Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome New Members/Old Members - Introduce yourself here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

I'm shy 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Limofarmer wrote: »
    I'm shy 😎

:rolleyes: do ya hear tis lad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Judging by his post count.....eh March 2019. I shall be waiting Limofarmer :p

Can ya not bend the rules for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

tanko wrote: »
    Can ya not bend the rules for him?

Lol, don't have any form of rulebook I'm afraid. Join in our chat on the chit chat for a few nights and you'll soon be over it.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Lol, don't have any form of rulebook I'm afraid. Join in our chat on the chit chat for a few nights and you'll soon be over it.

One night if it's a Saturday night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

South kerry lad. Early 30's working full time off farm. Suckler to weanling herd, sheep and dable in abit of ped charolais. Love the farming hate the FT job.
    Took over the farm this year after the auld fella passed away. Tis'nt as easy as he made it look.he was the brains of the operation. Steep learning curve for me but keeping the head above water while trying to improve things and make the place a bit more efficient.
    FT job Young family fragmented farm and a demanding woman, life is good! !!!!!!!!!

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    South kerry lad. Early 30's working full time off farm. Suckler to weanling herd, sheep and dable in abit of ped charolais. Love the farming hate the FT job.
    Took over the farm this year after the auld fella passed away. Tis'nt as easy as he made it look.he was the brains of the operation. Steep learning curve for me but keeping the head above water while trying to improve things and make the place a bit more efficient.
    FT job Young family fragmented farm and a demanding woman, life is good! !!!!!!!!!

P.S. Up the Kingdom

P.S. Up the Kingdom

You WERE going well till that outburst ;)

Reggie. wrote: »
    You WERE going well till that outburst ;)

Ah sure, Even the savage loves his native shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ah sure, Even the savage loves his native shore.

Welcome Titanium:D I spennd a lot of time on the Uncles dairy farm in nth Kerry so Ill be cheering for ye in the final now:D after the dubs fecked up their chances in the tragic semi:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Kerry man, mid thirties, married with one small boy. I work full time in the food industry and keep a few sucklers. My stock are either ped limousine, ped Charolais, or lim x Charolais, selling all stock as weaklings and the very occasional bull for breeding. I don't show any cattle, but I do some A.i to keep improving the breed, while promising that I will go into showing in the future. (Wishful thinking most likely:rolleyes: )
    The farming side of my life has taken numerous setbacks over the past few years due to the increased workload due to my father passing away suddenly, financial pressure from making intra family settlements, getting married, building a house, horrendous weather in 2012, some ridiculously bad luck with livestock in 2011/2012 and a much more demanding career path. Hopefully getting out the other side now, but I reckon it'll be 2018 before everything is back where I want it. The above also explains why I rarely post here nowadays and why I only recognise a handful of the active posters :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Hello everyone,

Part time suckler to finished beef farmer in south Galway. Full time working in IT to pay for the pleasure of farming. Taken the reins of power this year and it has been a challenge but no complaints. Great forum but can be frustrating at times, hence not my first time here :-) Mid 30's with 1 sprog and another bun in the oven. As a friend said to me, "they're easy stock to get inta"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Hello everyone,

Part time suckler to finished beef farmer in south Galway. Full time working in IT to pay for the pleasure of farming. Taken the reins of power this year and it has been a challenge but no complaints. Great forum but can be frustrating at times, hence not my first time here :-) Mid 30's with 1 sprog and another bun in the oven. As a friend said to me, "they're easy stock to get inta"

Now you have us all guessing ;). Welcome back who ever you are

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Moy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Roundbale

Damo810 wrote: »
    Moy?

No, that lad was north Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Damo810 wrote: »
    Moy?

Afraid not.

Afraid not.

What about hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What about hugh
    hugh who?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Hefner

whelan2 wrote: »
    hugh who?

Hugh29 or did he change to hugh2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Hugh29 or did he change to hugh2
    hugo29 is back a good while, are you getting conflustered in your old age:D

Ah just throwing names out there to hell. I'm still tired from the "holiday"

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

I think that Hugo29 lad taught he was hugh hefner:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Greetings. West Cork here. 40s. Single (not changing anytime soon!). Inherited farm and suckler herd back in the 90s. Learning as i go. Not born into farming reared in town. Electrician by trade but not in the business now. Sucking in the heart of intensive dairy country. Running 30-40 cows with all cattle finished for factory. Do my own building welding machinery repairs etc. Do a bit with contractor from time to time. Plagued with calls from people to fix or do things for them.
    I have as I call a healthy distrust of all agri related businesses, be they co-ops milk processors meat factories supermarkets bord bia teagasc etc.
    After 20 odd years at this crack would love to take a break from the cattle. Especially now seeing as factories are acting the maggot and moving the goalposts again. Would like to go at tillage(probably mad) or take a year off travel around and just take it easy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Much as I appreciate the fun of the guessing games, if people re-reg we have to respect their reasons for doing so.

If we try to guess who they may have been as it diverts this thread. If they want us to know, they will eventually.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

At this stage for one reason or another I don't think there is any poster with their original name!

just do it wrote: »
    At this stage for one reason or another I don't think there is any poster with their original name!

I was just thinking I might re-register as DepartmentVet for the craic :D

(seeing as Adonis is taken)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

try 'coveney' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

(seeing as Adonis is taken)

To follow you're logic......
    Department vets = Adonis Hmmm!

• Advertisement

Dawggone wrote: »
    To follow you're logic......
    Department vets = Adonis Hmmm!

Maybe i should go for FoxyDepartmentVet ;)

Advertisement