Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm finding myself very distracted by the technical issues this game has. The game itself is pretty good so far, standard AC fare. But the engine really is creaking.

The audio drops in and out during combat plus I'm getting stuck on geometry much more than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think I'll wait for the xbone/ps4 port of this.

Kirby wrote: »
    I think I'll wait for the xbone/ps4 port of this.

I would like to have waited too but I want to play Unity some time soon. And Rogue is the gateway into Unity.

I really am missing the ability to remote play this title. I played so much of ACIV on the Vita via remote play.

If you have ignored AC Rogue because it was the least hyped AC game yet then you have made a massive mistake. This is one of the best AC games around. The campaign is short but it is excellent. There is no filler missions here. I liked ACIV but that had way to many tailing missions. None of those here.

I really like how they subverted the normal AC gameplay and had you playing as the Templar. You are hunted throughout the game and it makes for a refreshing change. Ideally, I'd rather have played it on the PS4 but I wanted to play it before Unity so I wasn't prepared to wait.

I think it will make a fitting end for my time with the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

The father is a big AC4 fan and was asking about getting this or Unity before Christmas. I just told him about all the bugs and such in Unity and had heard this still had the naval combat (which he loved) so he got this. He's basically been strapped to it throughout the entire Christmas period. Don't think he would have been the same in Unity. It's a pity though because they've the PS4 and no proper good games he'd like on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has it been confirmed its been ported over too ps4?

Has it been confirmed its been ported over too ps4?

No confirmation yet. But I believe the PC version has been confirmed so that should mean an easy port job over to the PS4. They must be planning it though as it would be easy money. The game would greatly benefit from a remaster.

Its a terrific game but a little rough around the edges. I think it is pushing the PS3 pretty hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Was gifted a copy of this and have to say I'm struggling to enjoy it.
    It's my first AC game which doesn't help but the game has a very rushed/half assed feel to the environment/controls interaction.

It feels like they put all their effort into the next gen issue but will keep at it nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It feels like they put all their effort into the next gen issue

Two completely different studios (Ubisoft Sofia did this one), so it's highly unlikely the studio they didn't try their best. Budget would've been lower and there was most definitely a remit to reuse resources, but given the nature of the game I don't think that was particularly unfair

COYVB wrote: »
    Two completely different studios (Ubisoft Sofia did this one), so it's highly unlikely the studio they didn't try their best. Budget would've been lower and there was most definitely a remit to reuse resources, but given the nature of the game I don't think that was particularly unfair

The whole situation is unpleasantly reminiscent of the arkham origins debacle.

• Advertisement

The whole situation is unpleasantly reminiscent of the arkham origins debacle.

Not really. Rogue for any fans of the series is a terrific game. It has all the sailing elements of Black Flag plus the best campaign since Brotherhood.

It also mixes up the gameplay like no other AC game has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Agreed. Best one for a while IMO - even though it's just black flag 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Was very tempted alright but like most, I think I'll hold out for the [hopeful] current generation version

Not really. Rogue for any fans of the series is a terrific game. It has all the sailing elements of Black Flag plus the best campaign since Brotherhood.

It also mixes up the gameplay like no other AC game has.

The main studio has moved all of it's attention to the next gen issue, while handing the bulk of the data needed for a game, to a third party outfit, to rehash into a 'new game', with a few tweeks.

So, yeah, really.

Advertisement