Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget cuts at RTE?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yes, as children it was awful and we only had two channels...

Yeah why did the kids TV have to suffer:confused: surely the beige cardigan brigade searching fcuking going for gold with henry kelly or whatever used to be on back then, prob fcuking switched over to the budgget anyway .:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Yeah why did the kids TV have to suffer:confused: surely the beige cardigan brigade searching fcuking going for gold with henry kelly or whatever used to be on back then, prob fcuking switched over to the budgget anyway .:mad:

You mean the god awful live at three....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 selfstarter

Talking of budgets and rte...

Any one remember when they used to cut zig and zig/the den and show the bloody budget instead?

Gettin in from school, school bag dumped in kitchen, telly on in anticipation of ninja turtles on r Scooby doo, only to see a bunch of **** in suits talking Shiite about taxes:mad:

i do'nt get this? zig & zag were on rte 2 & the budget was on rte 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Talking of budgets and rte...

Any one remember when they used to cut zig and zig/the den and show the bloody budget instead?

Gettin in from school, school bag dumped in kitchen, telly on in anticipation of ninja turtles on r Scooby doo, only to see a bunch of **** in suits talking Shiite about taxes:mad:

We would have been better off if Zig and Zag had been setting the budgets.

The country may not be ****ed now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Your comment makes me feel sick.

Your name made me throw up.

The stupidity of your comment is baffling. JobBridge doesn't mean budget cuts, it means they're trying to do something productive and help some unemployed people get in the door of the work industry.

Ya while Joe bleeding Duffy earns 300k a year and gets about 8 weeks holidays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Budget coverage was on both RTE channels. Analysis on RTE 1 with live Dail coverage on RTE 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

lertsnim wrote: »
    Budget coverage was on both RTE channels. Analysis on RTE 1 with live Dail coverage on RTE 2

Sure didnt they also cancel the den when there was horse racing on too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Ya while Joe bleeding Duffy earns 300k a year and gets about 8 weeks holidays!

You'd take that package and more if you had to listen to oul wans talk on about how "there was no texting in our day Joe. We didn't get pregnant and 17, well we did but that was the norm Joe. That's not how things should be now a days Joe . "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

jjbrien wrote: »
    Sure didnt they also cancel the den when there was horse racing on too

They cancelled everything when there was anything "major" going on. I can only assume they want to watch the world burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

August is always silly season, always has shorter news broadcasts.

It seems like some people don't have a memory of more than a year.

Everything will go back to normal in September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's always 30 minutes of news at 6pm followed by Reeling in the Years at 6.30 in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

WHAT! some of ye had two telly channels growing up?? All we had was Telefís Éireann and that was in black and white cos the telly was only monochrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

In fairness to RTE they're just doing the Middle East repeating loop at the moment. Sky is doing the South African guy nobody ever heard of endlessly.

Whens Keelin whatshername back in the mornings ? She was an improvement on the pasted-on smiles over at TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I have an idea for a programme... RTEs top celebs and Bosco go up the Dublin mountains to the hellfire club to hold a seance to get in contact with Gerry Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I have an idea for a programme... RTEs top celebs and Bosco go up the Dublin mountains to the hellfire club to hold a seance to get in contact with Gerry Ryan.

Which would be embarrassing. He faked his death. Himself and Elvis are up there smoking all that gear that they found on the sub off the Cork coast. Don't tell anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Could make a series out of it. Each week they hold a seance for a different, deceased Irish celebrity. If the celebrity in question isn't dead yet, there's a chance there for a spin-off show.

I'm obviously borrowing heavily from Bill Hicks' idea for a TV show; "Let's hunt and kill Billy Ray Cyrus".

Advertisement