Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z Nation (Syfy) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I assume that the reason for the zombies to behave so oddly was due to them being attracted to sound. It's an interesting idea that could, if handled properly open up a world of possibilities.

I hope you are right. I'll stick with it if the zombies remain fast. We'll find out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Another explanation for the fast/slow could be dependent on how long since they had turned into zombies. More decayed = slower zombie.
    During episode 1, when the spiked mace got its test run, they fended off a couple of fast hillbilly brother zombies. One of the Camp Blue Sky group said something about the brothers were only recently turned by the look of things. I took that as maybe having something to do with the agility of the zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭squonk

Not as interesting as the pilot for sure but I'll stick with it for now. If they just cop out and have slow zombies from now on then the show really will go nowhere. The premise of the show as I see it is fast scary zombies getting battered in fun ways! I don't think the show is any more complicated than that! I thought they might have fecked a few matches into the big tank with the zombies actually. The two bikers are an interesting development as well.

Well this week some of the zombies are fast and some are slow. I'm still enjoying this for the brainless fun that it is. The story is full of holes but I don't care, I'm enjoying it.

There was a real 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' feeling to this weeks show. I had been eating my dinner whilst watching it and had to pause the show until I was finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

"Oh look, they got the kids out" lol.

The fact the Asylum made it nearly made me nearly switch it off there and then! Usual Asylum calibre of acting though. Find myself having to force myself to watch it, but jeebus that
    spider baby
    can move fast!

Shall give it a few episodes though to see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,823 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This week's was fun while building characters. And a bit gross.

There were elements of this week's episode that reminded me of an episode in The Walking Dead Season One video game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I really enjoyed this weeks episode. Was good fun. Even though I was expecting it I still jumped when
    the zombie appeared in the back of the car.

The scene where
    cutting off skin on the dinner table
    was gross.

Thumbs up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another fun stupid gory bloody episode with Zombies not Walkers.
    Stoned Zombie
    :D

Yeah agreed! This show is so crap it's great! Z Nation and Banshee are both great demos of how crap TV can actually be great!

• Advertisement

A few good moments this week for sure. The family of robbers and the stoned zombie. Stoned zombie scenes were very funny. Good stuff

I'm liking this more an more each week.

Far more fun than The Walking Dead.

Wonder if we'll get to see 10K get his 10,000th zombie. Maybe have him killing loads between episodes as well.

This is a fun series. Just hope they either don't run out of ideas or finish voluntarily before they do. Citizen Z is already getting kinda pointless outside of telling them where to go.

Think only questions I have that I pretty much choose to ignore for this series is where do they get all the ammo and where do they get all the fuel?

Also similar to Walking Dead, they seem to have no problem getting covered in zombie parts or blood which clearly sometimes goes in their mouth yet doesn't kill them.

I thought the point with this show though was that everybody has the Z virus. If you get a heart attack and die you mutate into a zombie. The reason you become a zombie when the Z's attack you id that they eat you and you die anyway. I think you can get all the Z blood you like on you and you'll be OK.

Another really good episode and unexpected death..

This show knows what it is and it is doing a great job at making a fun series.

This is now my favourite show on telly. Another great episode, great kills and plenty of laughs.

Fantastic episode and gutted with the death, wasn't expecting that at all. Brilliant show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

SyFy renews 'Z Nation'
    SyFy has renewed Z Nation for a second season, EW has confirmed.

The renewal news has come in the midst of the show’s first season, which has achieved consistent, yet middling ratings since its series premiere. In spite of the non-Walking Dead numbers, SyFy is putting its weight behind the zombie drama.
    The show centers on a post-zombie apocalypse that has ravaged the United States, where a group is tasked with transporting the sole survivor of a zombie wound to a lab across the country so that his antibodies can create a vaccine to save humankind.

Proper order this renewal! The show is great! It always delivers and is very enjoyable indeed. Delighted we're getting more next year!

I'm happy about the renewal but at the same time, I'm not sure. I really enjoy it but it may be better as one season and done.
    They do seem to be going through all scenarios and could be out of ideas by the end of the season. Cannibals, safe haven, cult all done as well as other scenarios. But hope to be proven wrong.

• Advertisement

A Zunami :D

Well 10K has a type anyway.

And now we're seeing what was said last week about big herds moving from one end of the country to the other.

Interesting development on Murphy with him biting. Wonder if he has to bite or if could just be saliva or blood exchange.

Was wondering why Matt looked familiar. He was Joan's brother in Joan of Arcadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another good episode this week. Looks like Murphy is turning, but just really slowly. Not sure he is going to be the big cure that everyone thinks he will be (but the guy he bit last week didn't turn, so it's hard to know).

I think things are going to come to a head this season, so I don't know what they'll do for season 2.

Citizen Z is very annoying.

Mr E wrote: »
    Citizen Z is very annoying.

I still can't stop thinking of him as his character in Big Bang, the thespian that Sheldon hired to play his drug addled cousin, who was allegedly in need of an intervention, so Sheldon and Leonard could avoid going to Penny's singing performance in a musical (or something along those lines).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Not sure where they are going with the Citizen Z thing - this week's story was obvious and gave us nothing

Murphy seems to be able to transfer this immunity to others - provided he doesn't have to kill them first.

His comment about the herd needing a leader was interesting. His becoming very cold-hearted now - this interaction with the mother/child etc was disturbing

Yeah the mother/child thing was just terrible. I'm losing any warmth or affinity I had for this character. If he wasn't the great hope for humanity I'd love to see him get a bullet between the eyes. I wonder is he becoming a kind of cross race, part zombie, part human? He seemed to want to get out of there very quick though so I don't know really. The Citizen Z storyline this week was a bit meh but there isn't a heap they can do with that character I think.

I think it's good though that the show has a bit more to it's repertoire than killing zombies each week. The new Murphy angle is very interesting and, to be honest, I wasn't expecting anything deeper from the show so it's a good thing to see. I'm still a bit disturbed over his actions with the mother and child. It was very deeply wrong.

This is shaping up to be one of the best new shows for me really!

Murphy is getting a God complex I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

if he does have some influence over the Zombies then I think his God complex may have the rest of the human race at a severe disadvantage.

Wonder what would happen if he bit a zombie

• Advertisement

The latest instalment, for me was an awful annoying episode of television. Move on from this one quickly please.

Advertisement