Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prelude to Axanar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

From the Donor's FB page:
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that Team Axanar can announce that with the final pledge tally reported on Kickstarter, and the in-hand donations made via PayPal, the current tally board for this round of fundraising is $657,332!
    Now, before we hurt ourselves attempting cartwheels, please do keep in mind that pledges on Kickstarter do not necessarily mean money in the bank to begin production. There will be a percentage of credit/debit cards from Kickstarter pledges that do not authorize and that will come right off the top. There is about 10% in Kickstarter and Amazon fees that come right off the top of the gross from the cards that do authorize. Then there is about 10% of the net that will be spent on perks for our wonderful donors. Once we know what the actual net amount is that will be banked happens to be, we'll be factoring that in to the newly re-figured budget that is currently in progress and we'll know how much more will be needed to make this all happen and be brilliant.
    So, with this all said, another fundraiser will be needed in time to meet the budget of the film, for sure. That in no way should lessen the simply stunning performance of each and every donor, fan, and supporter of Axanar. YOU made this happen and we're so incredibly grateful!
    From the bottom of our hearts (and the top, too), Thank you so very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bump....because this needs more attention.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They are currently building sets and apparently Netflix have shown some interest in this, according to Tony Todd. That'd be ****ing fantastic.

15 or so minutes in for the Star Trek talk, including a brief bit on Kurn and The Visitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvnedP6YAvM

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

would they ever just make the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

It would be great if Netflix came on board and helped make the film, then distributed it and it turned out more popular and acclaimed than the crap we know ST:13 will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

squonk wrote: »
    It would be great if Netflix came on board and helped make the film, then distributed it and it turned out more popular and acclaimed than the crap we know ST:13 will be.

I doubt that's possible as Netflix earn profit from their distribution network; most likely would be a breach of the no-profit goodwill leniency from CBS/Paramount/<whoever-owns-those-rights>.

I watched the 20 minute video just there - holy jaysus that was great! Can't wait for the full version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

cbs and paramount should have bought it from them tbh - i'm still betting that those two 15 minute shorts are gonna be better than the discovery pilot episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

cbs and paramount should have bought it from them tbh - i'm still betting that those two 15 minute shorts are gonna be better than the discovery pilot episode.

Agreed, however 2x 15 minute films vs a full length feature is still cutting the heart out of the project :( Plus there's restrictions on the actors they can use (just received an email from them about this), no more fund raising and subject to the same restrictive rules for fan films they issued last year.

Very disappointed TBH. The 20 minute prelude was far better than anything I've seen/read about Discovery to-date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Very disappointed TBH. The 20 minute prelude was far better than anything I've seen/read about Discovery to-date.

never mind discovery, it was better than Beyond!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

From a legal point of view it's also extremely disappointing. IP is an extremely complicated area and this case could have fleshed out some of the emerging concepts. I guess Samuel T. Cogley wasn't available.

Advertisement