Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battleborn - New Gearbox IP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

DeSelby83 wrote:
    Has anyone gotten into this yet. I get put in a queue for 10/15 mins and nothing

Got in no problem this morning, just played story mission. On now trying versus and its taking a while to find players. Its says on one of the menus that if having problems connecting to versus on your own to try with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got into a 5v5 last night herding some minions or something.

Hadnt a clue what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

When does the Beta end?

Played a handful of games (Co-oP and PvP) last night, seems like it would be better with a group.

I haven't a clue what I'm doing most of the time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Definitely more MOBA based than shooter based anyway. It's ok what I played so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a couple of hours over the weekend wasnt impressed at all.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Played a couple of hours over the weekend wasnt impressed at all.

I agree, I don't really play MOBAs so I know I'm not the target market (maybe you need a hardcore group of 5 where you all compliment each others powers etc)

But I found it very Clunky controls wise, I couldn't hit jack-$hite with that Bow and Arrow girl or do much damage with the machine gun guy

Was very underwhelmed.

But I did like the humour in the Story mission

"Aaaaaaaarrrachnis!" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played this on Tuesday at friends house. I played overwatch too and I have to say that I like this a lot more. Its more moba style, wheres overwatch more TF2 style.

Kind of looking forward to this now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TotalBiscuit gives it a lot of praise. No micro-transactions is nice to see (though we'll see how long that lasts)

Open beta now live on PS4 and PS4 players will receive the first DLC pack for free. Xbox One and PC can play beta from Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I hope they fix the utter boredom of the previous beta. It's miles behind Overwatch and Paragon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Open beta is available for the weekend on all platforms. Bad timing with Dark Souls only just out but I might try and get an hour in at some stage to see what it's like.

Played it for about 2 hours lastnight and had a blast, feels so much better than the last beta.

Played some more and meh its ok, really depends on finding a class/hero you enjoy but overall the game is so so.
    It takes screen clutter to a whole new level.

Got a beta code for Paladins yesterday and its a far better experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I definitely enjoyed it more than the beta and the single player was more fun than i thought but im sure it will sell too much with a cut price overwatch also coming out and paragon as f2p. Hope to be able to play paragon too though, looks like more of a 'serious' mmo game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Couldn't get into any multiplayer games at the weekend (unless you're supposed to wait for more than 3 minutes, but if it's that bad at matchmaking or whatever it does, then I'm already out). Tried the story as a private game, was enjoyable enough but obviously quite hobbled by the fact that I had to play alone.

I feel sorta meh about it though not having been able to play it multi, so I'll continue to wait and see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is this pretty much the same type of game as Overwatch? Blizzard's effort seems to be getting great reviews so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is this pretty much the same type of game as Overwatch? Blizzard's effort seems to be getting great reviews so far.

No. it's completely different to Overwatch, and that's the issue...people seem to be confusing both as very similar games.

If you watch Total Biscuits take on it, he gives a great explanation and review of the game etc.

I also thought they were 2 in the same thing, and was just going to get 1...but now I'll probably get both.

(Same video was posted by Kiith on the previous page, but for those who don't go through the whole threads)

Nah its similar while being very different to Overwatch.

Paladins and Overwatch share a lot more similarities.

I cannot recommend Paladins enough,plenty of beta codes going round unlike Overwatch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone going to be playing this tomorrow? I don't think i've been this excited for a game in a long time. Really enjoyed the beta. Takes a bit to get your head around it but once you do it's fecking amazing

• Advertisement

Yeah looking forward to it but the overwatch beta is happened at the same time.
    I admit I'm looking forward to Overwatch more,mainly because blizzard had it behind locked doors for so long so I'm dying to try it out for myself.
    Early beta access from pre orders is tonight at midnight, hope to play some tomorrow night.

Having said that Battleborn is the deeper experience what with the pve elements [moba type gameplay] on top of gear and builds etc.
    I plan to get stuck into Overwatch for a few days then decide if ill stick with my preorder,meanwhile after the beta ends ill get stuck into Battleborn.

Carrying on from TB`s thoughts on Overwatch above heres his Battleborn thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Holding off getting this tomorrow, as much as I like the Borderlands series, I feel that from playing the beta that although there is good diversity with characters and skills, enemies are bland, boring and have no real differences, not to mention the sterile stages.

Is there any substantial Single Player elements to this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From IGNs review:
    The bigger issue with Battleborn's campaign is that it doesn't feel all that fulfilling. At roughly seven hours, it's not all that long, and what's there is plenty repetitive.

A lot of replayability with all of the extra characters, but not sure there is enough there for a long term single player experience. Seems like multiplayer is the main focus.

I got it , just played the prologue, was decent enough and quite funny (if you like Borderland's humour).

I got it mostly for the MP though, but so far I haven't been able to get a match in lobby. I don't know if that's because it's day 1, or people in Asia aren't interested.

There seems to be no server browser, it's a matchmaking system and there is no option to choose where my location is...so I can only assume I'm being put in 'ASIA' . Maybe if I change my STEAM download location settings I can get set to US servers as preference (similar to how it worked for L4D2 / TF2 )

Btw, I got it for half the price over at my favourite key reseller. (I don't know if it's against Boards rule to mention them by name....can someone clarify this ? ...if it's not I'll link it here....pretty well known website)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Btw, I got it for half the price over at my favourite key reseller. (I don't know if it's against Boards rule to mention them by name....can someone clarify this ? ...if it's not I'll link it here....pretty well known website)

Only if you're shilling for them and /or using a referral code. Standard caveat emptor for anyone using key resellers too, you might be supporting thieves and credit card fraud :)

Just had a few games. The humour is spot on with Borderlands, absolutely brilliant.

There was one mission ...with 'Geoff/Arachnis' ...you'll know when you play it...I won't spoil it.....but it's the first time maybe since Portal 2 or Borderlands 2 that I laughed out loud while playing a game. It's really really funny.

I actually tried to play PVP.....and ended up it seemed playing a PVE with 4 others....not what I signed up for.,..but was fun nonetheless.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    There was one mission ...with 'Geoff/Arachnis'

Played that in the Closed Beta, it was the only mission I think, it was very funny alright

People asking about single player, yeah its there in campaign.
    Also boss runs can be farmed for gear and loot that can then be used in multiplayer game modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was on the forth chapter of this game and I was near the end of the chapter and got a crash(On PC) pissed me off so much that I haven't played it since but I will probably go back to it sometime as it is still quite a good game.

Advertisement