Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Gameweek 10 - 34 points from Chambers and Sanchez that week was very nice.

Captain Sanchez and Chambers for me that week. 50 points between them!! Scored 95 overall. Launched me onto my best run of the season and into top 1k.

Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Captain Sanchez and Chambers for me that week. 50 points between them!! Scored 95 overall. Launched me onto my best run of the season and into top 1k.

Good times!

Can we go back to December? Proper dreamland stuff back then

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can we go back to December? Proper dreamland stuff back then

Back when I wasn't happy being in the top 5k.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Time to bring out the batter and take them to the chipper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

This and a GW rank in the top 60!:

2njlw02.jpg

Been ridin that GW rank since!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Well done on that, I'd seen ye mention it throughout the threads but hadn't taken much notice, it'd be cool if ye won this thing.

Well done on that, I'd seen ye mention it throughout the threads but hadn't taken much notice, it'd be cool if ye won this thing.

There's medals for the winners :)

There's medals for the winners :)

Sure a Drom man like yourself mustn't be able to walk around with all the medals around your neck:pac:

So it's jimmi, fingers yourself and????

Sure a Drom man like yourself mustn't be able to walk around with all the medals around your neck:pac:

So it's jimmi, fingers yourself and????

Yeah they weigh me down alright :p internet_user is the other member of Boards FSA !

• Advertisement

As a relative newcomer to fpl I'm interested in hearing from some of the historians on here about past seasons, this is my third season and the top breakout players I can recall from each season are Michu, Ramsey and Kane, players who started under six million but put up 10m seasons. Who were others from the previous seasons to have a similar impact? Who do we think could be the ones to do it next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

MGP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As a relative newcomer to fpl I'm interested in hearing from some of the historians on here about past seasons, this is my third season and the top breakout players I can recall from each season are Michu, Ramsey and Kane, players who started under six million but put up 10m seasons. Who were others from the previous seasons to have a similar impact? Who do we think could be the ones to do it next year?

Charlie Adam at Blackpool had some season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Charlie Adam at Blackpool had some season
    My first (half)-season playing the game. The BP system was done by 3 pundits IIRC and Charlie Adam was "guaranteed" 1 at least no matter what Blackpool were doing. You knew if they got a goal he'd be involved. What a legend he's been for a season :D.

The same season (2010-11), Andy Carroll had an astonishing first half of season before he moved to Liverppol at the very end of the January transfer window and buried down his career...

Fellaini three years ago at Everton. Stephen Ireland at Man City one season. Yakubu at Blackburn. David Bentley at Blackburn. Demba Ba at Newcastle. Martin Laursen at Villa. Martin Petrov at Man City. Darren Bent at Charlton. Ashley Young while at Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Siggy got 102 points after signing on loan in Jan in the 2011/2012 season.

Clint Dempsey also got 17 league goals in his 2012/2013, dont know his assists or total points, but he got a huge score. To put a bit of perspective on it the top goalscoring midfielders in the game this year are Sanchez with 16 and Hazard with 14

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »
    My first (half)-season playing the game. The BP system was done by 3 pundits IIRC and Charlie Adam was "guaranteed" 1 at least no matter what Blackpool were doing. You knew if they got a goal he'd be involved. What a legend he's been for a season :D.

The same season (2010-11), Andy Carroll had an astonishing first half of season before he moved to Liverppol at the very end of the January transfer window and buried down his career...

I remember a season when Richard Dunne played for Villa and all he had to do in the second half of the season was put on the jersey to get 3 bonus points.

KevIRL wrote: »
    MGP

I'm sure I'd get it if I racked my brains hard enough.
    Who do ye think is the cheapest player ever to go mental. Any minimum price heroes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Morten Gamst Peterson.

What was that baldy fella used to play up front for Crystal Palace? Johnson, was it? Anyway, him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Martin laursen was the BP king. He could get sent off in a 5 nil defeat and still doddle home with the 3 BPs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I remember in my 1st season I had Thomas Sorensen in goal.
    He saved about 4 penalties in the space of a couple of months!
    That was back when Stoke used to keep clean sheets aswell.

spock. wrote: »
    I remember in my 1st season I had Thomas Sorensen in goal.
    He saved about 4 penalties in the space of a couple of months!
    That was back when Stoke used to keep clean sheets aswell.

Pulis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Morten Gamst Peterson.

He was an infuriating player to own. He was like Christian Eriksen of the 2000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'm sure I'd get it if I racked my brains hard enough.
    Who do ye think is the cheapest player ever to go mental. Any minimum price heroes?

Kane tbh. 4.8 when I got him earlier this year. No bargain basement price player has ever delivered so consistantly for so long.

He was an infuriating player to own. He was like Christian Eriksen of the 2000s.

Not in 05-06. Started at 7 mil iirc and ended the season at near 10. 9 goals and god knows how many assists.

As a Blackburn fan I had him from the start and he was huge for me that season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Not in 05-06. Started at 7 mil iirc and ended the season at near 10. 9 goals and god knows how many assists.

As a Blackburn fan I had him from the start and he was huge for me that season.

Fair enough, as the resident Blackburn fan you'd remember! I can't remember specific seasons, just in general that he had a knack of going on a dry run when I had him and going nuts when I sold him.

There used to be players as low as 3m in the early days if they played they were obviously insane value. Steed Malbranque was another player who was good value for a season. I've played FPL since the start and I don't think a player has come close to what Kane has done this season. You often get players having breakthrough seasons but never they're normally already 6m. The 5m price range is meant for the no hopers!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Seamus Coleman had a magnificent breakout season 2 years ago I think. Sterling's first year (2 years ago too?) was also memorable. Ramsey started off at great value last year too. But like others I think Kane this year has surpassed all others.

Siggy was another who was a 5.5m range bargain when he arrived. Kanes PPG is higher than (most peoples) purchase price I think its fair to say we won't see a player play as many minutes and do that for a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Gabby Heinze in his first season at Utd. I think it was 04/05. He wasn't first choice but got an extended run in the team due to injuries. He was reasonably cheap I think for a Utd defender. 5.0 or thereabouts.

Advertisement