Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Samsung Galaxy s5

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Menu looks good definitely an improvement from the Chinese menus,is this mtk6592 and also is the battery and gps ok in this clone?

6592 - yes
    Battery - Not great, think it's the same in every S5 clone. I have a battery from a real S5 in it though so it is perfect now.
    GPS - Don't think it works. Only trying it now since you asked, but the app I am using is saying 'Looking for GPS location' for the past 10 mins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone looking for a genuine S5, brand new in box from meteor /emobile let me know or check out my adverts. Buy with confidence 100% genuine. Sorry for the thread jacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

kceire wrote: »
    Sorry for the thread jacking.

In an android forum thread, no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

my missus wanted an s5 about 2 months ago.
    We had a look online and spotted one on gumtree.
    it was the cheapest one but not rediculously cheap 300 I think.

Something didnt seem right though.
    When I searched the phone number attached to the ad, there was another ad for an s5 2 weeks before but the contact name was different on it?

Still wasnt sure so the missus rang the guy, I asked her to ask for the IMEI, he gave it, I checked it and got nothing...

She rang back and asked him to confirm the IMEI and he gave a completely different one.
    She asked him where it was bought and he said meteor.

She said she'd ring him back.

She rang him back and asked had he got a receipt, he then said it was bought in the UK and was on Orange.?

She ended up getting a one plus instead (she fell in love with my one)

Jaysus, if you're going to go to the bother of selling a dodgy phone at least have your story straight.

be careful buying s5's folks, tons of fake ones around...

Advertisement