Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24: Day 9 - Live Another Day, The Final Hour [ 10 p.m. - 11 a.m. ][* SPOILERS *]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's been a really enjoyable season.

The conversation between Heller and the PM was a real sad one. Was genuinely gutted after it.

One minor grip.. why did they just advance 12 hours. Was there any point in it at all?

I'm just a little surprised they didn't use that "spare" time a bit more through the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

Disappointing finale really. I think everyone twigged that the idea of the sniper on Audrey was so that Cheng could get away. I wasn't a bit shocked that Audrey snuffed it, very predictable that she would be the sacrificial lamb.I never liked her character anway, too whiny. I was much more gutted when
    Renee got killed
    as she was far hotter than Audrey.:)
    The ending was just a repeat of when
    Jack got taken away in a slow boat to China
    . He came back for another season after that so I assume he will do the same this time. Roll on Day 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Audrey's death was a bit lame. Of course Cheng would have redundancy. First her husband's innocence then Audrey's death, two mistakes to haunt Kate.

Jack looked relieved to be going to Russia. Wonder if he wants to be punished?

I liked the cycle.
    Kate guilty about husband, Kate ends the day guilty about Audrey.
    Jack starts the day rescuing Chloe and ends rescuing her.

Also belcheck is cool

Two most powerful scenes:
    Jack considering suicide.
    Heller talking about memory loss.

Hopefully there's another series as this one was great fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Turtwig wrote: »

Jack considering suicide.

Thought that was quite subtle, wondered if everyone copped it!

I shouted YEAH and punched the air when the guy got the meat cleaver in the chest :o

I ****ing love 24

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You knew as soon as Audrey was killed, Jack was going to go badass ala the drazens in season 1. It was the ending that was always going to happen, they would never definitely kill off Jack, to be honest he's not the type of character you do that to. Writers can do two things leave it forever and we all know Jack rotted in a Russian prison or they can bring him back like they did from the Chinese before.

Heller as president I enjoyed, Audrey is annoying so it wasn't too sad.

Best bit was when Jack chopped of Cheng's head, I shouted YES!

It was a good season but not a patch on the original run IMO. While 24 was always OTT, I felt this season was bordering on stupid and you could drive trucks through the plot holes. I'm going to watch it back in a few months all together and see if it has grown on me more.

Hoping for another, Jack Bauer is one of the greatest TV characters ever IMO and my favourite action star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Great end to a very good season! I'd been putting off watching the episode all day as I was convinced Jack was going to die. Right up to the last second I was waiting for the worst to happen. But thankfully Jack survived another day!

I do think we will get another season. And I wouldnt mind if it was another 3 or 4 years before we got it. I know Kiefer is getting older but the most important thing will be to get the script right. Also the producers said before one of the main reasons for bringing the show back was because they felt they didnt get a chance to wrap it up how they would have liked to at the end of Day 8. But I dont see Jack going to prison in Russia as "wrapping it up" hence why I expect more 24.

Probably my one disappointment with the episode was that Mark didnt get a pardon. Great actor and a very strong character. Even though he f***ed Jack over you could see how much he cared for Heller and I honestly think he thought he was protecting him forging his signature.

Not sure how the next season will work. Will Jack be freed in the middle of a crisis? Will he already be out at the start of the day. Depending on Heller's condition now maybe he'd be involved in getting Jack free. The guilt would be there (if he can remember) of not having tried to free Jack when he was in China years ago. And he knows how it hurt Jack that he didnt help him then. But if he resigns straight away then he wouldnt have much political power.

But my God if there is another season get Tony back! Him, Jack and Belcheck bringing down terrorist cells around the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Was reading over on 24spoilers.com that the ending was changed last minute and also 24 is doing a panel for comicon which is strange for shows apparently 'finished' so it looks like Day 10 could be on the cards.
    Wonder which James bond-esque title theyll choose next season.....

24: With a Vengeance!

Ok so not bond.

Ok so not bond.

24: Octopussy 2
    Very catchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭WexTK

Have to say the highlight of the season for me was Jack and Belcheck breaking Chloe out of detainment in the first episode - thrilling!

P.S. Is Kate Warner (season 2) the only Jack love interest not to die?

Terri RIP
    Nina RIP
    Renee RIP
    Audrey RIP

• Advertisement

WexTK wrote: »
    Have to say the highlight of the season for me was Jack and Belcheck breaking Chloe out of detainment in the first episode - thrilling!

P.S. Is Kate Warner (season 2) the only Jack love interest not to die?

Terri RIP
    Nina RIP
    Renee RIP
    Audrey RIP

The was Claudia in Day 3 (dead) and Diane at the start of Day 5.
    Jack gets around :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That can't be it. Surely. As a final episode ever, the ending was far too depressing. Easily see another series with Them breaking Jack out.

Heller's speech was ****ing depressing too! but it was a brilliant scene. Them feels.

KeithM89 wrote: »

Ok let me think... Claudia was one of those Salazar's right?

And Diane? Hmmm who was she? She had a kid and cooked Jack breakfast I think? I thought Jack was just a lodger, but it's been 10 years so things get hazy :pac:

KeithM89 wrote: »

Diane is the only one alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Diane is the only one alive.

And Kate Warner .
    edit and Marilyn Bauer according to 24 wiki, 3 out of 8!!

I reckon there will be a threat against Russia that Jack can prevent and he may get a pardon from them if he stops it. could do a few hours in Russia, stop threat, get a pardon but the threat follows on to the states so jack has to go back to LA. could suit the 12 episodes in 24 hours well.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭loh_oro

That ending was the definition of exceptional television. Not ashamed to say I shed a tear

I always thought the unsung hero of 24 was the music, and last night was just top stuff. From the tense music when Kate was about to rescue Audrey, to Jacks rampage to the piano theme at the very end, it really makes it stand out from every other tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

That ladder from the first episode is still amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Think that ending all but confirms another season.

It was a great season. Still life in the old dog yet. Loved that Cheng finally got killed by Jack. That's been a long time coming.

I just hope 24 make a better effort than Die Hard in Moscow

Staplor wrote: »
    That ladder from the first episode is still amazing

:D
    Its a telescopic ladder, get them on Amazon, they aint cheap though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Great episode that is just begging for another series the way it ended or its the plot for the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Hate to say it but knew Audrey was going to die and the bit in the end with Heller speaker saying how he will never remember this day never remember he had a daughter had me a tears. Sad way to go

Wonder were they happy, disappointed or indifferent at FOX to the ratings this season?
    Do they justify another series is what I'm wondering?

I was looking out this year to see if there were any obvious signs of budgetary constraints. I suppose with only 12 episodes as opposed to 24 they could plough a fair few quid into each episode.
    With the drone strikes this year, there was a new necessity for CGI, for the hit on Wembley in particular. Look it's tv and there isn't going to be millions spent on it.... however I think they just about got away with convincing us about Wembley's attack.... just!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Eh, are we meant to read into the fact that the episode ended with a silent clock???

unreggd wrote: »
    Eh, are we meant to read into the fact that the episode ended with a silent clock???

Season six ended with one too. Just for drama more than an omen Jack is dead or something.

WexTK wrote: »
    I was looking out this year to see if there were any obvious signs of budgetary constraints. I suppose with only 12 episodes as opposed to 24 they could plough a fair few quid into each episode.
    With the drone strikes this year, there was a new necessity for CGI, for the hit on Wembley in particular. Look it's tv and there isn't going to be millions spent on it.... however I think they just about got away with convincing us about Wembley's attack.... just!

Theres a video interview on youtube with one of the directors, i'll try and post a link later, he said the budgets basically the same as Day 7/8 (which was a fair bit less than 5 and 6) but was stretched since they built a larger number of sets and the UK cost more to film in.

Season 2 had the worst SFX. That scene where the plane get's shot down was truly awful.

Season 2 had the worst SFX. That scene where the plane get's shot down was truly awful.

Ha, yeah that was bad. The plane landing on the freeway in Day 5 was the only time I thought the CG looked well, but thankfully its rarely used in favour of practical stunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Interesting read regards the viewer numbers here

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/801458-24-season-10-renewal-will-24-live-another-day-be-renewed-or-canceled/

I wouldn't be optimistic for a season 10 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Whether there's another season or not will be down to the ratings really, which apparently werent that good in the States. Depends on what kind of ratings they were expecting - 24 had been away for a few years so it would've been unrealistic to expect the same ratings as they got back in the day. I would love to see more. There's no TV show quite like 24, and certainly no TV hero like Jack Bauer!

Advertisement