Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mandatory Drive Test Every 10 Years

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Dowl88 wrote: »
    If you get six penalty points on your license you should be made retake it.

I would go with this too. The standard of driving is dreadful on the road. Far too many people think that driving is a right, not a privilege.
    dj jarvis wrote: »
    same could be said for your school or uni exams , sit them once , then never do them again , well you dont need to sit them again because you are using what you learned everyday , same with driving

And what about the people who never sat a test in the first place? Remember the licence give away? Do you not think that they should sit a test? As I said above, those who have built up penalty points, should have to re-sit it. If you have 6 or more points, you are not a competent driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mandatory test every 5 years after 60 and every 2 years after 80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Are our road deaths even that high? Tbh I think the N plate is already a step too far...I honestly found my driving test more stressful than my Leaving and hope I never have to do it again.

Absolutely 0 chance I would support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not a full test every 10yrs, just a small mini test, fail it and you have to do a full one.

When ya get to 65 ya have to automatically retake a full test, then again at 70, then every 2yrs after that.

Old people deteriorate so rapidly but of course no TD would ever propose that, as they'd lose the vote of the grannies overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Berserker wrote: »
    I would go with this too. The standard of driving is dreadful on the road. Far too many people think that driving is a right, not a privilege.

And what about the people who never sat a test in the first place? Remember the licence give away? Do you not think that they should sit a test? As I said above, those who have built up penalty points, should have to re-sit it. If you have 6 or more points, you are not a competent driver.

as i said in another post , if they were handed a licence through no fault of their own ,and have no points , then they are probably good drivers seeing they have their licence still , after nearly 40 years.

punish the ones who display bad driving skills - as they do in most country's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

scudzilla wrote: »
    Old people deteriorate so rapidly but of course no TD would ever propose that, as they'd lose the vote of the grannies overnight

Old people can be overly cautious. I have noticed a serious increase in overly aggressive driving over the past few years. Aggression is just as dangerous, if not more. I take the back roads to work and some of the overtaking I see is bordering on ridiculous. (continuous white lines, overtaking on sharp bends, overtaking more than one vehicle at once)

Advertisement