Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FOX 12: Lawler vs. Brown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Who knows where he'll go every takedown successful would cause problems for some guys for sure, he won't be fighting Comier again anytime soon though. 2 judges scored 30-25 & 30-24 on their score cards the other played it safe with 30-27 me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Who knows where he'll go every takedown successful would cause problems for some guys for sure, he won't be fighting Comier again anytime soon though. 2 judges scored 30-25 & 30-24 on their score cards the other played it safe with 30-27 me thinks.

Although it was total domination the 30-24 and 30-25 were a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Very enjoyable fight. Cruickshank just couldn't capitalise on a very decent first round. Showed great resistance to escape a very tight looking d'arce choke in the second.

All fighters fighting out of the blue corner have won tonight.

That_Guy wrote: »
    All fighters fighting out of the blue corner have won tonight.

If I was superstitious id be right onto paddy powers!

Hopefully main card is better...it has to be!! Prelims been very lacklustre, decisions afrer decisions

• Advertisement

McGregor #10
    Guida # 7
    Bermudez #12

Could be some very interesting fights in the featherweight division over the next few months.

McGregor #10
    Guida # 7
    Bermudez #12

Could be some very interesting fights in the featherweight division over the next few months.

Guida or Bermudez if victorious Lamas maybe?

Bobby havin' great craic in there.

Guida or Bermudez if victorious Lamas maybe?

Might depend on what happens with McGregor/Poirier in September.

Green shaking his head every time Thompson throws anything is pissing me off.

• Advertisement

Terrable fight, green did more talking than fighting and josh ran like a punk...excuse the pun

Yep it was a case of whoever lost only had themself to blame.

Odd fight overall. Not entirely sure if I enjoyed it tbh. Green's antics wanted me to see him get knocked out.

Odd fight overall. Not entirely sure if I enjoyed it tbh. Green's antics wanted me to see him get knocked out.

Same, but thomson showed no aggression whatsoever so Im happy with the decision

McGregor #10
    Guida # 7
    Bermudez #12

Guida would lay on conor for 3 rounds resulting in the short lived interest of the casuals in mma in ireland. I can just imagine everyone saying....**** this boring wrestling bollox''

Might depend on what happens with McGregor/Poirier in September.

Unlikely guys will sit on the fence though all those guys in or around are hardly gonna want to take long lay-offs. Almost all are ready to fight think all but Mendes have fought this year the movement in the division with him not getting his title shot must be killing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Guida in trouble already. Some serious fighters in the division.

Unlikely guys will sit on the fence though all those guys in or around are hardly gonna want to take long lay-offs. Almost all are ready to fight think all but Mendes have fought this year the movement in the division with him not getting his title shot must be killing him.

I think Dana was saying that the injury to Aldo would see him sidelined for 6 weeks so that fight with him and Mendes will probably take place later in the year if the recovery all goes well.

Lovely finish from Bermudez. All over Guida before then. 10-0 for fighters in the blue corner now. :D

That has to push Bermudez into the top 10 ???

• Advertisement

Kingsbury retired.

From his Twitter page.
    In my run it felt like peaks and valleys but in the end I am completely grateful for it all- every beating I delt out & every beating I took

Think he would have been cut anyway.

Lovely finish from Bermudez. All over Guida before then. 10-0 for fighters in the blue corner now. :D

Has a bonus in the bag too I'd imagine barring the next 2 fights, Guida won't be in the mix for Conor should he beat Dustin anyway.

Has a bonus in the bag too I'd imagine barring the next 2 fights, Guida won't be in the mix for Conor should he beat Dustin anyway.

I'm amazed that Bermudez wasn't even in the top 10 before this fight to be honest. 7 win streak (2nd only to Aldo).

Wonder where'll he end up in the rankings. Wouldn't surprise me if Guida and himself swapped positions.

nmg_ire wrote: »
    That has to push Bermudez into the top 10 ???

Has to
    Kingsbury retired.

Also the guy who lost first fight which I missed Steven Siler even though event not over he's been cut 4th loss in a row.

Bermudez will move into the top 10 after that result. How far will guida drop? So many guys in there looking for the top fights. Be interesting to see who Bermudez gets next

Bermudez will move into the top 10 after that result. How far will guida drop? So many guys in there looking for the top fights. Be interesting to see who Bermudez gets next

I thought Lamas before fight, I'll stick with that as surely Edgar v Swanson has to happen!!

A fight between himself and Korean zombie would be an interesting encounter.

Kingsbury retired.

From his Twitter page.

Thank heavens

I thought Lamas before fight, I'll stick with that as surely Edgar v Swanson has to happen!!

Sounds good to me. I can see dennis defending the td and lighting lamas up on the feet, a bit like the guida fight

• Advertisement

Is anybody giving little Nog a chance? Just can't see anything but Johnson destroying him tbh.

Advertisement