Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

universal permit

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

I dont care if I sound like a broken record but yes, I do believe that if there's more funding, fishing will improve for us
    You can debate all you want but this is the bottom line.
    And anyone that disagrees with this, is being extremely selfish, and puts to question their sport ethics

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

djflawless wrote: »
    I dont care if I sound like a broken record but yes, I do believe that if there's more funding, fishing will improve for us
    And anyone that disagrees with this, is being extremely selfish, and puts to question their sport ethics

Firstly how are those that disagree been selfish, can you please explain or enlighten us .
    Secondly I never kill fish never , how is my debating a licence charge questioning my sporting ethics , please enlighten me even more .
    Thirdly you are entitled to believe what you like it don't make it right though the same as I believe it will only benifit the tourist hotspots and bigger rivers maybe you have greater detail to hand saying that each county will benifit from this farce evenly .
    Finally if it is introduced and it's a long way away it will finish every club up and down the country because lads are hard set to join such clubs at present , and if a licence is introduced it will be one or the other .Even over the last 3-4 years most clubs have seen a reduction in members .

If you read back thru all my posts on this thread you will find the answers to your questions
    I am entitled to believe what I want, as are you
    If you don't agree with my opinion, fine it doesn't affect me

If you read back thru all my posts on this thread you will find the answers to your questions
    I am entitled to believe what I want, as are you
    If you don't agree with my opinion, fine it doesn't affect me

I have read ur posts twice now and I fail to see where you prove that opposition to this is selfish ,you say that opposition is unsportsmanlike no evidence to suggest this either perhaps I'm missing something ?

For the record I voted in favour of the post .Yes I agree we need one voice but it's like having snowfall on Christmas Eve it's ideal but seldom happens .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

How is it selfish to see the gaping flaws in your assertions and to base one's opinion on 60 years fishing? I never kill a fish and spend long hours working to improve our fishing. That you should accuse people of having poor ethics based on the sole fact that they disagree with a loose proposal is quite insulting. Not every great idea is practical or effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

madred006 wrote: »
    Now dan I don't intend or wish to appear selfish ,I'm stating the truth . Legal nets !!!! You refer to, are you telling me they are not across the river day and night on some occasions and catches not recorded .I didn't bring this up I'm answering a comment you referred to.
    Secondly if you think that smaller counties will benifit the same ad larger ones I'm surprised .
    If you need to be a single entity good for you ,that's not going to happen either as I said in previous posts too many lads loose too many perks .
    Lastly if you think a family on holiday that may fish two days of the year should pay the same as a person that fishes 180 days , I think it makes you selfish and rather hypocritical now carry on debating this with people that care .
    It's a dead duck as far as I am concerned and is 5-10 years away at least .Because despite what you may or may not know the Goverment has the numbers and this was virtually introduced untill a few lads down your way met with minister 6-8 months ago,tight lines and learn to relax it's a leisure pursuit .

The protection of waterways is a costly business and when this license is introduced I will refer back to this thread and say I told you so...

If Ireland played its cards right this country would become the top fishing destination in Europe already we are reaping the awards of the biggest decision the government made ever when they banned commercial bass fishing.. Bass guides and blogs are popping up everywhere and I have seen a massive increase in bass anglers...

danbrosnan wrote: »
    The protection of waterways is a costly business and when this license is introduced I will refer back to this thread and say I told you so...

If Ireland played its cards right this country would become the top fishing destination in Europe already we are reaping the awards of the biggest decision the government made ever when they banned commercial bass fishing.. Bass guides and blogs are popping up everywhere and I have seen a massive increase in bass anglers...

Yes dan you tell the boys with the drift nets in Kerry that they are going and that it's for the benifit of all anglers and come back to me .Secondly you started your post with the word "If" .Its a small word but widly used il give u a few examples if the bankers weren't as greedy we wouldn't have water meters at every junction and turn, if the Goverment kept it's eye on the ball families wouldn't be hungry ,and if my aunt had balls she be my uncle lol tight lines .

madred006 wrote: »
    Yes dan you tell the boys with the drift nets in Kerry that they are going and that it's for the benifit of all anglers and come back to me .Secondly you started your post with the word "If" .Its a small word but widly used il give u a few examples if the bankers weren't as greedy we wouldn't have water meters at every junction and turn, if the Goverment kept it's eye on the ball families wouldn't be hungry ,and if my aunt had balls she be my uncle lol tight lines .

You don't have a clue really, I have reported many illegal nets in the last two years, I have no bother doing that, I had to move from town to town as a young lad because my family were being burnt out of house and home because of my fathers job..

Don't be telling me about drift nets, draft nets, illegal nets, poaching or anything to with the illegal activities because I knew more as a 12 year old boy about poaching then anyone will ever know...

Search my name on youtube and you will see a video of my family's dog that was cut in half by flare gun, while my father was trying to stop poaching on the river laune...

I have a page dedicated to the protection of rivers and lakes on the dingle peninsula and I am in regular contact with people reporting illegal activity...

I have being around the waters edge my whole life and the main problem with the angling communities is there divided opinion...

The legal nets in castlemaine harbour and the cashen estuary will only be got rid of if all anglers in kerry come together no other way... Maybe just maybe this all ireland license will provide that unity...

When I said greedy, I meant for fellas that only think of their own fishing and not of anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Maybe just maybe this all ireland license will provide that unity...

Sadly Dan, while I agree with a lot you are saying, nothing will unite all Irish anglers as there are too many different agenda's

21/25

You don't have a clue really, I have reported many illegal nets in the last two years, I have no bother doing that, I had to move from town to town as a young lad because my family were being burnt out of house and home because of my fathers job..

Don't be telling me about drift nets, draft nets, illegal nets, poaching or anything to with the illegal activities because I knew more as a 12 year old boy about poaching then anyone will ever know...

Search my name on youtube and you will see a video of my family's dog that was cut in half by flare gun, while my father was trying to stop poaching on the river laune...

I have a page dedicated to the protection of rivers and lakes on the dingle peninsula and I am in regular contact with people reporting illegal activity...

I have being around the waters edge my whole life and the main problem with the angling communities is there divided opinion...

The legal nets in castlemaine harbour and the cashen estuary will only be got rid of if all anglers in kerry come together no other way... Maybe just maybe this all ireland license will provide that unity...

Dan firstly I was replying to what was said about nets in previous posts and while I abhor the treatment you have suffered I really think that this licence will not prevent poaching . This is my final post on this matter and have no desire to fall out or in with any angler .We have too many representitive bodies in Ireland and there is no unity between any of them which is unfortunate .And it is my belief that the introduction of such a levy will destroy smaller clubs around the country and while I said u was / am in favour of a licence , it must be fair and equitable . IFI in my opinion has run it's course and must be shaken up .Get the relevent bodies together and meet their members inform them of the process keep them updated and then draw up proposals and see where it takes us .But an introduction of a licence that prevents a parent from fishing off a pier for mackerel ,or stops him / her from taking a boat out on to kylemore with a son or daughter is wrong and any angler who thinks that it isn't ,shouldn't be fishing.

I just agree with an all Ireland license for angling, if that is course, game or salt it should not matter...

That's what I believe is right and I stand by it... Most of my friends spit on the taught but for me it makes sense from an angling point of view and it has to make sense from a admin and protection point of view...

Tight lines everybody...

Advertisement