Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dance Song?

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

We had the waterboys 'how long will I love you'. My hubby's granny taught us how to do a quick-step to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Mcfly - Love is easy
    or
    love is on the radio

Love both for the first dance! Lovely lyrics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

See if the band can do a version of 'Only You' by the Platters in their own style.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Toots* wrote: »
    We had the waterboys 'how long will I love you'. My hubby's granny taught us how to do a quick-step to it.

Just heard Ellie Goulding's version of this....shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Millem wrote: »
    Love love love "harvest moon" by neil young and very easy to dance to

This was ours :) Also performed How Long Will I Love You for walking up the aisle recently, it's a lovely choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

We had Elbow "a day like this".

We didnt really have a song that was "ours" or that meant something to us, but we picked this and now when we hear it it brings us back to our wedding day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Dolbert wrote: »
    This was ours :) Also performed How Long Will I Love You for walking up the aisle recently, it's a lovely choice

Love the voyage by christy moore :) and perfect if you have children. always brings a tear to my eye. I remember when I saw barrack and michelle dancing to "at last" saying I wanted that but OH said not a chance!!!

Love the voyage by christy moore :) and perfect if you have children. always brings a tear to my eye. I remember when I saw barrack and michelle dancing to "at last" saying I wanted that but OH said not a chance!!!

I was at a wedding where they played that as the couple walked back down the aisle and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. I cry at weddings at the best of times so this turned me into a hysterical mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

we didn't have one, we've never managed to get a song that we can call ours but if i'd could have one now i'd love Caravan of Love by the Housemartins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

This wasn't used as a first dance song but my cousin,s better half walked up the aisle to 1,000 years from the Twillight movie, beautiful song, wasn't a dry eye in the church and suited the occasion as they had been together for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

I quite like the idea of using Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home. Its a lovely song and great meaning.
    Mitch and Cam used an instrumental version in Modern family as they walked up the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Toots* wrote: »
    Just heard Ellie Goulding's version of this....shudder

To my horror I didn't realise this was originally the Waterboys, it's miles better. Bloody Ellie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

To my horror I didn't realise this was originally the Waterboys, it's miles better. Bloody Ellie.

Is Ellie Goulding popular then? Have people gone totally tone deaf?

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Is Ellie Goulding popular then? Have people gone totally tone deaf?

The waterboys one is way better and way easier to dance to! I never even heard of them before!!

The waterboys one is way better and way easier to dance to! I never even heard of them before!!

God bless you my child! Lol . A Bang on the Ear used to be a great number for filling he dancefloor.

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    God bless you my child! Lol . A Bang on the Ear used to be a great number for filling he dancefloor.

Hahaha a quick goggle tells me they formed before I was even born!! Lol

Hahaha a quick goggle tells me they formed before I was even born!! Lol

God bless me then! Great crack sing a long songs though. The Whole of the Moon would be a significant emotive song for lots of people in their 40s 50s. Don't know if any bands would do covers now. You need banjoes and accordions to do Waterboys numbers. Two guitars and a drum kit wouldn't do at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Getting married in 3 weeks time and we have asked the band if they can play The Ramones-Baby I love you. We're not sure if it will be better live or would it be better on cd but they band said that they can play it so we'll see how it goes!

Advertisement