Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advanced warfare pricing

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Did you have any trouble entering your phone no ? What format did you use .... 00353 xx x xxx x xx ??????

no problems at all. The prices came up in euros and i used my irish address.

for verification they text you a code, i used my irish no. without int access code (ie 086 1234567).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I did some price hunting yesterday

I wanted to get it in Supervalue for €50 but went to 3 stores and none of them had PS4 one.. 2 had xbox one copies..

I then went to Tesco and it was €59 or €59.99 can't remember ( Tallaght )

Went to GameStop and laughed my ass off at €74.99 - I took a photo of it.. strange looks from the staff but I didn't care.

I then went to Argos and got it for €58.99.

So as many have said before stay away from GameStop - robbing bleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

NeVeR wrote: »
    I did some price hunting yesterday

I wanted to get it in Supervalue for €50 but went to 3 stores and none of them had PS4 one.. 2 had xbox one copies..

I then went to Tesco and it was €59 or €59.99 can't remember ( Tallaght )

Went to GameStop and laughed my ass off at €74.99 - I took a photo of it.. strange looks from the staff but I didn't care.

I then went to Argos and got it for €58.99.

So as many have said before stay away from GameStop - robbing bleeps

Yeah but its the only way they will stay in business unfortunately. Irish people are notorious for buying stuff in the easiest place possible. In this case Gamestop instead of searching around.

There are so many different options. Download the digital version from the US PSN store = €48. Simplygames is £35, Amazon is £40 and a whole host of other online stores. They will all try and get the game to you on release also. Even if you have to wait an extra day you will save over €20 compared to Gamestop using one of these options.

And that goes for all releases not just COD. If more people did this it would force the like of Gamestop to compete.

I'd love to get stickers made up that say "Tesco / Argos / SuperValue all have this game for about €20 less" and go into Game Stop and stick it on all the game cases as quick as I can lol :D

They will sell some games as they are a "Game Shop" and most people wouldn't know any better.. and wouldn't know Tesco / Supervalue sold games... and would think that this €74.99 price was the norm...

Who wants to help me with the stickers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭smiffy2ky8

9fc2o6O.png

• Advertisement

I know Argos is not €62.99 - I got mine for €58.99 from them.

smiffy2ky8 wrote: »
    9fc2o6O.png

All ridiculous prices TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

serendipity!
    Not with them prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

As someone already said €48 from the US PS store. But wait a few weeks o till after xmas, Servers are very laggy atm so you should save your money till it works online properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

A question for those who bought it off US psn store. I take it you need a new account registered on the US store, so, can you still play online when you buy the game, or will you need to buy playstation+ again, on the US account? Also, whats the size of the file ?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    A question for those who bought it off US psn store. I take it you need a new account registered on the US store, so, can you still play online when you buy the game, or will you need to buy playstation+ again, on the US account? Also, whats the size of the file ?

Thanks.

You create a PSN account for the US region with US postal address (use a hotel). You can do this on the PS4.

You need to activate this account as your primary PS4 account through the settings.

Then you download stuff from the US PSN store through the US account and can play it with any other account.

Order US PSN credit from Amazon.com also using the same US postal address on your Amazon account.

Save yourself €28 compared to Xtravision or GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

Quick question, I'm in the Philippines and I bought a copy of AW here for the 360, the disc is NTSC, if i buy the season pass am i going to have problems since my xbox is from Ireland and my account says so too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Bought the PC version on cdkeys.com

nvy3af.jpg

Whats the story with this ?

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Bought the PC version on cdkeys.com
    Whats the story with this ?

i got that as well. it went away when i finished downloading the 2nd file, the multiplayer one. worked fine after that.

(well fine-ish, its playing in a small window and not fullscreen. i presume i need to change some setting , somewhere)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys, a mother in work is asking this question :

Console Xbox 360.
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero edition. whats the difference with this and the standard game? both are same price in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

kceire wrote: »

Console Xbox 360.
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero edition. whats the difference with this and the standard game? both are same price in Argos.

The day zero edition just comes with a couple of small extras

If the price of both is the same then I'd get the Day Zero one but I wouldn't pay extra for it otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

kceire wrote: »

Console Xbox 360.

The Day Zero Edition was released a day early to people who had pre-ordered the game and just has a few pieces of extra DLC that the standard edition doesn't have other than that they are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Day Zero just gives you 24hrs of double XP in online mode and a golden skin for two weapons in online mode. Nothing big really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone in Cork come across a cheap copy for the Xbox one???

Anyone know the trade in value (cash) in Gamestop?

You would get a better price in CEX I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Anyone know the trade in value (cash) in Gamestop?

€45 cash in cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Anyone know what/where is the cheapest you can get this for at the moment? Looking for a PS4 copy.

Anonymou wrote: »
    Anyone know what/where is the cheapest you can get this for at the moment? Looking for a PS4 copy.

amazon €41

Advertisement