Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

the note 4 is vastly different than the note 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Clove have it priced at 550 sterling anyway. Seems a bit on the high side.

its the going rate, what do you expect to get it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Hachiko wrote: »
    the note 4 is vastly different than the note 2.

Well, yes and no. It's quite subjective.

The Note 2 has a 5.5" screen, the Note 4 has a 5.7". Okay better resolution. But for me there really isn't any difference in the screen size, especially compared to what I was expecting which was 6" at a min, and possibly a flexible screen at that.

Yes I know there are many other differences like thumb print unlock and 16mp camera plus more. But really it isn't enough to convince ME to upgrade. And I'm sure I'm not alone here!

Now I'm off to upgrade my ROM to include some Note 3 goodies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

What would have convinced you?

I don't know to be honest. But I would probably be more inclined to buy a cheaper note 3 as a replacement for the note 2, as I don't see that much of an upgrade from 3 to 4, at least not in features I would use

• Advertisement

its the going rate, what do you expect to get it for.

Well I paid €600 for the note 3 at launch last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I'm a Note 2 owner. Love it. Don't really have a plan to upgrade it, it does everything I want it to do and does it perfectly.
    I'm actually interested to see what they will put in a phone that will make me want to move from my Note 2.

I purchased the Zerolemon battery for mine and with my 64gb sd card it's great for weekend city breaks (planes and trains).

All my focus is on Watches and Glass now I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

pinkstars wrote: »
    Anyone know where I would get a replacement s pen for the Note 3?
    I got one off Amazon last week... 11 euro including delivery..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

I have a note 3 - cant see much point in upgrading.
    Nothing extra in there that I would use.
    I had the note 1 - loved it - but the battery was crap.
    Note 3 battery is much much better than note 1 - thats why I upgraded last time.
    This time .... ehhhh nahhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Do we have any ideas as to the release dates? I'm using an M7, it's fine but I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket, I was holding off until the note 4 or iphone 6, so far the alleged iphone 6 is winning, but we'll see tomorrow if that holds true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I seen somewhere that the Note 4 is coming out on October 10

Anyone know if there are any review units out there? Would be interested to see what the verdict is with the iPhone release not far away. Might stop a few orders going to Apple if there were some ahead of the launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Note 4 has been added to Three's coming soon page;
    http://www.three.ie/shop/phones/coming-soon/

J o e wrote: »
    Note 4 has been added to Three's coming soon page;
    http://www.three.ie/shop/phones/coming-soon/

Hasn't been added to 02.ie , Vodafone.ie , or meteor.ie. how come 02 and vodafone have iPhone 6 as coming soon but not note 4?

leemaree wrote: »
    Hasn't been added to 02.ie , Vodafone.ie , or meteor.ie. how come 02 and vodafone have iPhone 6 as coming soon but not note 4?

iPhone is (a) bigger release and (b) likely being released sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

I have to laugh...the apple iphone and watch made tv and radio news. I didn't see or hear anything for samsung:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

So where are the few people who said they'd wait for the iPhone 6 to be announced before deciding to buy the note 4 or not.
    With all 2011 technology under the overpriced hood of the iPhone 6 it should be easy to decide now.
    Unless there is something mentally wrong with you then obviously get the iPhone 6.

So where are the few people who said they'd wait for the iPhone 6 to be announced before deciding to buy the note 4 or not.
    With all 2011 technology under the overpriced hood of the iPhone 6 it should be easy to decide now.
    Unless there is something mentally wrong with you then obviously get the iPhone 6.

I'm getting the iPhone 6. I've always used Android, I had the note 2 and currently run the M7.

There's nothing mentally wrong with me, I just want to move to iOS, android has proven to me again and again to annoy me (minor glitches & quirks, random slow-downs and crashes, poor updates without rooting, etc).

This crap from fanboys bothers me, the way people are going on in both the android and iphone forums wrecks my head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

dulpit wrote: »
    I'm getting the iPhone 6. I've always used Android, I had the note 2 and currently run the M7.

There's nothing mentally wrong with me, I just want to move to iOS, android has proven to me again and again to annoy me (minor glitches & quirks, random slow-downs and crashes, poor updates without rooting, etc).

This crap from fanboys bothers me, the way people are going on in both the android and iphone forums wrecks my head.
    So you said you were holding out for the iPhone 6 announcement before making up your mind.
    What made up your mind?
    The same camera as the 5s?
    The same battery as the 5s?
    The tweaked processor over the 5s?
    The extra 22 pixels per inch?

It's just im finding it hard to figure out what tipped you over the edge when you were undecided up to two days ago?
    We all new it was gonna be 5.5 inches months ago so it couldn't be that.
    The reason I'm comparing it to the 5s and not the note 4 is because it's not even a fair comparison to the note 4 and if you're happy with the details that were released last night then why didn't you jump ship long ago to the 5s which in essence is the same besides the extra inch.

• Advertisement

I've come to appreciate that you don't need to be tied to a particular OS. It's a nice looking phone, the size is right for me and the resolution isn't low (which I was slightly worried about).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can't believe that the new iPhone only has one gig of ram. I've a calculator somewhere with more power than that.
    Il be holding onto my G2 until a phone with 3500 mah battery turns up in a phone that I like the look of.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I've come to appreciate that you don't need to be tied to a particular OS. It's a nice looking phone, the size is right for me and the resolution isn't low (which I was slightly worried about).

Well the resolution is half that of the Note 4....

iPhone is (a) bigger release and (b) likely being released sooner.

and welcome to 2012......

markad1 wrote: »
    I have to laugh...the apple iphone and watch made tv and radio news. I didn't see or hear anything for samsung:rolleyes:

no disrespect to apple, the iphone 6 looks a good phone if it was out a few years ago, the new note 4 and egde will take it to the cleaners.

no disrespect to apple, the iphone 6 looks a good phone if it was out a few years ago, the new note 4 and egde will take it to the cleaners.

If it's anything like the S5 it won't really. Samsung are bloat filled devices and it shows. I'm typing on an S5 here waiting yet again for it to catch up. Used a 5S before this - never an issue.

Sold my Note 3 because of lag mainly.

I said I'd hold out for reviews, if there's even a hint of bloat being mentioned in reviews I'll go with the iPhone. On paper the specs are lower but in use its not noticeable. Plus I'll still have my nexus for shoebox and messing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

According to the below, the note 4 has gone on sale in Germany for 699 euros.... Wonder if Samsung are getting carried away by the Apple philosophy of "we can charge what we want"
    Maybe it's just the initial premium pricing and it'll drop a bit once it's been out for a month or so?
    I really like the spec of the Note 4 though...

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/samsung-galaxy-note-4-will-be-priced-around-rs-56000-report-233427.html

JasonRyan wrote: »
    According to the below, the note 4 has gone on sale in Germany for 699 euros.... Wonder if Samsung are getting carried away by the Apple philosophy of "we can charge what we want"
    Maybe it's just the initial premium pricing and it'll drop a bit once it's been out for a month or so?
    I really like the spec of the Note 4 though...

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/samsung-galaxy-note-4-will-be-priced-around-rs-56000-report-233427.html

I already posted this.....LOL

I wonder will this price be the same in Ireland?

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...germany-588585

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

leemaree wrote: »

Complete speculation on my part, but it could also be that with O2 now being taken over by 3 (and 3 confirmed as offering it) that they just won't bother as they merge O2 into their operations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

From O2 when I contacted them

"Hi, the phone is currently in testing. We should hopefully have another up-date after the 20th September about this, if you want to check back with us then"

Advertisement