Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A few queries about the keyboard

Options
  • 04-08-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I came into a pretty decent keyboard a couple of months ago and I bought myself a teach-yourself book and have been tipping away with it.
    Now I know nothing about playing instrument and I don't think my progress has been too good, I have 5 or 6 chords down handy and my right hand stuff is very stop and start-y.
    A bit of my problem is that I prefer the piano to the keyboard and in fact I think the rhythm thing in the keyboard sounds pretty cheap and trashy a lot of the time and not just when I play it- I do love the right hand stuff though.
    So what's the deal with the keyboard in relation to the piano? Is what you learn on the keyboard transferable to the piano? Would it be worth getting lessons in the keyboard? How long does it take to get a bit of skill in it?
    Thank you :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 See Me

I bought a big weighted keyboard 2 years ago thinking I was going to really get into it. Even though it has weighted keys, I still prefer the raw sound to the piano. I haven't played it that much.

Since it's easier for me to motivate myself to get better on guitar, I mainly stick to that. As long as I'm progressing at music in general, that's enough for me

Advertisement