Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monaco DL discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Caprica wrote: »
    The Men's 200 was a bit of a sickener. Really can't stand Gatlin, it's a bit of a joke that Dwain Chambers doesn't get invited to the Diamond league and repays all his winning yet Gatlin & Gay are treated like heros. Along with Powell and Simpson getting reduced bans, I'm not sure where the drugs stand is going, there certainly is a lot of double standards.

Big time, totally agree. Chambers cheated, owned up and even gave details of what he took and when he took it. It seems it was the worst thing to do! Like you my mind boggles and it sickens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Some Kind of Wizard

Delighted for Nick Willis, going sub 3.30. The 5000m training seems to suit him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Gatlin is a total farce. A 32 year old, who has twice been banned for doping offences, somehow manages to run faster now than he did before his bans. Good to hear Steve Cram elude to that live on air. Is he the most unlikeable drug cheat in the history of drug cheats? He's certainly a contender anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I could be wrong but I think the beeb said Gatlin had never broke 20 seconds before either for 200m.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Alex Rowe's reward for equalling the oldest and arguably most iconic Australian record on the books is to be fined one third of his AA funding by AA because he went to Monaco and as a result was a couple of days late joining the Aussie holding camp for Comm Games. Astonishing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

veganrun wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think the beeb said Gatlin had never broke 20 seconds before either for 200m.

He ran 19.86 when he was 20, but it was later expunged because he tested positive for a drug he was allowed take but forgot to apply for a TUE.

Advertisement