Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the most depressing looking town in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Anyone else reading through the thread to make sure nobody mentions your town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Kildare town is fierce depressing. It's one of those places you where you feel a huge sense of relieve when you're leaving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

nocoverart wrote: »
    That long ass post (and the quoted post) took me longer to get through than the bottleneck kip that is Athy in rush hour.

Don't think there was any need to read the quoted part!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Templemore is the most draining dreary horrible kip of a place I've ever had the misfortune to visit. Never again! !

Shannon is a close second. Awful grey miserable place.

Honorable mentions go to Mohill (Leitrim), Bundoran (Donegal), Riverstown (Sligo), Newtownforbes (Longford), Ballina (Mayo) ...

Basically I hate most places!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 marcusgunn

gort

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Passed through some town in Co. Galway last year and it was just miserable. Not a single redeeming quality that I remember.

I bet it was raining too. Feckin $hoite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Newry

Navan

Balbriggan

Ballaghadreen

Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

In no particular order. Milltown Killorglin and Castlemaine in Kerry. Macroom Mallow and Charleville in Cork. All ****holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Nobody mentioned Enniscorthy yet .Somebody mentioned Rosslare which at least is by a beautiful beach .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Not the republic but Portadown is the worst place on this island.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

What was sh!tboxy abut Waterford exactly and how many people from Waterford did you actually meet?

The only good thing from Waterford is the road out! It is a depressing kip of a town with rotten and decaying buildings and derelict sites all over the centre spreading outwards. Generally the people are fine except for when they go on about floury baps. but I couldn't fully trust someone who would defend such a run down dingy town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It's clear to me, having scanned this thread, that not one of you has been through or in the 7th ring of hell that is mountmellick.
    I heard after the Peru special olympics team stayed there that they donated a dentist to them.

Don't you mean the Mountmellick-Mountrath-Stradbally triangle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Jawgap wrote: »
    Newry

Navan

Balbriggan

Ballaghadreen

Letterkenny

I like newry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

siblers wrote: »
    Castleisland, absolute ****hole.

I worked in this town for years. ... I'll never get that time back , but thankfully I got made redundant and moved on , but my new job sent me back there for 2 days last week after being away from there in years and I was surprised to say, .... Yep it's still a dump of horseshyte .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

efb wrote: »
    Ballyfermot Christ it was grim

Since when did ballyfermot become a town ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Lurgan NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I found longford pretty depressing,it's like a big cloud hanging over the place.like it has no heart no atmosphere ,IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Longford has a few.

Ballymahon, Edgewordstown and Granard.

3 absolute ****pits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Starting with Waterford an awful sh1tbox of a place and the people are as bad as the blaaaa. Moving on to clonmel via Carrick on sewer and further to cahir and tipp town and finishing the journey of misery in the daddy of gloom limerick.

Agree with Carrick on suit and Tipp town but, Waterford, Limerick and cahir are fine places, no worse than anywhere else

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

[...] or Clara.

*shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Common grim drab denominator in these towns is LACK OF TREES. Plant some trees for F's sake people. Housing estates suffer exactly the same austere grimness when the residents couldn't be ars#ed planting some foliage.

PLANT SOME Bloody trees people.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

tastyt wrote: »
    Rosegreen yes but thurles isn't the worst in fairness

Thurles is so run down and tired looking, Its stuck in a time warp. The Tesco in Thurles is manky and badly needs to be done up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Thurles is so run down and tired looking, Its stuck in a time warp. The Tesco in Thurles is manky and badly needs to be done up.

Abbeyfeale Co. Limerick.

Gives me the hee-bee gee-bies.

Red kneck county.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The only good thing from Waterford is the road out! It is a depressing kip of a town with rotten and decaying buildings and derelict sites all over the centre spreading outwards. Generally the people are fine except for when they go on about floury baps. but I couldn't fully trust someone who would defend such a run down dingy town.

It's a city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Balbriggan. Mankiest kip I've ever set foot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Castledermot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Most towns in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

castlerea county roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ballinrobe, co. Mayo.

There isn't anyone below the age of 40 left in the town.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Clonmellon Co Westmeath.
    Moate Co Westmeath

Advertisement