Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Apocalypse ......... it's true ...... some people believe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

WilyCoyote wrote: »

Well, certain parts of O'Connell street and its surrounds can make quite an impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Nodin wrote: »
    Well, certain parts of O'Connell street and its surrounds can make quite an impression.

What County? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The one in town

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Being prepared for zombies means you're prepared for all sorts of doomsday scenarios. All that it would take for chaos in the modern world is for international banking or transport to become affected. Without international transport we'd have trouble feeding our population and we wouldn't be able to run most services because we import most maintenance products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Apparently if rabies becomes airborne it could lead to zombie-like creatures. Obviously they wouldn't be immortal, but they'd share the basic characteristics of zombies, including loss of feeling towards pain -a man who was infected with rabies needed to be shot repeatedly by police in America because he kept coming at them to attack because he wasn't receptive to the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

No guarantees it wont happen OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

No guarantees it wont happen OP.

Yes there is, No such thing exists. I would be more worried about the reverse vampires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yes there is, No such thing exists. I would be more worried about the reverse vampires

Shít! what are reverse vampires? Goddammit now I've another thing to be worrying about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Im pretty sure when a Latin Kings gang banger says he has them to protect against "zombies" he really means "GDs, Vice Lords, Bloods and Crips."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Instead of sucking you dry, the pump you full of blood. They mainly hang around hospitals.

I think the technical name for a reverse vampire attack is "blood transfusion".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

No such thing as what exists zombies ?

Its unlikely there will be comic book type zombies going around after peoples brains but there's no guarantee that some disease sweeps the globe and kills millions of people and turns others batshít crazy.

There's plenty of real threats too that can cause a doomsday scenario. You knock the electricity out for just a couple months and you'd have absolute chaos. You can't guarantee that wont happen.

I don't know what a reverse vampire is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Not the one in limerick village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I have an escape plan and location worked out in my head if such an event ever happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

According to the Discover Chanel, a zombie apocalypse could actually happen although it would be more like the rage virus from 28 days later. All it would take is for Rabies to become airborne. Scary thought!

google ' new york zombie woman'

seems legit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

floggg wrote: »
    Im pretty sure when a Latin Kings gang banger says he has them to protect against "zombies" he really means "GDs, Vice Lords, Bloods and Crips."

In the USA, the big CIA
    The Bloods and The Crisps and the KKK

Now we know that Will.I.Am likes Taytos :D

According to the Discover Chanel, a zombie apocalypse could actually happen although it would be more like the rage virus from 28 days later. All it would take is for Rabis to become airborne. Scary thought!

Hamas would try and shoot down this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

ScumLord wrote: »
    Being prepared for zombies means you're prepared for all sorts of doomsday scenarios. All that it would take for chaos in the modern world is for international banking or transport to become affected. Without international transport we'd have trouble feeding our population and we wouldn't be able to run most services because we import most maintenance products.

And this is an excuse for spend thousands preparing for a doomsday scenario that has a 0.01% chance of happening?

It's been suggested that conspiracy theorists are suffering from a mild form of schizophrenia. We can confidently add 'preppers' to this list imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

No such thing as what exists zombies ?

Its unlikely there will be comic book type zombies going around after peoples brains but there's no guarantee that some disease sweeps the globe and kills millions of people and turns others batshít crazy.

Rabies is the main one.
    I watched a documentary recently and it described how the closest thing you can get to a zombie outbreak would be a widespread rabies outbreak.
    They said that if someone figured out how to weaponise rabies and make it airborne or poison the water supply with it, all hell would break loose and it'd be as close to a zombie apocalypse as you're gonna get.
    I'm sure the documentary is on youtube but I'm on mobile at the minute and can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

We can confidently add 'preppers' to this list imo.

Being prepared for unlikely scenarios also leaves you prepared for everyday emergencies / predicaments / quandaries.

It's not a mental illness. That's a very moronic thing to say.

Being prepared for unlikely scenarios also leaves you prepared for everyday emergencies / predicaments / quandaries.

Making your family remember code words and bug out points hording food, I would not call that normal behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Making your family remember code words and bug out points hording food, I would not call that normal behaviour.

That's Discovery Channel prepping. I'm talking about basic preps every household / motorist/ joe bloggs should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

We can confidently add 'preppers' to this list imo.

So you can't foresee a scenario where a stockpile of food and water would be beneficial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Hamas would try and shoot down this one.

Fixed that typo :D

I personally know three people/families out here that have bunkers stocked with food and water which they rotate annually. One of them I know quite well and in all other aspects seem to be very normal. But if the conversation drifts to any sort of forecasting then they will advise you on what to do ....... should when such a scenario begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Preparing for everyday emergencies would mean a first aid kit, a few cans of beans, some candles and a few liters of petrol. I've got all those and so does most of the population. Anything else is insane in a small country like Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I personally know three people/families out here that have bunkers stocked with food and water which they rotate annually. One of them I know quite well and in all other aspects seem to be very normal. But if the conversation drifts to any sort of forecasting then they will advise you on what to do ....... should when such a scenario begins.

Possibly overkill, but in another Katrina situation, that's the family I'd rather be in.

• Advertisement

Nino Brown wrote: »
    So you can't foresee a scenario where a stockpile of food and water would be beneficial?

Not really, Your then tied to 1 location and unable to relocate. And keeping multiple storage locations is just mad. Why do people think everyday people will go from no combative to eating brains or mass murder in any of these doomsday scenarios. Think people have been watching the walking dead to much.

Advertisement