Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Zardoz wrote: »
    I never used Spark 1.2.51 and can flash enigma images no bother .
    Always used newer versions of Spark,there is no need to downgrade.

I did find that the best way to flash the enigma image is when it is on the root of the usb drive ,if I flashed it from a folder it often stayed at BOOT .

Hey Zardoz,

You are right, I realized in the early hours of this morning, it was my fault all along - I never put the image in the root of the USB.

It was my own ignorance as I am only new to the enigma2 scene.

I have earned a lot of experience from trial and error and my mistakes on Alien 2. Its worth it in the long run.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

elvis23 wrote: »
    Only the PlugIns link seems to work for me?

am putting all utilities into one folder that should work better

I have added all the Spark Utilities into 1 folder to make them easy to keep upto date

Spark Utilities

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma

Has anyone a solution for me?

For some reason the VFD/LED on the front of the box has gone really dim, so dim its difficult to see even when your inches away from it.

I have tried re-flashing spark to no avail and also in enigma I tried to use the front panel display feature to no avail.

Can anyone advise me how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If it's happening in Spark and Enigma, it sounds more like a hardware failure.:(

• Advertisement

If it's happening in Spark and Enigma, it sounds more like a hardware failure.:(

Could be. I even did a factory reset to no avail.

It went dim yesterday and when I went into a menu it worked properly, but today it just stays dim no matter what I do.

Nowso wrote: »
    a Few Spark Amiko Alien 2 downloads

Spark image
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2q30fn884px13m/app_201407100216.zip

Plugins
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7bm6ornbqarvmk/plugin.zip

Latest Spark 28.2 Channel List - Terrestrial frequency's vary so auto install them for your area
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xneximi5c1o42q/db_201407100232.zip

Spark Channel Editor - Tool for offline channel Arrangement
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gyovonuqkj63j3/Spark%20Channel%20Editor.rar

i sent a pm to get this 3rd post on the topic replaced

with

spark utilities
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mjmc4004

Hi ..would anyone be able to me how to put a new line in the amiko alien 2 or a link on how do it .....New to this box ... PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

mjmc4004 wrote: »
    Hi ..would anyone be able to me how to put a new line in the amiko alien 2 or a link on how do it .....New to this box ... PLEASE

No, we cannot discuss this as it's against the charter, you'll have to Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 denisfarran

I have a quick question folks.

I've just gotten a SAB Triple unit today, & I'm trying to upgrade Spark to the current version (1.2.73) available on the SAB site.

I unrar'd the files to a folder named 'spark' on a recognised USB stick. Went through the interface & found my files & pressed blue to flash & red to restart.

Does anyone know how long it should take to flash? The box has the (unchanging) time & the word LOAD on the VFD for the last 14 minutes.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

After 35 minutes with nothing happening & that 'LOAD' thing on the VFD, I decided to reflash the box with the rescue image from the SAB site.

Might have a corrupted version of 1.2.73.

Took about 8 minutes to get it downgraded.

can u upgrade via the spark portal on the box on the Sab

the amiko might get a a new update soon aswell maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

What's Spark like these days, tried with briefly when I got my triplex 2 years ago but when switched to E2 never thought anymore about it. I know the picture was better but epg wasn't great, any improvements?

I didn't try that Nowso.
    I think I'll leave it alone for now & concentrate on the Enigma side of things.
    Just got Champion's Openatv up & running there now.
    :-)

I didn't try that Nowso.
    I think I'll leave it alone for now & concentrate on the Enigma side of things.
    Just got Champion's Openatv up & running there now.
    :-)

easier way to do it

try it when u can

What's Spark like these days, tried with briefly when I got my triplex 2 years ago but when switched to E2 never thought anymore about it. I know the picture was better but epg wasn't great, any improvements?

epg is 7 days . less crashing and more stable for recording etc than enigma 2 which is what i use it for

all the latest stuff in in my utilities dropbox i posted earlier

i will load a new database on Sunday

Or when herself gets fed-up with watching the telly in the other room ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Alien 2 after going live on adverts if anyone new is looking for one a fraction cheaper than the shops.

Adverts: http://www.adverts.ie/3393934

New Spark Firmware 1.273 now available

Release Notes for v1.2.73:
    Fixes:
    - Fixed an issue causing the Android client to fail to play channels

Improvements:
    - Improved YouTube video playback
    - Improved SHOUTcast exit time
    - Improved KartinaTV EPG load time
    - It is now possible to watch Satellite channels while recording from Terrestrial or Cable
    improvements in software and in Recording capabilitys

just loading it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

posted in wrong thread, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davehal

epg is 7 days . less crashing and more stable for recording etc than enigma 2 which is what i use it for

all the latest stuff in in my utilities dropbox i posted earlier

i will load a new database on Sunday

quick question on the 7 day epg - is this for both saorview and satellite channels?
    previously it was 7 days for saorview but just 'now and next' for satellite?

Thanks!

the Crossepg 0.62 works for satellite on spark aswell it loads from your internet connection whenever you wish

and is has full 7 day epg when loaded up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

How do I install the database and oscam?

I've unzipped them and coppied the folders onto a usb key,

How do I install the database and oscam?

I've unzipped them and coppied the folders onto a usb key,

Here load database that way

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

davehal wrote: »
    quick question on the 7 day epg - is this for both saorview and satellite channels?
    previously it was 7 days for saorview but just 'now and next' for satellite?

Spark has had a 7 day EPG on both Satellte and Saorview for at least 18months now. Probably longer.

the Crossepg 0.62 works for satellite on spark aswell it loads from your internet connection...

Crossepg processes the EPG data that is delivered through your dish to the receiver via a satellite radio station called "EPG Background Audio".

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Just recently when my daughter is on YouTube, using an iphone through same wireless connection as the amiko, the tv flicks over and starts playing whatever she is on the tv??!!
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    And if I WANTED this to happen does it only work with YouTube only and not any streaming for example??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Apogee

I've upgraded to the latest version of Spark and have been trying to get the inbuilt CrossEPG working. When I test downloading EPG data via OpenTV (via satellite), the plugin starts reading the channels, but then stalls at 175KB when reading the titles.

OK, seemed to have resolved above by storing the EPG Background Audio channel.

When configuring, I can only see HDD or Internal Flash - how do I mount a USB stick in Spark?

I can force it to download data over the net via XEPGDB which does populate the data for the individual channels. But when I press OK to see what's on now for all channels, most show 'no info' i.e. the now and next data has not been processed correctly.

Any suggestions welcome!

• Advertisement

Apogee wrote: »
    I've upgraded to the latest version of Spark and have been trying to get the inbuilt CrossEPG working. When I test downloading EPG data via OpenTV (via satellite), the plugin starts reading the channels, but then stalls at 175KB when reading the titles.

OK, seemed to have resolved above by storing the EPG Background Audio channel.

When configuring, I can only see HDD or Internal Flash - how do I mount a USB stick in Spark?

I can force it to download data over the net via XEPGDB which does populate the data for the individual channels. But when I press OK to see what's on now for all channels, most show 'no info' i.e. the now and next data has not been processed correctly.

Any suggestions welcome!

select hdd drive as that is your usb i use a 1tb exentsion drive

once you connect your drive to the box on spark it automatically mounts it, in menu select file list and you can see whats on your hdd

i have mine formatted to Ntfs

when you have it set up and when set up click download now and itl take a few minutes and will load 7 days epg

Advertisement