Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you're tired when...

Options
  • 05-08-2014 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

For me, it's when....

- The simplest of tasks take forever to finish and concentrating on anything is extremely difficult.

- I have zero patience and feel like responding to anyone who bothers me in the following way:

- I go to the toilet to take a 5 minute power nap

- I tend to do dumb shít like put my clothes in the bin instead of the laundry basket, put cutlery in the fridge etc etc etc.

- Go downstairs/upstairs for something and completely forget what that something was.

- I fall asleep in a non-sleep conducive environment e.g. at a party/in a bar/in the cinema etc etc (has happened).

I can't function without sleep, power naps are my friend. So AHers, you know you're tired when......

p.s: If there's loads of typos and my grammar sucks it's cos a nap is imminent. I apologise in advance, my brain is mushy. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

....I fall asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

i yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

When I get too tired to overthink and actually become productive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

...when I'm not even sure where I am anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Leave the keys in the car door when opening it and wonder where they are when I sit in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

When I get too tired to overthink and actually become productive!

I was actually very tired today but got loads done. I was really productive. But now I'm at the stage where I really need to sleepies. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

When you start having dreams while driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

kneemos wrote: »
    Leave the keys in the car door when opening it and wonder where they are when I sit in.

I do that as well!! Or when you are looking for something and it's in your fecking hand. -_____-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I fall asleep on the loo in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

When you wake up and the news is over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I start stumbling into things like as if I'm drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I thought of another. When I'm really, truly exhausted, I can't speak properly. I forget words, stumble over sentences, and sound drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

When you just stare at things without even thinking about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Not exhausted, but when tired in the morning I tend to sneeze a lot. I have no idea why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I am also more productive when tired. Thought process goes

Need to sleep > have stuff to do > once stuff is done, can sleep > do stuff quickly and well, will have amazing sleep > do stuff well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

I have a choice of two fun things to go to this evening and having just come in from work and sitting down I'll be doing neither:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

youtyping comes ou t like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

When it's simply not your fault that you dropped your smartphone on the street.
    When it's just not your own fault for taking that selfie, drunk as a skunk and post on facebook . The nicotene told you to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

cormie wrote: »
    When you start having dreams while driving.

Sleepy-driving is definitely at least as dangerous as drunk driving. F*** me, I've really terrified myself once or twice on the road almost losing focus due to tiredness. So, now I don't drive when sleepy, and if I'm even just a tad tired I'll have a coffee before I set off.

Don't sleepy-drive, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You have cold shivers running through you. You make little insignificant errors far more frequently. Your ears feel like they will melt. Your body aches so much stairs seems like a chore. The only reason you're not falling asleep is the fact you're forcing your feet to stay standing. Even then your balance ain't what it should be and some folks might think you're inebriated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I get cranky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I tend to get silly when i get tired.

It takes very little to make me start laughing and i find it hard to stop. I'll also come out with bizarre statements which in turn make me laugh even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

When I'm completely knackered and fighting it I usually go hard as a rock.

My theory is that my body will do anything to get me to sleep and it knows that after shooting my load, I'm usually out for the count.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I get really really snappy with people :o

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

I go into fits of giggles. It actually hurts because I cannot stop laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Can't be bothered to have a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Walking three feet takes all your energy.

My yawns become something like a hippo giving everryone a good eyeful of my tonsils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's too much effort to walk from the sitting room to the bedroom so you sleep on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I know I'm tired when I start randomly dropping dishes on the ground or putting weird stuff in the fridge. Coordination disappears

When I'm really really tired I'm delirious, I feel drunk and I can't stop laughing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭The Singing Beard

I've tried zapping my front door / work locker open with my car door zapper :-)

Advertisement