Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ali Express cycling equipment

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

logik wrote: »
    I expect my order this week. It was only 12 dollars for DHL post from China and delivery is within 3-7 days so that suits me perfect. I purchased a few different kits so I didnt want to be relying on them all reaching me in 4 weeks.

I think 12 dollars is very good value.

Which shop did you go with?
    I've not seen any sellers offer such a good price for DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

mathie wrote: »
    Which shop did you go with?
    I've not seen any sellers offer such a good price for DHL

I went with the seller "addy zhang".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

What's a winter set? Sorry, newbie question! Just wondering what on their site I should be looking at for re winter stuff.
    Long sleeves and long legs, little extra wind protection.
    The stuff listed as winter has thicker material and fleecy lining. If its listed as just long sleeve and tights then its standard material same as the short stuff.

I went with the seller "addy zhang".

This guy?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/619107.html

Did you clean him out?
    :)

mathie wrote: »

Sorry, for some reason the user was addy zhang but the shop were it all comes from is.

Baiky Cycling Clothing

Give that a search :)

EDIT: just checked my order on the website and it was 12 euros not dollars for DHL delivery from Mainland China. 16.87 dollars for 3 kits. Still 12 euro is great value from China when I can track my items and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Who did you order from Logik? I was just browsing there and dhl was over a hundred euro with whatever seller I was looking at. I'd be inclined to pay 12 quid too and get the stuff asap

Hi,

I ordered with Baiky Cycling Clothing on Ali Express. 3-8 day delivery once the item is shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

I went with the Monton cycling shop for my Saxo gear paid $17 for shipping with EMS?? Had the gear within about a week of ordering... I've added them as favourite sellers and won't hesitate using them again...
    (Partly due to the fact that I cannot search for the Baiky crowd mentioned above)

BohToffee wrote: »
    I went with the Monton cycling shop for my Saxo gear paid $17 for shipping with EMS?? Had the gear within about a week of ordering... I've added them as favourite sellers and won't hesitate using them again...
    (Partly due to the fact that I cannot search for the Baiky crowd mentioned above)

Link to shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

BohToffee wrote: »

Is this the shop? http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1360611

It's called bicycling-monton though not Monton cycling.

Edit: And then there's http://www.aliexpress.com/store/133967 which is called cycling monton online shop!!

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The fact that the store has made a new account would ring serious alarm bells for me.

edit:
    Also, their feedback is clearly done by themselves. Look at the times, comments etc. All the same.

The store might be perfect to deal with, i just wouldn't use them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

RossieMan wrote: »

Isn't that why Ali Express don't release the cash to the shop until you confirm everything is hunky dory and if it's not you simply raise a dispute, state your case and get your money back. That's supposed to be the cornerstone of how AliExpress works and how it gains the confidence of western buyers.

Am I missing something? Do AliExpress not deliver on that promise?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

Store number 705283, Monton cycling online shop...
    Sorry cannot attach a link as I use the iphone app..

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

The fact that the store has made a new account would ring serious alarm bells for me.

edit:
    Also, their feedback is clearly done by themselves. Look at the times, comments etc. All the same.

Feedback received from buyers looks legit, can't see anything wrong with it.

The feedback left for buyers is all the same, as you'd expect from one of these shops.

EMS shipping is $14 for one kit from that shop.
    The kit is $29.80

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

3102derek wrote: »
    Feedback received from buyers looks legit, can't see anything wrong with it.

The feedback left for buyers is all the same, as you'd expect from one of these shops.

Have a look at the times of feedback. Dead give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

edit:

I've used Monton roughly 7 or 8 times over the last few years, they're always changing their website name which I suspect is more to do with avoiding copyright issues than anything else however their products are excellent value for money and if you go to the full website they have an absolutely huge range of cycle clothing and accessories. I wouldn't buy a jersey from anywhere else to be honest.

http://www.monton-cycling.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

BenThere wrote: »
    Isn't that why Ali Express don't release the cash to the shop until you confirm everything is hunky dory and if it's not you simply raise a dispute, state your case and get your money back. That's supposed to be the cornerstone of how AliExpress works and how it gains the confidence of western buyers.

Am I missing something? Do AliExpress not deliver on that promise?

Ben

Yes they do, i received a jersey in the wrong size only this morning, I raised a dispute, asked for a refund and said I wasnt willing to return the item at my expense. 5 hours later I had an email saying seller has agreed to this and a refund will be issued. This obviously has to be agreed by the seller, but they also want to preserve their reputation. I have more confidence buying from aliexpress than i would from ebay. No hidden charges, ridiculous dispute procedures etc.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We've been discussing this thread with the office. Bottom line is we/the site do not/does not wish to facilitate discussion of how to get hold of fake/counterfeit goods. While we appreciate everyone understands that in this case the gear is counterfeit, and can make their own judgement on what they wish to buy, we also have a wider concern about the possibility of posters discussing how to get hold of counterfeit bikes and components, where there may be serious safety concerns. For these reasons I'm closing this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement