Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How smelly are you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Never use the washing machine, I just throw everything in the bath and have a shower down on top of it once a week, the water does be brown running out of it at the start but everything comes out clean after the shampoo and shower gel and a bit of stamping around, same for my cycling gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I sweat like a nun in a cucumber field so no choice but for clean, dry gear everytime.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thargor wrote: »
    the water does be brown running out of it at the start

:eek:

(unfollows thread) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Generally clean but not always! Can depend on whether I need the only pair of shorts I have at the moment in which the keys have not cut a hole in the back pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

PauloMN wrote: »
    :eek:

(unfollows thread) :pac:
    From running (well trying to run) the cliff walk between Bray and Greystones, its boggy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Wash gear everytime (80% of the time in the sink rather than washing machine) bar the odd slow short recovery run

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Wouldn't be so sure about that. All sorts of bacteria down there! You're lucky it hasn't fallen off yet!! :eek:

We all have to make sacrifices for our running, mine are made in the bedroom department. :pac:
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Do you wear underwear under your shorts ?

Of course.

Lots of people will be avoiding me at the boards A/R Xmas party now, should have said nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

I have been know to change gear mid run :)
    The top that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Stinky shorts have me paranoid. A colleague was telling me a story some time ago about how he used to give a friend of his a lift to five a side every week. One particular weekend he thought one of them left some gear in the car as there was an awful stink but he couldn't find it anywhere. When he got onto the floor to look under the seats he got an awful whiff and realised it was from the car seat itself.

His mate had obviously just thrown on a previously worn pair of shorts that may have smelled alright but when left in close contact with a warm arse and other material the results weren't great. I think he had to wash the seat in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Thargor wrote: »
    Never use the washing machine, I just throw everything in the bath and have a shower down on top of it once a week, the water does be brown running out of it at the start but everything comes out clean after the shampoo and shower gel and a bit of stamping around, same for my cycling gear.

Please tell me you have a shower more often then once a week?

Ew, I can smell your gee from here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Please tell me you have a shower more often then once a week?

Ew, I can smell your gee from here.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

New gear every run, has to be! I sometimes struggle to find clean gear on a double day so the old GAA shorts might make the odd appearance, if they do I usually bring a football with me and do solos

• Registered Users Posts: 54,928 ✭✭✭✭walshb

For training I would get a couple of days at least out of a pair of shorts or t-shirt. Dry them out (fresh air) and go again. It's not like you're going to a wedding. It's a run. If you were to wash every fresh item after a training session you'd never be away from the washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You track jockeys only run a few metres anyway don't you ? Hardly long enough to get shorts smelly after a session so that's fair enough I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Most running gear is lightweight and quick drying, running them under a tap and hanging them in the shower or on the line takes about 30 seconds, no need to use the washing machine at all unless it's caked in mud.

No excuse to leave a sweaty pile of clothes in the washbasket or on the floor to stiffen with sweat and be reused. Just rinse and let it dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Would always have to have clean stuff. I sweat buckets.
    Might use shorts again if I was really stuck and also would hand wash a t shirt in the shower or something but generally have clean gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,928 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Would always have to have clean stuff. I sweat buckets.
    Might use shorts again if I was really stuck and also would hand wash a t shirt in the shower or something but generally have clean gear.

I sweat fairly easily as well, but a good airing should allow you to wear a t-shirt for a few days' training. Takes a day or two of training/sweat for the sweat smell to become quite noticeable.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

In some races I have run alongside people who smelled all sweaty and horrible. Now I know who they are. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Oryx wrote: »
    In some races I have run alongside people who smelled all sweaty and horrible. Now I know who they are. :)

I can never understand it at races, whatever about training away on your own in the sticks.

Advertisement