Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Commonwealth Games Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the Games in the end. I found day 1 with all the 100m heats never ending and the standard a bit dissapointing but as the week went on it got better and better.

Highlights for me were

Jo Pavey in the womens 5k. I thought when she was passed with 500 to go it was over but she dug in, never gave up and got a well deserved bronze medal. I was a bit disappointed to see Steph Twell being lapped, her broken ankle has really set her back, but hopefully she will get back to her best.

Nijel Amos in the men's 800, even if I did want Rudisha to win, the finishing speed from Amos was brilliant to see. I kinda knew for the opeing 400 that Rudisha wasn't going to get gold.

Eunice Sum in the womens 800, she was going to win that race no matter what way it was run, it was great to see Scotland and Lyndsey Sharp get the silver. She gave a great interview on the BBC afterwards.

The men's 10k, absoutely brilliant finish. I though for a while a white guy was going to win but the Africans were having none of it. Brilliant finish from Kipsiro. I had expected a bit more from Paul Pollock, hopefully he runs well in Zurich.

The men's 5k, another exciting race. I though Nick Willis was going to challenge the Kenyans but after the fall he lost contact and seemed to hold back. Ndiku is a real character, not so sure of the gold hair. It was great to see Zane Robertson get on the podium, the twins deserve all the success they achieve.

I wonder how Mo Farah would have got on here? I don't see him have any challengers in Zurich. I was a bit disappointed with the tactics Nick Willis used in the 1500, again I felt he could have got gold but had left himself with way to much to do.

I think Team GB should have a good Europeans, they seem to have got a strong crop of sprinters coming through and seem to be able to get the baton round in the relay now.

I really think the Beeb need to let Colin Jackson go, he talks so much Sh1te, he really is the weak link in a pretty strong team. It looks like Jonathan Edwards has been pushed aside. Roll on the Europeans

Advertisement