Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothers bringing boys into the ladies toilets

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

whupdedo wrote: »
    I seldom use them, but in motorway service stations the toilets can be rank enough, so if I get the opportunity ill use them, i don't think I'm more important that anyone else, but is a disabled person more important than me?, iff the toilet is available ill use it, I've never been met outside the door of 1 with a disapproving look from somebody in a wheelchair either
    In this case, yes, many can ONLY use the disabled toilet , not the others. You can use the others, they can't.

And not all disabled people use wheelchairs, by the way, but do please continue to try and justify your self-importance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

In this case, yes, many can ONLY use the disabled toilet , not the others. You can use the others, they can't.

And not all disabled people use wheelchairs, by the way, but do please continue to try and justify your self-importance.

But as I said. what would happen if some other disabled person was in the toilet, woe betide somebody with a disability should wait, you want all the facilities, but take care would anybody make you wait to use them

I'm well aware people with disabilities aren't always in wheelchairs, my self importance is about average, whereas yours is clearly off the scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

It's a totally different scenario. The ladies toilets are private with seperate cubicles, the most you're likely to see is a woman washing her hands.

And yet.... it's the exposure in the men's bathroom...so it's ok to expose ten year old boys to them but not girls?

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Das Kitty wrote: »
    He's more comfortable going to the gents himself. In my experience a four year old doesn't give a fig which one.

Mmm, we'll you havn't experienced my 4 year old.
    But in saying that I was on the way to the mens with her (as I'm used to going to the gents myself too) and she said that she wanted to use the ladies. Honestly I didn;t give it a seconds thought (maybe a millisecond about discommoding some lady of a nervous disposition) and hey, i've been around the world where people defficate in the streets and just carry on... so on the grand scale of things if she wants to go then she wants to go, both toilets had cubicles regardless and if she went into the mens anyhow all she would have seen is maybe someones back if they were using a urinal.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

diveout wrote: »
    And yet.... it's the exposure in the men's bathroom...so it's ok to expose ten year old boys to them but not girls?

Why?

Probably because 10 year old boys have a penis of their own, but, some little girls may never have seen one, I don't know but, that is a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I seldom use them, but in motorway service stations the toilets can be rank enough, so if I get the opportunity ill use them, i don't think I'm more important that anyone else, but is a disabled person more important than me?, iff the toilet is available ill use it, I've never been met outside the door of 1 with a disapproving look from somebody in a wheelchair either

Your attitude of self-entitlement is truly breath-taking.

Probably because 10 year old boys have a penis of their own, but, some little girls may never have seen one, I don't know but, that is a guess.

And?

Seriously,if you expose yourself to a child regardless of gender, that will get you in trouble.

This whole issue is much ado about nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

In my 28 years I've never seen a penis in a public toilet.

Bar my own, naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Bar my own, naturally.

It might be time for you to start using the Men's toilets now. ..

Bar my own, naturally.

maybe the impression some ladies have of what goes on in the mens is something like this...(metaphalically speaking that is):
    search?q=lightsaber+fight&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OCTSU-jrF6Hm7AbXiYDoDw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#i=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

This thread is both funny and pathetic. A 10 year old should need no assistance (unless disabled) going to the loo.

Some of the scenarios posted are hilarious and creepy. To the lady sussing out men going in/out of the gents, you need to cop on and get a life. I would be very p!ssed off if i seen someone eyeing up every male going into the male toilets, scoring his pervyness on her weirdometer.

If a man brings his young daughter into the ladies, it's no big deal. At worst, he has to listen to some auldwan farting on the loo. The private stuff is behind a closed door.

If a lady brings her son into the gents, it is a big deal. I might have my jiggly bit in my hand at the time and I think it would be inappropriate for a lady to enter the gents loo, because we have urinals, that we use more often than cubicles.

I think using the disabled loo as an able bodied person is very inconsiderate, but i do think that baby changing facilities should be separate, or in the disabled toilets, rather than just in the ladies, which is very sexist and can be most inconvenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I was in a shopping centre yesterday and went to go to the loo. The disabled ones nearby had the disabled sign on the door along with another sign for baby changing facilities...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I was in a shopping centre yesterday and went to go to the loo. The disabled ones nearby had the disabled sign on the door along with another sign for baby changing facilities...

Well technically, babies can't walk and so could be considered disabled :D

If anything having kids running around the place would be more likely to make me feel uncomfortable when I'm stood there with my lad in my hand. :eek:

Why? They certainly wont give a toss - or likely even notice. Why would it bother you if it would not bother them?

I really am not seeing a difference here between a woman bringing her son into her one - and a man bringing his daugther into his one. My daugther is nearly 4. Shes comes in with me all the time when she needs to.

And the relevance of this is......... forthcoming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Media has a lot to answer for. For the sake of lurid headlines (and therefore profits) they're fvcking with the heads of a whole generation of parents and ultimately their kids, too. This thread really paints a sorry picture of where our society is heading, cos lets face it this is only going to get worse.

Why? They certainly wont give a toss - or likely even notice. Why would it bother you if it would not bother them?

Perhaps I'm a lunatic.

goz83 wrote: »
    This thread is both funny and pathetic. A 10 year old should need no assistance (unless disabled) going to the loo.

Some of the scenarios posted are hilarious and creepy. To the lady sussing out men going in/out of the gents, you need to cop on and get a life. I would be very p!ssed off if i seen someone eyeing up every male going into the male toilets, scoring his pervyness on her weirdometer.

