Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bore-Tech Rod & Accessories (.22 - 6mm/6.5mm)

Options
  • 27-07-2014 8:35pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As i no longer have the .243 or the 6.5 i have no use for my Bore-Tech rod and accessories for this. The rod was used only 3 times, but is in as new condition. The accessories are all new bar the two mops which have been used once, but are still in perfectly usable condition.

I always try and use Bore-tech when i can. The rods are second to none. They come in all lengths and have a protective coating on the shaft to prevent damage to the rifle when cleaning. The handle is the best in terms of bearing. It provides no resistance meaning the jag, brush, patch or mop can spin freely with the twist of the rifle barrel ensuring a thorough and consistent clean.

It is 55 inches long with the shaft 50 inches. This ensures it can easily go through any rifle and in most cases without the handle having to ride up on the stock of the rifle. This means no chance of damage to your stock.

The accessories are all top quality. They include:
    • Bore-Tech Proof Positive jag. This means you never get a false copper reading because off the jag.
    • Bore-Tech 3pk of Nylon brushes. I prefer nylon as it's effective, but not as abrasive as the brass brushes.
    • 3 pk of brass brushes. In case you prefer them.
    • 2 mops. One for .22 and another for 6mm/6.5 mm.

The total cost off these items from Riflecraft in the UK (nearest supplier) are:
    • Rod - £75 (€95), currently reduced to £63 (€80)
    • Jag - £8 (€10), currently reduced to £6.44 (€8)
    • Nylon Brushes - £2.44 ea. (€3 ea. or €9 for 3)
    • Brass brushes - £2.83 ea (€3.50 ea. or €10.50 for 3)
    • Mops - £2 ea. (€2.50 ea or €5 for 2)

So total price of all items new would cost you - €129.50 or sale price of €112.50.

I'm looking for €75. Postage is not really an option due to the length of the rod, but if someone is interested we can work out a deal on postage. I can also meet up within Portlaoise to Roscrea area.

I am not splitting this items. It's all off them together.

Prices are cheaper in the states, where i got mine, but with shipping charges on the rod being so high due to the length of it, and the taxes/duties, it worked out only slightly cheaper than the UK. About the same as the current sale prices on Riflecraft's website.

Thanks for looking.

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15234

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15235

picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=15236
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement