Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other uses for a hair dryer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sauve wrote: »
    Defrosting the freezer.

I used to live in a cold house, proper cold like. In the mornings during winter, we'd set up the hairdryer and then get dressed in front of it :D

Did you pretend you were in a 80's rock video every morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I regularly get out of the shower in the morning and find my missus sitting in a towel half asleep with the hairdryer blasting away in her general direction. Think it's the same instinct that makes cats sit on warm bonnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Unfreezing the stop cock out on the main road that wasn't put in deep enough in the first place by the council. 4 extension leads linked together, down the garden, and sit there for half a bloody hour on Christmas morning trying to get some water running in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

For the cold nights. Get a shoe or slipper stand it under your bed clothes at the head of the bed and put hair dryer going next to shoe. A few minutes and bed is warm. Faster than any electric blanket.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I do the 'sock over the hairdryer' thing but not with wet socks, I just do it on cold mornings so my socks are nice and toasty before I put them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

My friend was telling me the other day that shes often too lazy regarding clothes washiñg and she sometimes uses the hairdryer to dry her underwear. With socks she will put the sock around the nozzle and blast a bit of hot air inside the sock.

As well as that her friends once painted on a house wall. She had to paint over it before her landlady inspected it and she used the hairdryer to dry the wall paint.

I often use a hairdryer to defrost the freezer when it gets too frozen over.

Any other uses (besides the obvious) for a hair drier?

peeling off parking fine stickers of your car window - hair dryer melts the glue and it peels off in one go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I once spilt a pint of water on my laptop and tried to dry it off with a hair dryer........it just melted the keys......melted the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Emergency cigarette lighter, if u starve the hair dryer of air the element goes red !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

I've heard it said that Mossad have a novel use for them. Hold one to ye ear and ye'll f**king soon be telling them absolutely what ever they want to know :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Ditch wrote: »
    I've heard it said that Mossad have a novel use for them. Hold one to ye ear and ye'll f**king soon be telling them absolutely what ever they want to know :eek:

Never realised my hairdresser worked for Mossad. When she asked if I had any holiday plans, I thought she was just making conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Sticking the end of hairdryer in socks to heat instantly (winter time)

Warming the bed with!

Blow away fluff.

Great heat when you are freezing :)

After giving birth and having a shower I used the hair dryer to dry "my bits" and keep the towel decent looking.

Enjoy your tea :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

After giving birth and having a shower I used the hair dryer to dry "my bits" and keep the towel decent looking.

Ya mad bitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Training mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Maybe this should be on the cooking thread but if you stick one up a Duck's ar$e you can dry out the flesh prior to making crispy duck.

This is so wrong.. and dangerous...... you aren't meant to put air up there, something to do with blood vessels and that air thing you can get that kills you

"When air is blown or forced directly into a vagina — without allowing any air to escape — an air embolism (the abnormal presence of air in the cardiovascular system) could form, which can be fatal. Women who are more at risk for this unlikely possibility are those whose pelvic vessels are enlarged (meaning, increased blood supply to the vagina) due to a condition such as trauma and possibly pregnancy. So, if a very large amount of air were to be blown or forced into their vaginal canals, it's possible that the air could enter their bloodstream, causing a blockage in a blood vessel. As a result, some of these women, perhaps including the pregnant women's fetus, may experience complications. In extraordinary cases, some of these women (and the fetus) may die if the embolism travels to the heart or lungs."

"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Tazio wrote: »
    Training mice.

To do what ? Use a hairdryer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

This is so wrong.. and dangerous...... you aren't meant to put air up there, something to do with blue vessels and that air thing you can get that kills you

I doubt as daft as AH can be , that she actually put a hairdryer "up there " .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Lighting stubborn bbq coals on the bbq, gets that baby going all the time, also for lighting the fire in your house if it wont catch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Power source of hot air for my cats hot air balloon.

• Advertisement

I doubt as daft as AH can be , that she actually put a hairdryer "up there " .

She'd be some woman if she did. ouchie

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Scaring the dog, putting it on the cold setting and putting it up against my face/ mouth because it feels weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Drying your balls, awh yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Great for drying socks,

Drying your balls, awh yeah.

Who told ya?

FFS Mrs, I didn't stick the thing up me minny!!!!!

FFS Mrs, I didn't stick the thing up me minny!!!!!

haha sorry :D I can be a tad bit dramatic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Hair dryer + Table tennis ball = Endless entertainment.

Hair dryer + Table tennis ball = Endless entertainment.

Really :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Really :D

Yup. Point it upwards with the warm air on and plop in the ball. Youll keep it floating in midair and look like mothafuggin Gandelf while doing it.

Advertisement