Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Guys any thoughts on the bargain alert for this mechanical keyboard (QPAD MK-85 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95597539&postcount=1359

I have been using a Logitech G15 for years and have always wanted to buy a mechanical

Considering it is a 3 year old keyboard albeit at a good price, am i throwing money away when there are better ones available for a bit more money?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just seen Scan.co.uk do financing payments is that only open for UK residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Was looking at that keyboard myself but I think it's still pricey at that, may go for the CM storm tk.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,995 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not having much look trying to find a PCI Express M.2 Adaptor? Anyone have recommendations.

Im thinking of getting a Samsung 850 EVO Series M.2

Woop Woop! ultrawideeee monitor arrived today! so lush!

god damn last few parts are stuck in Germany tho. Haven't been shipped in almost 2 weeks because one piece is missing, which is the Enermax liqmax ii 240 AIO cooler.
    Kinda of an important bit, and it's something I really need for the build so have to wait it out. Hopefully they will manage to ship by the end of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Woop Woop! ultrawideeee monitor arrived today! so lush!

god damn last few parts are stuck in Germany tho. Haven't been shipped in almost 2 weeks because one piece is missing, which is the Enermax liqmax ii 240 AIO cooler.
    Kinda of an important bit, and it's something I really need for the build so have to wait it out. Hopefully they will manage to ship by the end of the week.

You'll have to throw up a pic and a few first impressions:)

I will take some pictures tomorrow. took one or 2 earlier but it's hard to see and there is no real comparison between anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got a 34" Dell 4K curved ultrawide as well recently. Nice.... but I'm not convinced. I genuinely find my 29" AOC Ultrawide 2560x1080 my favorite monitor do date. Watch this space for a sale soon :)

What resolution is the Dell 4K? Not interested in buying it(wouldn't have the money anyway) just genuinely curious to the resolution to make it ultrawide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What resolution is the Dell 4K? Not interested in buying it(wouldn't have the money anyway) just genuinely curious to the resolution to make it ultrawide.

3440×1440 :)

Thinking of ordering either this https://www.massdrop.com/buy/e-element-rgb-keyboard or this https://www.massdrop.com/buy/noppoo-lolita-spyder-rainbow-led-keyboards today. the first one is a K70 clone and has had decent reviews so far, haven't heard much about the 2nd board however.

Will throw up some pics of the LG monitor in a few, and a couple of words.

Okay so got the delivery yesterday, there was never any tracking number even though they retailer said they would give me one. I got it from etrodo, for under 300 all in all. Popped the box open and straight away I was impressed, it is very nice and sleek. Put the stand together and then threw it up on my desk and connected it to the macbook just to see if everything is good.

I heard that there was back light bleed and pixel issues with these so I began looking for stuck or dead pixels straight away and couldn't find anything.

when I connect it to the mac it only shows me the desktop on the screen and not what I'm actually doing on it eg;Boards etc.
    I'm not sure how to fix that to further look for pixels and back light bleed. It's something I won't really bother fixing as I'm guessing its something to do with both running at 2 completely different resolutions. Gonna wait until my rig is
    built to investigate further.

So far I'm very pleased with the monitor, it looks stunning and the quality is very nice, It ain't no retina display that I'm well used to but it is still beautiful. You can see in the pictures I've uploaded the difference in width of the 21:9 to the (I think) 16:9 macbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

when I connect it to the mac it only shows me the desktop on the screen and not what I'm actually doing on it eg;Boards etc.
    I'm not sure how to fix that to further look for pixels and back light bleed. It's something I won't really bother fixing as I'm guessing its something to do with both running at 2 completely different resolutions. Gonna wait until my rig is
    built to investigate further.

Its running in extended display mode (the alternative to clone), if you drag your window(say chrome) off to the left/right/top it'll appear on the other screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I paid €27 for this back in 2011

Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

Have two sets now, running 8GB. If I'm honest one part of my PC I never really factor for performance past the GB part :D

Anything on the market that would give big gains? I'm led to believe 16Gb is excessive and no need. Have relatively new motherboard, wondering if maybe there is faster speeds or something I could utilise (If I was to upgrade my current kit)

Got a couple of hours in on the monitor. Didn't want to bother at first hooking up my macbook as I thought it would be awkward to play, but then tried it out and it's so grand! Have to say I'm very impressed with the monitor so far, can't wait to actually have my desktop built up and ready to go tho, so I can experience the ultra graphics world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Got a couple of hours in on the monitor. Didn't want to bother at first hooking up my macbook as I thought it would be awkward to play, but then tried it out and it's so grand! Have to say I'm very impressed with the monitor so far, can't wait to actually have my desktop built up and ready to go tho, so I can experience the ultra graphics world.

Very nice, they are seriously impressive up close. I really want one but don't think I could go back to 60Hz for gaming.

I haven't experienced above 60hz myself, and don't really want to either yet haha, wouldn't want to ruin what I have.

When you get your main rig up and running, give a look here for compatible 21:9 games and fixes for older (and some newer ones..) ones. I have got lots of excellent surround/eyefinity fixes here over the years. :cool:

Ahhh nice! Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

What monitor are you running?

• Advertisement

LG 29um65 - 21:9 ultrawide monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

LG 29um65 - 21:9 ultrawide monitor

What's the refresh rate on it? It looks like a quality monitor :D

All 21:9's released so far (from what I've read) are 60hz out of the box, exception being Acer XR341CKA which was supposed to be 144hz but now up to 75hz max; due out end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What does everyone sit on?

I'm currently on a dining room chair and I've been on the look out for something proper in the £50-£100 range for a while now to replace it.

Can you buy these things on Amazon or do you absolutely have to sit on them first in a shop to see if they suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I had a ****ty desk chair for months, got a chair from Viking direct today

Its alright, comfy, but a bit short, though I've a high desk

I got a cheap office chair from Argos and it was the pits. Used it one evening for a hour or two and had to stop using it. back to my trusty wicker chair.

31428_PE120743_S5.JPG

Humanscale freedom headrest. Ropey back, old chair was not helping...and got this one for a great price on Gumtree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Ikea Markus
    ikeamarkusb3ez5.jpg

160€

so bloody comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

papu wrote: »
    Ikea Markus
    ikeamarkusb3ez5.jpg

160€

so bloody comfy

Comfy? Sturdy? Easy to put together?

How tall are you?

I'm 6ft3 and weight about 100kg so I need something sturdy with plenty of back support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Gbear wrote: »
    Comfy? Sturdy? Easy to put together?

How tall are you?

I'm 6ft3 and weight about 100kg so I need something sturdy with plenty of back support.

Comfy Sturdy 10year warranty and went together in about 15 mins. I'm only 6ft and 80kg but the back support is there, the seat tilts with the back which is real nice.

If you're in Ikea you can sit in one before you buy it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement