Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you're tired when...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

When you search for ebay on ebay, like I did last night.

I'm a slave to the snoozes. I get very intolerant of discomfort or any kind of irritation and it makes me snappy.

I know I'm tired when I drop things. I do that a lot when I'm tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

you say to the wife, "Get off me will ya ......not tonight dear, I'm too tired. And stop that ....... I don't want a b/j either".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Trebor176

- Grouchiness at 7am is not uncommon

- Falling back asleep shortly after being woken at the above time, and forgetting I got my wake-up call. The odd time, looking at the clock, realising the time, and saying "****" before leaping out of the bed.

- About to put the cereal in the fridge, instead of the milk, but quickly realising the error.

- Tasks in work are done at a slower than normal pace. At lunchtime, I feel myself nodding off at the table.

- End of the day, back home, sitting on the sofa watching some telly, and I drift off and end up missing whatever I've been watching. . .

Just some things that come to mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

For me, it's when....

- The simplest of tasks take forever to finish and concentrating on anything is extremely difficult.

- I have zero patience and feel like responding to anyone who bothers me in the following way:

- I go to the toilet to take a 5 minute power nap

- I tend to do dumb shít like put my clothes in the bin instead of the laundry basket, put cutlery in the fridge etc etc etc.

- Go downstairs/upstairs for something and completely forget what that something was.

- I fall asleep in a non-sleep conducive environment e.g. at a party/in a bar/in the cinema etc etc (has happened).

I can't function without sleep, power naps are my friend.

Very apt username. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's too much effort to walk from the sitting room to the bedroom so you sleep on the couch.

And then some gobshíte wakes you up and tells you to go to bed. :mad: For the love of god, could you not have let me sleep on the couch. :mad: I think I have slept on the couch twice in my entire lifetime because I always get woken up and told to go to bed. :mad:

I thought once I moved out, that would be the end of it but NO! :mad:

Very apt username. :D

Everyone gets tired, even skinny people.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nala_rinaldo

… you feel tired. quite simple really

… you feel tired. quite simple really

Ah g'way, you're no fun atal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

..an endocrinologist decides to take you in for some tests to see if you have an under active thyroid and the results come back negative and so you then spend a fortune seeking out alternatives like homeopathy, even though you don't believe in it and then your wife leaves you cause you won't leave the bed and only ever eat cream crackers and tins of pink salmon as you watch Jeremy Kyle and re runs of Remington Steele.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I struggle to string a sentence together - stumble over and forget words. I become clumsy and walk into things. Also I find it hard to concentrate on anything and become restless.

Advertisement