Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Imstuck wrote: »
    Just recently when my daughter is on YouTube, using an iphone through same wireless connection as the amiko, the tv flicks over and starts playing whatever she is on the tv??!!
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    And if I WANTED this to happen does it only work with YouTube only and not any streaming for example??

thats a strange one maybe it activates the youtube app on the machine or the phone is matched to the tv

tell her to use her own internet lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Just recently when my daughter is on YouTube, using an iphone through same wireless connection as the amiko, the tv flicks over and starts playing whatever she is on the tv??!!
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    And if I WANTED this to happen does it only work with YouTube only and not any streaming for example??

Sounds like you have AirPlay installed on your Amiko.

Sounds like you have AirPlay installed on your Amiko.
    or is it just from the phone to the tv ?

AirPlay is running on the Amiko so whatever is played on the iPhone will come up on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Where would I find airplay on Amiko? It is just from phone to tv btw. Funnily though, it only happens with her phone which is the only one which doesn't have airplay on it. (Iphone4)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=32392
    Where would I find airplay on Amiko? It is just from phone to tv btw. Funnily though, it only happens with her phone which is the only one which doesn't have airplay on it. (Iphone4)

Thanks to all for your help, all sorted now, airplay was indeed on. This damn box can do a lot more than I thought!!

Always been a bit hit and miss my epg has, however this last few days my now and next has been full and upto date. Now though,the tv hasn't been on all day and it is only currently showing me what was on at 3 pm this afternoon, and scrolling to the right doesn't take me to what is on for the rest of the day like it was doing a few days ago.
    Is this just the norm and put up with it, or is there an easy fix?

it can stick if you removed the usb . u can reboot and it will reset better

ur better getting a dedicated usb / extension drive and leaving it connected

Forget most of that previous post, on HDD folder I have 0bytes used in my cross epg, how can this be? Have just downloaded it, says to hdd device in settings, and is configured ntfs.

• Advertisement

HDD is permanantly attached to box, it's a real headscratcher!!

i dont use the app of cross epg when u hit the epg button hit f1 aND use it that way

reboot using the switch at back and hit download now in the menu

once u have the 3 providers selected it should work

Nowso wrote: »
    i dont use the app of cross epg when u hit the epg button hit f1 aND use it that way

reboot using the switch at back and hit download now in the menu

once u have the 3 providers selected it should work

Are you not using Enigma2 ?
    Much better than Spark.

Are you not using Enigma2 ?
    Much better than Spark.

no im using spark

better picture quality , much better for recording . which is what i want it for and much more stable . still using proper oscam on spark aswell

if i wanted any the other stuff i use my laptop

3 providers???? On open tv I have Astra 28.2 selected, should there be more?
    Does it matter which?
    I'm interested in using E2 but as you can see spark is more than complicated enough for me lol!!

3 providers???? On open tv I have Astra 28.2 selected, should there be more?
    Does it matter which?
    I'm interested in using E2 but as you can see spark is more than complicated enough for me lol!!
    i have

xmltv providers -rytec uk xmitv

open tv - sky uk astra 28

xepgdb providers - krkadoni _ sky uk_xepdg

not sure if u need them all ?

question for anyone using amiko on other sats

When recording channels that are encrypted by Biss Key are the recordings playable outside the box ie pc/ laptop

as someone using another box recorded files but there still ecrypted

Still zero bytes on HDD, bloody frustrating lol!

Still zero bytes on HDD, bloody frustrating lol!

check its going to hdd might be saved on your box

It's set to HDD above where I have it to download in false standby, but in system-pvr/hdd settings, HDD format it says (at the bottom) RAM disk does not support formatting or partition manage!
    Could this be a problem?

• Advertisement

Have you formatted the HDD to Ext3 ?

No it's ntfs

It's set to HDD above where I have it to download in false standby, but in system-pvr/hdd settings, HDD format it says (at the bottom) RAM disk does not support formatting or partition manage!
    Could this be a problem?

no mine says the same

format your usb again there to Ntfs and try

No it's ntfs

I'm a tad rusty on Spark as I only use Enigma2 which is a million times better.
    I've even got an Alien3 box which runs Spark2 and that comes nowhere close to Enigma2.

IIRC go to menu - system - HDD and format to Ext3

I'm a tad rusty on Spark as I only use Enigma2 which is a million times better.
    I've even got an Alien3 box which runs Spark2 and that comes nowhere close to Enigma2.

IIRC go to menu - system - HDD and format to Ext3

whats spark 2 like so

In HDD format file system says ntfs, yet when I press partition manage, system will sometimes say HPFS/NTFS, and sometimes it will say Linux. When trying to format it to either ntfs or ext3 it fails, and then on exiting hdd format, the options below of speed testing, time shift setting etc go blank so I any able to selct them

format the usb on your laptop and put it back in

Nowso wrote: »
    whats spark 2 like so

It's totally different.
    Has some nice features like built in android , xbmc etc.
    nice AirMouse , Spark2 app for smartphones just like SkyGo , stream from your box anywhere.
    Have a look http://amiko-a3.com

theres a spark app on ordinary spark aswell

• Advertisement

if the usb is damaged it may not work i have some of them plastic sandisk usbs thet break a little and now are not totally reliable to use

Advertisement