Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost rent, don't know what to do.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

What century are you operating in? Stop using cash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭ohohseven

Since you still have nothing of use to contribute, I'm now going to simply ignore your trolling.

Thank you.

Thomas D wrote: »
    What century are you operating in? Stop using cash.

Cash is king

pwurple wrote: »
    Your insurance can also cover loss.

Do you have any insurance?

Yea it doesnt cover loss, how about you sell your horse and lend me the cash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Since you still have nothing of use to contribute, I'm now going to simply ignore your trolling.

He/She is right though.

• Advertisement

ohohseven wrote: »
    Cash is king

What does that even mean? Cash clearly isn't king when it's sitting down the seat of some bus.

Paperless banking is largely free and hassle free. Why take 30 minutes out of your day to do something that takes 2 minutes and has none of the risk involved.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Could you cut it out please!

No harm in trying to call them tomorrow but it's unlikely. If they have a shop near you that's open tomorrow, you could drop in and ask for a name maybe?

I will try up in the svp shop tomorrow thanks

What does that even mean? Cash clearly isn't king when it's sitting down the seat of some bus.

Paperless banking is largely free and hassle free. Why take 30 minutes out of your day to do something that takes 2 minutes and has none of the risk involved.
    Because I don't like banks

Mezcita wrote: »
    He/She is right though.

Maybe he/she is but he/she got his/her point across already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

You need to put yourself in the LLs shoes OP, instead of getting p****ed off about it. You know you're telling the truth, but as far as he can see, you're likely to be pulling a fast one. 'I lost the money on the way to the bank' is up there with 'the dog ate my homework' when you were 14. It is rare that people use cash in that way any more.

I suspect the LL is preparing the 14 days letter right now. Absent any family, friends who can help, as other posters said, try SVP.

But don't blame the LL here. He's not the bad guy in this story (not saying anyone else is either)

I think that is what is commonly known as 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'

That's the sort of attitude that has seen you unable to pay a meager enough amount of monthly rent.

I think that is what is commonly known as 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'

When I was 19 I had 2000 euro taken from my account. I saved that money for a year. My banks attitude was deal with it yourself even though it was there fault. So that's why I don't like banks.

That's the sort of attitude that has seen you unable to pay a meager enough amount of monthly rent.

I didn't want to say the exact amount but it's not a meager amount by any means just less than I paid back home in dublin.

I didn't want to say the exact amount but it's not a meager amount by any means just less than I paid back home in dublin.

I pay 1600 a month on my own for rent. If I had to get another place tomorrow I'd make sure I have a minimum of double that on instant access. That's called being an adult.

I want to get my point across here. My landlord isn't a dodgy landlord or anything. He's a largely nice guy. I tool advice and asked hin for a favour it backfired. No harm done he's still a decent chap and I have no hard feelings. I would just like advice on how to keep him happy whilst keeping food in the fridge. So thank you for the people that helped and thank you to the people that got the wrong impression on the point of this thread. It is not a landlord bashing thread.

I pay 1600 a month on my own for rent. If I had to get another place tomorrow I'd make sure I have a minimum of double that on instant access. That's called being an adult.

Good for you but I'm not in a position to save. And no I'm pretty sure having money is not the entire definition of being an adult.

It's not the amount of money it's about being sensible with money. Taking responsibility in your life. Don't live from payday to payday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Hey OP what are you are actually expecting here?

Quite frankly you come across as a bit of a dope with an aggressive attitude. 'Lost my money', 'can do a few months without electricity', 'cash is king', 'I don't like banks'. Ye right.
    Are you expecting that someone is going to give you the money here or something because it seems anything short of that is being replied to with attitude by you. Maybe you could ask your dealer for a loan?

• Advertisement

It's not the amount of money it's about being sensible with money. Taking responsibility in your life. Don't live from payday to payday.

It would be nice to have that option, I get a certain amount of Money a week, I pay bills, save for rent, get food ans that's the money gone. I have a two year old and a partner in full time education so I don't have much to save and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Ok Folks, this is getting out of hand.
    The OP's personal financial situation is not up for debate here, his wallet was lost/stolen and he is short his rent money. The topic at hand is about coming to an arrangement with the landlord, not his ability to save.
    There are a lot of people in financial difficulty these days and it's cruel to be making comments on not being sensible with money or insinuating that they are lacking in their responsibilities - if you're living on 188 a week or less you live week to week, there is no other option.

Get back on topic please.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Hey OP what are you are actually expecting here?

Quite frankly you come across as a bit of a dope with an aggressive attitude. 'Lost my money', 'can do a few months without electricity', 'cash is king', 'I don't like banks'. Ye right.
    Are you expecting that someone is going to give you the money here or something because it seems anything short of that is being replied to with attitude by you. Maybe you could ask your dealer for a loan?
    My dealer? Oh I get it I'm on drugs now ? I've never touched a drug in my life. And no I don't want anyone to offer me money.and my attitude ? Your the one with the attitude.

What are you expecting to hear though, OP? Suggestion on where you can source some cash?

My advice then. The landlord will probably serve you with notice of he has any sense. Unless you can scrabble some money together you will be evicted. Without savings for a deposit you will probably be homeless and dependant on chatity to get back on your feet. Prepare for the worst is what u would do.

Right - and we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement