Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Does your man look a bit like Kevin Moran?....

Yeh . Think he was Irish rugby international

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Only caught the last few minutes, who's the guy in the green kacket, that looks like Benjy Riordan, is he FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Only caught the last few minutes, who's the guy in the green kacket, that looks like Benjy Riordan, is he FG.

Benjy!!......lol!

http://www.worldsecuritynetwork.com/author_bio/Power-Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Showing your age with Benjy :D:D

(Mind you, so am I now....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

My slap hands (plural) where getting itchy there. Power corrupting me telly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

You didn't see Prime Time tonight then.......A real gem of that "certain type of person".....

Just watching the repeat now on RTE now.
    The hatred and disdain there for each other is depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Justine McCarthy presenting tonight - a united Ireland is the topic tonight. Silly season already?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Justine McCarthy presenting tonight - a united Ireland is the topic tonight. Silly season already?

Feck sake, united Ireland ??
    The viewing numbers must be dropping with Vincent being off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Topic is odd; could have had any number of discussions on current affairs. Justine McCarthy's speaking voice is too mannered for TV; her enunciation is more suitable for radio presentation although even then there's little personality coming through. The opposite of Derbhail McDonald in many ways.

Industriousness is a word not used much Martina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This is a pointless conversation. What about Ivor Callely??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lordy - Martina Devlin and Justine McCarthy are two of the slowest, most deliberate speakers I know of.... not exactly the stuff of riveting TV debate. Don't think I'll last long watching this....

Hope someone knocks that silly grin off the Unionist lad's face. Very annoying grin.

Unionists are deluded. They live in a bygone age bubble while "the mainland" have moved on. Most British people couldn't give a damn about Northern Ireland, and the British Government look upon it as a drain on their resources, yet every year they don their bowler hats and pledge allegiance to their Queen. Utterly deluded people.

She's not a patch on Derbhail in fairness. Getting it hard to stay awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm no fan of Republicanism or Nationalism, but the north is 'British' in the same way as an Irish-themed bar in Boston is 'Irish'. Republicans and Loyalists have far more in common with each other than they do with either the rest of Ireland or Britain.

I wonder if that guy is related to Donal McIntyre? He's the head off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Justine is a great print journalist but she is poor enough at presenting this programme. Maybe she'll become more comfortable with the role over the coming days.

I wonder if that guy is related to Donal McIntyre? He's the head off him.
    A brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Justine does not look like she is talking into the camera with a lot of much confidence to be honest.

They are talking about Fr Brendan Smith now instead of Ivor Callely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Justine is a great print journalist but she is poor enough at presenting this programme. Maybe she'll become more comfortable with the role over the coming days.

I dunno... Vincent's been presenting it for over six years, and he hasn't got the hang of it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BikeQueery

This woman who thinks it's not all about economics.. who let clueless on tv..

It's quite bizarre that Sean Brady still shows up at state events.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

cardinal Brady should resign

Justine does not look like she is talking into the camera with a lot of much confidence to be honest.

They are talking about Fr Brendan Smith now instead of Ivor Callely.

Tomorrow night's topic: "The French Revolution - successful or not? Or is it too early to judge?"

Justine's jacket looks like it was made from cotton tea towels.

kitchen-waffle-20090629-L1050226.jpg

The treatment of those victims that received that barbaric operation have been treated terribly by this government.

If an unemployed person goes to prison their social welfare is stopped. Doesn't apply to the political elite on their massive social welfare payments, though.

If a politician is convicted of a crime whilst in office, they should lose all pension entitlements. The fact that Ray Burke is still in receipt of a huge pension is a disgrace.

• Advertisement

I like Mick Clifford, I'll have to tune in tomorrow night to check out his presenting skills. Imagine if John Drennan hosted the show, now that really would be hilarious :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement