Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too early to light the fire?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It might be lashing rain out but it's not cold!

Chucken wrote: »
    We're working our way through the trees that came down in the storm. Got about 2 years worth of timber. Every cloud and all that :)

Ran out in march/april this year after having a supply for last 3 years so was down to the bog this summer.

I know it's not cold but there is a slight chill in the air which a nice, small fire will fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

It might be lashing rain out but it's not cold!

What would you call 11 degrees?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

We lit a fire, was for a BBQ though. Umbrella came in handy but no damn rain is going stop my steak and lamb chop BBQ!

And no, it's not feicin cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Met eireann are saying 9 for cork, is snow on the way?

• Advertisement

Met eireann are saying 9 for cork, is snow on the way?

It's too cold for snow ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Not cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Magaggie wrote: »
    Do you sit in a furnace when it's actually cold between November and February?

I love my heat my feather duvet stayed on all summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

It was some nice day here, what rain are ye on about? Lovely summer day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Cold? A lot of Irish people (particularly women) need to man the fuk up when it comes to weather.
    A bit of a breeze, bit of drizzle, grey skies - is not automatically cold.

No way not the women but the men I know a few and you would think they would melt if they went out in a few drops of rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I call it "change out if the shorts and t-Shirt into jeans and jumper" weather, not "stay in the shorts and T-Shirt and light the fire" weather. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

lulu1 wrote: »
    No way not the women but the men I know a few and you would think they would melt if they went out in a few drops of rain
    Gotta say, in my experience it's definitely women.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Calibos wrote: »
    I call it "change out if the shorts and t-Shirt into jeans and jumper" weather, not "stay in the shorts and T-Shirt and light the fire" weather. ;)

Logical. I did that and it worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Seriously, is this thread a wind up? There is no need for a fire. It is pissing down here and I have the windows and back door open for a bit of air to come in. I appreciate that we are all different but put a jumper on if you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Average. I just walked to the shop and back got wet alright bit of wind but not cold.

Calibos wrote: »
    And people complain about fuel bills. It's not their usage at all, it's the company ripping them off...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

And people complain about fuel bills. It's not their usage at all, it's the company ripping them off...

Well I wouldn't be putting on a fire if I couldn't afford to.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Its the start of Autumn, not winter!

Its definitly not cold imho, dark and grey and full of potential soakage yes!

It could be all changed, warm, sunny and summery tomorrow or within the next week going by our sporatic weather :pac: so I wouldnt go about getting all wintery just yet!

Light the fire if you want to OP, for the evening thats in it, its always nice having one lit on a dark gloomy day, bit of nice wine or something and big dinner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I had to close the blinds because of the sunshine. Plus, I had to close the windows because of all the noise from the kids playing outside. Now I'm too warm :mad:

Just realised I'm starving! What would be good to eat whilst sitting in front of the fire, glass of wine in hand listening to the rain?

It's not stew weather, just yet.

• Advertisement

Fire weather, but not stew weather. :)
    candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Its the start of Autumn, not winter!
    Still summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm sitting here in my T-Shirt, short and flip-flops. Windows open as much as they can be in this rain…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Pissing rain here all day and still warm. Went into town and nearly fell over with the heat. Back door open now so a lovely gale going. Can hear stuff being knocked over upstairs from the curtains. Still warm though.

Candy, don't make the same mistake as me and forget to close the windows. Bugs and insects all in my room. I could feel them flying around my head!

I slept on the couch that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

GerB40 wrote: »
    This is the most Irish thread boards has ever produced..
    Yeah nobody has mentioned putting on the immersion yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I must have killed 20 wasps yesterday and to make it worse the dog tries to eat them I wouldnt fancy eating a wasp

Cold? A lot of Irish people (particularly women) need to man the fuk up when it comes to weather.
    A bit of a breeze, bit of drizzle, grey skies - is not automatically cold.
    One of my friends (male) wants to go inside every time the sun goes behind a cloud during the summer. Last year we were playing pitch and putt and one of the lads had his top off while cold guy had a tshirt and a shirt on with a full-length coat zipped up. He hilarious though, I once told him I had put on an electric heater when all I'd done was put on the light, it was enough for him to think he was warm again. :P

People who are always cold get on my nerves big time. Especially when their first reaction is to put on heating instead of a jumper. I love the winter because I get to put on a hoodie and to roll into a ball in bed. :P

People who are always cold get on my nerves big time. Especially when their first reaction is to put on heating instead of a jumper.
    It has to be psychological to a point. Or maybe being brought up in a home where the heating would be at molten point. The Irish mammy phenomenon.
    Our house was always cold so that made me "hardier". :pac:

It has to be psychological to a point. Or maybe being brought up in a home where the heating would be at molten point. The Irish mammy phenomenon.
    Our house was always cold so that made me "hardier". :pac:
    We only have the heating on to stop the windows from shattering. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Have the fire blazing,cup of tea and a joint :)

Advertisement