Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore Losers

Options
  • 06-08-2014 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Tell me about some sore losers you know and incidents involving them!

I can't really think of any of my own right now asides from my brother, goes absolute nuts when he loses; I've seen him drop kick an Xbox around a room (he broke two of them!), break discs in half with his teeth, chew and swallow game covers, cut jerseys to shreds ...gets scarily involved into his football games and matches, proper mental stuff. I always forget he does it until I'm home some day his team loses, you'd never expect from him at any other time.

...sore winners would be good too! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I'll admit I'm a sore loser. I get really really mad when I lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

A friend of my parents is a really lovely guy until he loses at cards or board games. The best example is when he had gotten his girlfriend pregnant in the mid 80s, went up to her conservative Catholic parents' house to have the whole "welp, I guess we're getting married, nice to meet you by the way" conversation, and ended up roaring at his future father in law over Monopoly a few hours later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

A friend of my parents is a really lovely guy until he loses at cards or board games. The best example is when he had gotten his girlfriend pregnant in the mid 80s, went up to her conservative Catholic parents' house to have the whole "welp, I guess we're getting married, nice to meet you by the way" conversation, and ended up roaring at his future father in law over Monopoly a few hours later.

Understandable. I've seen marriages break up over monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm a sore winner. I love to rub it in people's faces when I win stuff and go on about how great I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The entire island when Dublin win a gaa match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Every game of Monopoly either ends in apathy or a war though, the ****ing father in law led him into a trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

And vice versa ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Eh, your brother sounds like he has mental issues beyond being a sore loser OP.

That's simply not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Tell me about some sore losers you know and incidents involving them!

I can't really think of any of my own right now asides from my brother, goes absolute nuts when he loses; I've seen him drop kick an Xbox around a room (he broke two of them!), break discs in half with his teeth, chew and swallow game covers, cut jerseys to shreds ...gets scarily involved into his football games and matches, proper mental stuff. I always forget he does it until I'm home some day his team loses, you'd never expect from him at any other time.

...sore winners would be good too! :D

You're brother isn't a sore loser. He's a psychopath.

Your, not you're

• Advertisement

keith16 wrote: »
    That's simply not true.

Don't get him started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

And vice versa ;)
    We arent used to losing lately:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Who among us hasn't flipped over the board in disguist when a five year old beats you at chess/draughts or snakes and ladders?

It's a learning curve.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He sounds like a complete fucking moron to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I know a guy that repeated Maths in the Leaving Cert because he wasn't happy with his A2 (he had the points, easily, to do the college course he wanted). Got an A1 on the repeat. Not sure if that's a sore loser or a man of principle, lol.

Barcelona are a team that are sore winners and very sore losers.

Donegal struck me as very sore winners 2 years ago.

porsche959 wrote: »
    I know a guy that repeated Maths in the Leaving Cert because he wasn't happy with his A2 (he had the points, easily, to do the college course he wanted). Got an A1 on the repeat. Not sure if that's a sore loser or a man of principle, lol.

Neither, it's an eejit.

I should clarify, he was a lot of repressed anger ...the other brother does too, actually!

Don't think I do though... do I?:confused:

I should clarify, he was a lot of repressed anger ...the other brother does too, actually!

Don't think I do though... do I?:confused:

You're from Galway so you probably do.

You're from Galway so you probably do.
    Aha, you're wrong! I'm from Longford!

..oh wait, that's worse, isn't it? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

No, I'm a good sport and pretty gracious in losing. I'd want to be seeing as I'm such a .. loser.

Seriously though, if I lost something, or even just 'out out on something' down to someone cheating and so there was an element of an injustice about it, well then I would be pissed off about that for sure but otherwise, if it's a just a case of someone being better.. so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

No, I'm a good sport and pretty gracious in losing. I'd want to be seeing as I'm such a .. loser.

Seriously though, if I lost something, or even just 'out out on something' down to someone cheating and so there was an element of an injustice about it, well then I would be pissed off about that for sure but otherwise, if it's a just a case of someone being better.. so be it.

It's amazing how much that attitude drives people up the wall sometimes, it's like they want you to be a sore loser. "Hahaha I beat you!" "Aye, so you did" "You lost! I'm better at this game!" "That's true" ":("

It's amazing how much that attitude drives people up the wall sometimes, it's like they want you to be a sore loser. "Hahaha I beat you!" "Aye, so you did" "You lost! I'm better at this game!" "That's true" ":("
    That's a sore winner

There was one kid back in primary who used to always force the football match or whatever to have him win at the end of lunch "next goal wins" "...no, not that goal, the next goal!" who was insufferable but everyone seemed to think he was great cos the school was full of ***** and sure ***** love *****, I guess.
    Anyways, when he got up to sixth class, effectively becoming king of the schoolyard, he used to spend half of every lunch having a ****ing trophy presentation to himself.

As an aside, he was still going on about how he's going to play for Liverpool when he was in sixth year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

A friend of mine is the worst sore loser I know,its funny to watch him getting beat on the PlayStation his controllers are all taped together from when he loses it and smashes them,was only down with him last night and there was a controller embedded halfway in the plasterboard from him losing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Understandable. I've seen marriages break up over monopoly.

My family can't play monopoly anymore.

Not after... the incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

As an aside, he was still going on about how he's going to play for Liverpool when he was in sixth year :(

I'm guessing he didn't?

catallus wrote: »
    I'm guessing he didn't?
    Not yet, he's only 26 though and I'm sure he's emailing them videos of him doing skills running rings around a bunch a children, that's bound to get some notice eventually!

• Site Banned Posts: 1 yip yip YoPs

the palestinians

(too soon?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

My leaving cert physics book had grass stains on the pages due to the amount of times I threw it out the window in a blind rage. My dad loosing at the driving range is also quite funny. There's a regression to a child-like state of tantrums, anger and depression. A friend who'd loose at badminton just wouldn't talk to me for days after. When someone I like doesn't like me it usually takes little short of a death threat to get rid of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

used to play wwe on the playstation with a friend of mine. Every time I came close to winning and had him in a pin attempt that was headed for a 3 count he would threaten to quit the game

Advertisement