Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Nibali Stage 16 – July 22nd, Carcassone - Bagneres de L **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

just tunred on. looks like their fairly going hell for leather. like to see rogers pull this one off

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭cityman 18

Just saw Nico near Richie Porte about 16 mins back.

and they were complaining about the fans in yorkshire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

fair play to Pinot, really putting the pressure on Bardet today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rodriguez
    Pretty bad form of Peraud to ride away from Bardet I think, he's going to lose a tonne of time. Good on Pinot though, onto the podium as it stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,110 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Pretty bad form of Peraud to ride away from Bardet I think, he's going to lose a tonne of time. Good on Pinot though, onto the podium as it stands.

AG2R seem to be going for the team classification so would want to keep as many people as far up the road as possible

Given Perauds overall spot it's hard to blame him for hanging on, just as it seemed AG2R were a team with a plan!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rodriguez
    :D Valverde's in a spot of bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Ha, Serpa being a bollix :D

First the "Colombian Mountain Goats" and now Sherpas taking over cycling.

Surely their high altitude upbringing in the Himalayas puts them at an unfair advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

SomeFool wrote: »
    Given Perauds overall spot it's hard to blame him for hanging on, just as it seemed AG2R were a team with a plan!

Peraud...........Bardet
    Gadret...........Roche

• Advertisement

Rodriguez
    Pinot looks absolutely fantastic today, so impressed

lining up for a good finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Visconti
    I think we have a winner already.

this might be the first time I ever won a bet on an actual stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Kwiatkowski
    Awesome turn of pace at the 4KM to go by Rodgers. Stunning victory, how did he keep all that energy stored up after the climb I don't know!

Today has split the field somewhat. Great stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Delighted for Mick.

IP freely wrote: »
    Awesome turn of pace at the 4KM to go by Rodgers. Stunning victory, how did he keep all that energy stored up after the climb I don't know!

Today has split the field somewhat. Great stage.

3 time world TT champion and an excellent descender!

Visconti
    That car that blocked Nibali was some tit. What was going on there? :confused:

fcuk off valverde

Cavendish on itv

• Advertisement

Visconti
    hrP39zf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Movistar should have brought Quintana to the Tour IMO

And Pinoit was very good today....love him as a rider ....He can attack and he is not even built like a pure climber...He has class and now he even has confidence ....Saying he will attack Valverde & nibali tomorrow ....way to go
    Love to see him put time into Valverde

Konig had a great ride today ......pity he lost so much time in first 10 days

Surprised Agr2 didn't wait and pace Bardet........better to fight for podium IMO

MPFG wrote: »
    Movistar should have brought Quintana to the Tour IMO

And Pinoit was very good today....love him as a rider ....He can attack and he is not even built like a pure climber...He has class and now he even has confidence ....Saying he will attack Valverde & nibali tomorrow ....way to go
    Love to see him put time into Valverde

Konig had a great ride today ......pity he lost so much time in first 10 days

Surprised Agr2 didn't wait and pace Bardet........better to fight for podium IMO
    Is Peraud not a better TTer then Bardet?

From what I remember Pinot isn't a great TTer either.

Peraud will be pushing for a Podium spot himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

Majka
    DDC1990 wrote: »
    Delighted for Mick.

Why? Strange you are supporting him so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Yeah, Pinot looking strong! Nibali looked in trouble trying to follow him, though they were close to the top of the climb at that stage. Could be a good bet for a stage win in the next couple of days.

Whatever the case, we're looking at huge time gaps between the overall GC contenders when they reach Paris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Is Peraud not a better TTer then Bardet?

From what I remember Pinot isn't a great TTer either.

Peraud will be pushing for a Podium spot himself.

Peraud had a lot to make up to get Podium .....while Badet also not bad at TT

But Ag2R always keep all their options open as per usual....never commit behind one rider...could have helped Bardet & still have 2 in top 5 and still fight for white jersey ...Its just my view on how to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mruser2014 wrote: »

How is it strange? He seem a likeable guy and just won an epic of a stage. He won on the zoncolan and Roche rides for his team. Seems pretty logical to be happy for him.

Hats off to Kiryenka(sp?) today, master of riding at his own pace.

mruser2014 wrote: »
    ???

Literally the first positive thing I have said about Rodgers all tour.

The last comment I made about him was him and Kwia screwing Sagan over a few stages ago by not helping close the Gap on Gallopin.

But seeing as you ask so nicely, I like Rodgers because he's an Aussie. I like him because he's riding for TCS a team that I like despite Oleg being a odd character. I like Rodgers because of his style of going out to win stages, and riding hard. Its a ****ty job being a domestique, and he does it without question, and this year when he gets the chance of seizing a stage victory he usually goes for it (another reason why I was disappointed he didn't ride with Sagan and try to catch Gallopin).

Let me guess you are going to let me know about the failed test and why this makes him a bad person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Rodriguez
    They were just out for a nice afternoon's drive, then next thing there were all these bloody cyclists all over the road.

Advertisement