Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battleborn - New Gearbox IP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Here is the announcement trailer for Battleborn from Gearbox Software, the makers of Borderlands. Loving the art style and characters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Think there might have been like three seconds between the two of you posting threads on this game :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Think there might have been like three seconds between the two of you posting threads on this game :pac:

ha ha ha great minds and all that :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's a MOBA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Doesn't have borderlands in the name, so recent history says it'll suck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Found borderlands series to be very boring so by default I am not looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just realized they're also making both the new and the collection of Homeworld, so hopefully I'm wrong and Duke Nuke & Aliens were terrible flukes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

MOBA games scare me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I love the art style

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Very interested in seeing how this turns out. Looks fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Emmmm, Trailer looked cool and I was very sceptical before watching it. So ill ask here. Where there is so much hate for it? Or thats colonial Marines still biting Gearbox in the arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Emmmm, Trailer looked cool and I was very sceptical before watching it. So ill ask here. Where there is so much hate for it? Or thats colonial Marines still biting Gearbox in the arse?

Combination of Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem, I think.

I'd say another bit of criticism it's likely getting is that so far it seems fairly similar to Borderlands. Obviously there's not a lot to go on yet, but add some cel-shading to that trailer and tell me it's Borderlands 3, and I'd believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

nobody seems to be talking about this anymore. Out February next year and looks class. 25 playable characters, story mode and single player

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be on the fence on this one. Borderlands didn't do it for me and I found it the churning out of memes and pop culture references that are already dated lazy and just not funny.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll be on the fence on this one. Borderlands didn't do it for me and I found it the churning out of memes and pop culture references that are already dated lazy and just not funny.

Blasphemy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cormac... wrote: »
    Blasphemy!

In my defense loot based games like Diablo have yet to click with me, I might have to give something like Torchlight or Diablo 3 a proper go sometime to see if they grab me.

I was referring to your bashing of the humour!
    Totally forgot about the gameplay and loot :P
    At least BL2 + DLC is value for money and the pinnacle of "good DLC"

Back on the subject of Battleborn though, kind of surprised theres been so little said about it, I guess the hype train has yet to get going

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I "heard" there was a closed technical test happening very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just "heard" the same thing. Wasnt really on my radar but ill give it a bash

"heard" the test was on oct 29th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just got this by email.

The team that brought you Borderlands has been hard at work creating the all-new hero shooter Battleborn, releasing February 9, 2016, but a select group of gamers won’t have to wait that long to play. Starting on October 29th we will be conducting a series of Closed Technical Tests to balance characters, stress servers, squash bugs, and test the online infrastructure – and we need your help!

The Closed Technical Test will take place on PS4, XBOX ONE, and PC. If you’re interested in helping us test out Battleborn and want to be one of the first people in the world to get their hands on this new breed of first-person shooters, you can register by going to http://rsvp.battleborn.com/.

REGISTER NOW FOR THE CLOSED TECHNICAL TEST STARTING OCTOBER 29TH
    For more information about Battleborn, its 25 playable heroes, co-op story mode, and three competitive multiplayer modes, visit www.battleborn.com.

Preloading it now.

Watched a video of it earlier and its doesnt really float my boat, shame the key is tied to my shift account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got my beta invite too.

how long is the beta for as I got my key?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I got my beta key also. Will give it a bash over the weekend.

I got a PS4 key, any idea how long the Beta lasts hope it's not a few hours, I'm not available tonight,

Very slick menus, possibly the best I have ever seen in a technical test.

Anyone manage to get a game?

everyone still waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone gotten into this yet. I get put in a queue for 10/15 mins and nothing

Advertisement