Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council housing no longer suitable

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mummy5

Hi,

Are you still on the housing list or are you only eligible for a transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hope29

mummy5 wrote: »
    Hi,

Are you still on the housing list or are you only eligible for a transfer?

We are on the housing list cause this is own by the council. I'm on the transfer list but still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

hope29 wrote: »
    We are on the housing list cause this is own by the council. I'm on the transfer list but still no joy.

Unfortunately OP there is a housing crisis in Ireland, especially in Dublin. So although your conditions are not ideal you are in a better position to a lot of other people.

Could you speak to your GP about the baby not sleeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mummy5

when you were placed on the housing list you have been sent a letter with a reference number and a pin number. With this information u can go onto the sdcc website and apply for 'choice based letting' Have you heard about this scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

mummy5 wrote: »
    when you were placed on the housing list you have been sent a letter with a reference number and a pin number. With this information u can go onto the sdcc website and apply for 'choice based letting' Have you heard about this scheme?

If you are housed by DCC then you cant apply for housing in SDCC but you can apply for Choice Based Lettings in DCC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 hope29

BOHS wrote: »
    If you are housed by DCC then you cant apply for housing in SDCC but you can apply for Choice Based Lettings in DCC.

How do I do that? And the baby nurse know bout the baby not sleeping great

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hqd

Any vacancies under Choice Based Lettings will be put on the Dublin City Council website ( I can't post the link as I'm only registered on boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,743 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And the baby nurse know bout the baby not sleeping great

It doesn't matter what the nurse knows: that won't help you get a better house.

You need to get a letter from the Doctor, and give it to the council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

As well as the Doctor, also visit one of your local authority elected councillors as well. Show them the bedsit or at least take photos for them. Never mind the haters on here, best of luck with getting more suitable accommodation, and wanting to better conditions and chances for yourself, your partner and your little one. It will be onwards and upwards, you'll see, and in turn your bedsit will be useful for a single person who needs accommodation.

Advertisement