If a man brings his young daughter into the ladies, it's no big deal. At worst, he has to listen to some auldwan farting on the loo. The private stuff is behind a closed door.

If a lady brings her son into the gents, it is a big deal. I might have my jiggly bit in my hand at the time and I think it would beinappropriate for a lady to enter the gents loo, because we have urinals, that we use more often than cubicles.

I think using the disabled loo as an able bodied person is very inconsiderate, but i do think that baby changing facilities should be separate, or in the disabled toilets, rather than just in the ladies, which is very sexist and can be most inconvenient.

Jeez man your jiggly bits should be pointing in one direction only, then when you finish you do a twink on it . It sounds like when you go for a whizz in the jax your flashing it all round the place...remember .. one direction for the point!

Moralising about 10 being too old is a waste of time as you just have to accept that all families are different. You might be surprised to find out how late you were developing some skills yerself if you were to ask yer ma...(obviously you werent taught how to aim properly yet with yer jiggly bits all over the shop... that 10 year probably has more focus than yourself).

As regards baby changing facilities, lets face it folks we're not in the utopian nordic countries, this is sexist stingy Ireland..as Dave McSavage would put it "whaa? baby changin facilities in the mens jacks, what do you think we are? quaaaares?"

As I press Unfollow to flush this away
    this is all I've left to say,
    Be it mens or ladies (disabled... maybe no),
    If you gotta go...
    ...you just gotta go.

Perhaps I'm a lunatic.

Perhaps :P. But it is difficult to diagnose when we only have your conclusions - not the reasoning that led to them :P.

As for me I think the OP actually has all the information required. The child itself is expressing discomfort at this. What more do you need to know as a signal that this child is ready to proceed to the next levels of training in life?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Armelodie wrote: »
    Jeez man your jiggly bits should be pointing in one direction only, then when you finish you do a twink on it . It sounds like when you go for a whizz in the jax your flashing it all round the place...remember .. one direction for the point!

Well, I didn't wanna be braggin! :P

But seriously, I would personally have no issue with a lady entering them gents loo with her child (in fact, i would feel sorry for her considering the stink in some of them). But, I know plenty of men would. Stage fright and all that :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes but that doesn't sit well with all the morons who think theirs a paedophile around every corner and over protective mothers who see every man as a potential child rapist, are they expecting men to be walking around with erections waiting for the opportunity to pounce on little Johnny while he uses the urinal in dunnes for the first time, these people need to get a grip

The "pedo around the corner" mindset is very annoying, if these people look at the stats they'd see in the majority of cases its a person the child knows...a father, uncle, mother, sibling, priest, teacher etc.

Yes sometimes it can be strangers, but its much more likely to be somebody the kid already knows. Why? Because kids have cop on enough to walk away from strangers.....they always have!

Mothers/fathers that want to follow their 10 year olds around like this give their kids not credit, if you protect a child on this level they will never learn the life skills they need.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The men use urinals wheras women do their business in cubicles.

Yeah but unless you're standing right beside them I'd imagine you won't see anything unless you really really try look. In all the years I've used men's toilets I've never seen a penis visible.

Just because men use urinals doesn't mean they walk around with their pants down or something. 99.9% of men zip up while still facing the wall.

There is nothing to see.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Cabaal wrote: »
    The "pedo around the corner" mindset is very annoying, if these people look at the stats they'd see in the majority of cases its a person the child knows...a father, uncle, mother, sibling, priest, teacher etc..
    Indeed. The sad reality of it is: a child walking into a toilet is most likely going to be abused by the guardian walking in with them and not a stranger in there. :o

...and that the wrong emoticon if there ever was one.

Zulu wrote: »
    Indeed. The sad reality of it is: a child walking into a toilet is most likely going to be abused by the guardian walking in with them and not a stranger in there. :o

Don't know. A girl I went to school with was raped in the school girls bathroom , in the middle of the day, when she took a break from class to go to the bathroom.

We were at that very popular Lolita pre pubescent stage.

A strange man managed to get into the school and hid in the girls bathroom.

Don't know. A girl I went to school with....
    I'm only saying how the stats play out.
    Girls getting raped by strangers in school toilets is a very infrequent event. Sadly getting raped by a family member in the home is far more frequent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Zulu wrote: »
    I'm only saying how the stats play out.
    Girls getting raped by strangers in school toilets is a very infrequent event. Sadly getting raped by a family member in the home is far more frequent.

Absolutely. But that underlines more the capacity for people's denial when there is trust built [family, friends and authority] and no denial when it comes to strangers in bathrooms.

Thing is about the stats- are those American by any chance? They would consider any exposure of a genital area to a child a sex offence. And that would include public urination where a child was 400 yards or less from you, even if the child didn't see you.

And no doubt all of getting your boobs grabbed in school or bra snapping around pubescence would also count as a sex offence. There are contexts to those stats that I wonder about.

Absolutely. But that underlines more the capacity for people's denial when there is trust built [family, friends and authority] and no denial when it comes to strangers in bathrooms.

Thing is about the stats- are those American by any chance? They would consider any exposure of a genital area to a child a sex offence. And that would include public urination where a child was 400 yards or less from you, even if the child didn't see you.

And no doubt all of getting your boobs grabbed in school or bra snapping around pubescence would also count as a sex offence. There are contexts to those stats that I wonder about.

They're stats from a rape crisis center. I highly doubt they're trivialising the issue by including stats on bra snapping.

Advertisement