Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Options
  • 05-08-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Looks like Ubisoft has had another Assassin's Creed leaked. I've been waiting to hear more about this Assassin's Creed game for last-gen consoles. I thought we would have heard more about it by now.

According to the images it is called Assassin's Creed Rogue and it is bringing back naval combat from ACIV and III. I'm happy about that because I assume it will not be in Assassin's Creed Unity and it is a really great feature. It is a little disappointing that it is only on last-gen consoles because the naval parts (and the game as a whole I suppose) would look better on the PS4/Xbox One.

10557263_4292821505462pk6n.jpg

snthn0egumfikz6sbgmi.jpg

I for one don't care that they are releasing two AC games in one year. I love the franchise so I'll buy and play both. Although I wonder if they will release a HD remaster in 2015.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Im finding it hard enough as is too keep up with this franchise haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have they confirmed no naval combat for Unity? That puts me right off it to be honest, as it was by far the highlight of the game.

As for this, i'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

nice, I'll be picking up both

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Kiith wrote: »
    Have they confirmed no naval combat for Unity? That puts me right off it to be honest, as it was by far the highlight of the game.

As for this, i'll wait and see.
    Wouldn't adding naval combat to a game set during the French Revolution being game mechanic shoe horning to the extreme? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

From Gameinformer
    Rogue places fans in the shoes of a Templar, controlling former Assassin-turned-Templar Shay Patrick Cormac. Employing the popular naval gameplay from Black Flag, you navigate a ship across the frigid North Atlantic. Other locales you visit include the Appalachian River Valley and a reimagined New York. Shay is an assassin hunter who has to be even more clever to outsmart his sneaky foes. This entry takes place during the Seven Years' War, filling in the gap between Black Flag and Assassin's Creed III. We won't spoil much, but it has a crucial link to the Kenway saga. Our exclusive feature gives more insight into Shay, details how the cold waters are different from Black Flag's Caribbean setting, and discusses the tools Shay has at his disposal for outsmarting assassins. The Seven Years' War is part of what lead to France's financial troubles, and it's hinted that Shay has even deeper ties to Unity.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/05/september-cover-reveal-assassins-creed-rogue-unity.aspx?utm_content=buffer95604&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    Wouldn't adding naval combat to a game set during the French Revolution being game mechanic shoe horning to the extreme? :o

Yeah i know...but if they can make alien technology the cause of every major conflict in our history, they can figure out some way of adding naval combat to the French Revolution :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I'm guessing with a name like that he's Irish or at least has Irish ancestry?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

2 PC releases this winter. Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Far more interested in Unity, than this. I reckon we will see a lot of reused assets for Assassins Creed 3 for New York and various other corners being cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

they can figure out some way of adding naval combat to the French Revolution :P
    Bring back horsies!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's good timing here, I only recently started Black Flag (am hoping to finish it this week).
    Shay is an assassin hunter who has to be even more clever to outsmart his sneaky foes.
    This piques my interest most of all. It'd be quite interesting to have a new or at least reimagined combat system that puts you on equal terms with a skilled opponent instead of the "hold block and counter" method of slaughtering mooks that the series' combat has become. I'd love to see something like they have in Dishonored where by NPCs and the environment reacts to how many people you kill or stealth past. It's a mechanic that's sorely missing from the last couple of games - an assassin shouldn't be butchering hundreds of guards or soldiers indiscriminately and the games don't allow for that all that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Announcement Trailer

Oh gods the accent :(:(:(

Says it's exclusive to 360 and PS3? Oh well, won't be playing it so, I can put it out of my head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,139 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sweet suffering Christ, what an awful accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They rarely get the Irish accent right, or maybe we all sounded like that back in them times!

Regardless, this has me far more excited than Unity. I'll be buying this before Unity.

They rarely get the Irish accent right, or maybe we all sounded like that back in them times!
    Americans seem to have their own version of an Irish accent. That's like a mish mash of northern and southern with a twang of American settler.

I figured out a way to make this game better and to have a proper Irish accent...

317325.jpg

(yea, I know, I'm not much good at sh00ping things, but that is Ronan O'Gara's face under the hood)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I saw in the comments of one of the videos that he's supposed to be Scottish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Someone's been watching Darby O'Gill and telling Ubisoft it's historical research.

I saw in the comments of one of the videos that he's supposed to be Scottish.
    They managed to insult two countries so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Aww, not another Assassin turned Templar.

More like an Assassin turned Templar turned Rogue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

More interested in Assassins Creed: Rouge to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

More like an Assassin turned Templar turned Rogue.

If it turns out he's using the Templars as a means to an end, great, but people need to stop swapping sides demmit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,390 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had no interest in it until I watched the trailer. Now I want to play it just to laugh at that accent the whole way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Confirmed that there will be no multiplayer what so ever in this one :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I laughed when I heard the Honest Trailers guy doing the voice over at the end.

They should have gotten the Rubber Bandits to do the voice acting. They'd be cheaper than an "Oirish" actor, and much more fun.

<stabs Templar in neck>
    THA'S LIMERICK CIDAAAY!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sarky wrote: »
    They should have gotten the Rubber Bandits to do the voice acting. They'd be cheaper than an "Oirish" actor, and much more fun.

<stabs Templar in neck>
    THA'S LIMERICK CIDAAAY!

New weapon type - copper pipe

• Advertisement

"Adidas trainers are now available in stores"

"You have collected 5/100 Bags of Yokes"

Advertisement