Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Did they not announce something like May recently? Could be imagining things.

It's plausible if they're just keeping things under wraps but I wouldn't expect a realistic release date before gameplay footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Including the arcade release.... probably a year before consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Oh, kewl!

Some location tests for T7 will be going down in Japan Oct 3-5

Plus, some new character artwork. First off, Kaz.

T7Kaz.jpg

and Hei

T7Hei.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Oh, this should be interesting. Tekken seems to have stagnated a fair bit in the last few versions so I hope they freshen it up somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Not a big fan of the outfit but interesting otherwise :O
    There is another 'yet to be revealed' character to be playable at the October location test, is described to have an emphasis on a new mechanic which the Tekken team hasn't tried before but you may be familiar with in 2D fighting games.

Pls no meter in tekken, PLS no meter in tekken.

..............PLS NO INVINCIBLES

Fireballs? Eliza???

Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

By-wFVaCMAAb6NF.jpg

• Advertisement

He looks kinda cool... man screw Asuka, I'll have to try all these new characters and string people to death.

Why is Maxi gonna be in T7?

Never mind, Feng has been confirmed. Woot,woot!

Might as well write down the confirmed roster;

Claudio
    Katarina
    Kazuya
    Heihachi
    Lars
    Alisa
    Asuka
    Lili
    Xiayou
    Feng
    Paul
    Law
    Steve
    Leo
    Hwoarang
    King
    Dragunov
    Bryan

There's so many videos of gameplay out now, kind of crazy!

They added in these 2D ultras as well lol, so cool. I like the look of the new game overall, I think it's going to help the franchise, especially in regards to getting new players interested, which should always be the main goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Agreed BSG, it should help the series.

I'm a little concerned about the ultra's. They look like a flashy throw. Are they unblockable?

The only character I play with that's confirmed is Paul. I'd imagine Yoshi will eventually be added but I worry about AK. He's a lot of fun to use. Overall, I think it's a step forward. With bound gone it'll hopefully encourage people to stop spamming hopkicks making it easier for beginners (though juggles look to deal considerable damage regardless). I read that the graphics are being run on 50-60% which is amazing. I can't wait to see what it looks like when I put it in the PS4 for the first time.

Hyped! Any word on a release date?

The supers are confirmed to blockable, Novi.

I can't imagine they'll leave Yoshi behind. However, I saw a King match where he used AK's f+2,1. Apparently in T4 King had some of AK's moves from in TTT1 transferred over to him. I think that's a sign that AK is gone. Kazuya also has Devil Jin's b+4, which implies he'll be gone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Does power crush work similarly to focus attack? Seems that way.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Does power crush work similarly to focus attack? Seems that way.

You apparently don't have any recoverable health if you succeed nor can you dash cancel out of it. Seems more situational than focus attacks.

I think that maybe they might kill off Jin at the start of this game you know that? It's weird that he's not in the beta test and the game seems to focus on Kaz and Hei overall.

I'm calling it lol, Jin's not going to be in this game. I'd say AK is gone also. It also seems like the new girl is a replacement for Baek kind of?

• Advertisement

Dunno about that, her fighting style doesn't like much like Savate.

Any other big omissions? Doesn't look like Kuni will be in it either.

Nothing about a release date?

I think that maybe they might kill off Jin at the start of this game you know that? It's weird that he's not in the beta test and the game seems to focus on Kaz and Hei overall.

I'm calling it lol, Jin's not going to be in this game. I'd say AK is gone also. It also seems like the new girl is a replacement for Baek kind of?
    "Heihachi Mishima... is dead."

They tried that one 10 years ago.

I'm really really not liking the power crush thing, armour in general is a pretty dumb mechanic.

Rage Art looks meh, figured they were gonna add in something like that.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'm really really not liking the power crush thing, armour in general is a pretty dumb mechanic.

Rage Art looks meh, figured they were gonna add in something like that.

I have a feeling that power crushes will be situational. They apparently only absorb highs and mids but not lows. Not gonna be very useful against characters with really good lows like Feng or Hwoarang. You apparently also take damage from the absorbed moves.

I'm not crazy about the Rage Art either but I'm glad this "2D mechanic" that they implemented was done without arbitrarily introducing meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Hope Bruce and lucky box makes it

No backroll catches in tekken 7 apparently.

Nope, not gonna get into it, no oki = no fun.

I wouldn't get too worked up at this stage, wait a while longer and see what they decide on before the final release. I'm sure they'll be some oki elements.

A lot of it was quite insane if I do say so myself, like that Bryan 50/50 in T6 between the taunt and the db2 reset. Just dumb because he won or drew either way! :confused:

That's another positive to take I think. Oki options were limited in TTT2 'cos it didn't make much sense attempting stuff as you would lose a great deal of damage. In T6 I had some setups with Yosh that I'll be looking forward to bring back. The amount of times I'd catch people with b,b,1+2. xD

• Advertisement

Quoting because you're totally lying to your future self. :pac:

Advertisement