Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battleground 2014 Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What did they remove?

Ambrose vs Rollins. They wanted to sell the beating Ambrose took from Kane, Orton and Rollins. Plus they wanted to save the match for Summerslam.

They really need to scale back on the PPVs and this is the first one that should be on the chopping block. Two years in a row this was considered the worst PPV of the year. Nothing major happened here because they're trying to save everything for Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Ambrose vs Rollins. They wanted to sell the beating Ambrose took from Kane, Orton and Rollins. Plus they wanted to save the match for Summerslam.

They really need to scale back on the PPVs and this is the first one that should be on the chopping block. Two years in a row this was considered the worst PPV of the year. Nothing major happened here because they're trying to save everything for Summerslam.

I said on our podcast a few weeks ago they should have scrapped this PPV and built a strong card and feuds for Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I said on our podcast a few weeks ago they should have scrapped this PPV and built a strong card and feuds for Summerslam.

It was hardly a crap PPV though, i enjoyed it for what it was. The PPV continued most of these feuds going to Summerslam

It wasn't crap, just felt very rushed and thrown together.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,838 ✭✭✭✭CSF

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes not, I think his promo work is still good, His character just needs to go somewhere. Missed his match last night but I still like him in the ring. He gives something different in there and is very agile for a man of his size and stature. The majority of the live fans still dig him too.

I personally think his character needs to progress differently, all his feuds see very similar.

His promos are improving all the time. I just don't think you can be anything significant, if you can't put on a good singles match at a PPV

That is 4 snorefests from him in a row now with guys who have done many good matches with other competitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The card looked good on paper hence why I stayed up for it. I just think some of the matches could of been a lot better in my opinion.

I expect SummerSlam to be million times better than this show.

CSF wrote: »
    His promos are improving all the time. I just don't think you can be anything significant, if you can't put on a good singles match at a PPV

That is 4 snorefests from him in a row now with guys who have done many good matches with other competitors.

That's very harsh imo. The Last Man standing was a good match. And the WM was enjoyable in its own way.

This match was fine, but that being said the NXT match they had was much better so it shows the potential is there imo.

That's very harsh imo. The Last Man standing was a good match. And the WM was enjoyable in its own way.

This match was fine, but that being said the NXT match they had was much better so it shows the potential is there imo.

Id agree its harsh, I enjoyed his WM match as well as the Daniel Bryan one at the RR. The last man standing match was quite good except for the finish

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id agree its harsh, I enjoyed his WM match as well as the Daniel Bryan one at the RR. The last man standing match was quite good except for the finish

Think you're thinking of the finish of the cage match?

Think you're thinking of the finish of the cage match?

No i wasnt a fan of the cage match.

• Advertisement

I wasn't either, but I wouldn't be blaming Bray. Bad booking and cage matches don't work in a PG era.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Daily Mail isn't a fan of Rusev and Lana....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2699766/Blonde-WWE-star-slammed-using-MH17-tragedy-tasteless-storyline-grudge-match-Russian-American-wrestlers.html

The comments are reasonable, as always....
    SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN,, SLAM DUNKED ON HER HEAD...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »

Shocks me how much of the attack is launched at Lana, when the reality is she simply read a scripted line and likely isnt in a position to go "Nah, I won't say that".....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Shocks me how much of the attack is launched at Lana, when the reality is she simply read a scripted line and likely isnt in a position to go "Nah, I won't say that".....

Thats the Daily Mail being...well...being the Daily Mail, shock headlines, little research and over sensationalistic writing style. Wouldnt pay attention to them anyway

I was surprised at the angle given how PC WWE is these days I must admit.

Agreed. There was no need for this one. There was just one only a couple of weeks ago. This was just a shameless attempt to milk $60 out of the marks and fanboys. They could have done just as good of, if not better job building towards Summerslam without this one.

J. Marston wrote: »

I'm guessing the author is one of those "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!!!!!!" types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Is Lesnar expected to appear on RAW tonight?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blatter wrote: »
    Is Lesnar expected to appear on RAW tonight?
    yeah. Hetman was tweeting about initiating Plan C and the promo material for Summerslam is Lesnar/Cena, so would make sense to start tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished watching:

Tag match was really good and shows what the tag division is capable of plus showed the Usos have a right to be champions and the Wyatts have a right to be next.

Divas match was messy. Mistakes and talking. Though has Paige a new top, came out looking a bit Nikki there.

Battle Royal. Messy as well but enjoyed it. They didn't exactly hide the fact Miz was hiding outside the ring. If they were trying to hide it, they failed big time. Another nice spot from Kofi. And if Cesaro is to be eliminated, I'd happily see Slater get the job. The man needs a push. :) And why doesn't he go back to his One Man Band theme? Do you think anyone will mention that Del Rio wasn't actually eliminated?

Rollins/Ambrose - Shame no match but was good to see the ongoing attacks through the night. Maybe Rollins should just watch his back when cameramen are around. And why was he leaving if planning on cashing in, though dunno how the briefcase fit in that case he had.

Speaking of cashing in, I thought Plan C was to take place at the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Was Del Rio wasn't actually eliminated in the battle royal? He went under the bottom rope and then put his leg over the top rope but was never thrown out over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Think it was said on the podcast that the Swagger/Rusev and Ambrose/Rollins matches needed screwy finishes to progress them and that's somewhat what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was Del Rio wasn't actually eliminated in the battle royal? He went under the bottom rope and then put his leg over the top rope but was never thrown out over the top.

I watched it back when he was said to be eliminated. He went out under the bottom rope then was knocked off the apron, so wasn't officially eliminated.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Think it was said on the podcast that the Swagger/Rusev and Ambrose/Rollins matches needed screwy finishes to progress them and that's somewhat what we got.

Screwy finish would have been fine after a great wrestling match. Given that the only great wrestling match I saw was the tag team, the show could have heavily done with their match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Omackeral wrote: »

I almost felt like apologizing to Mark when the match (Rollins/Ambrose) didn't happen after I said I wouldnt be surprised if we didn't even get a proper match with regards that one on the cast, just remember him going "ahhh nooo, don't say that" after I made the suggestion.

Think thats how most feel about it, we wanted a match even if we understand that this is a great build to Summerslam. It's a feud of the year contender already imo but i'd have been p!ssed if I was there live and the match didn't happen as it woulda been the one on the card I would have been looking forward to the most

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Still haven't finished watching the show but the tag match was a great match. The two teams seem to be in sync with each other and it's leading to good matches between the two.

The divas match was okay bar the spear through the ropes botch and Paige's reactions during the match.

The goldust/ stardust thing is really annoying to me anyway.

The battle royal was good and liked the end bar the winner but was hoping for Ziggler would have won.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Still haven't finished watching the show but the tag match was a great match. The two teams seem to be in sync with each other and it's leading to good matches between the two.

The divas match was okay bar the spear through the ropes botch and Paige's reactions during the match.

The goldust/ stardust thing is really annoying to me anyway.

The battle royal was good and liked the end bar the winner but was hoping for Ziggler would have won.

When is The Miz's movie out? It looks like Miz v Ziggler at Summerslam and they're not going to carry on the Miz push once his movie is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

When is The Miz's movie out? It looks like Miz v Ziggler at Summerslam and they're not going to carry on the Miz push once his movie is done.

December :(

December :(

Jesus there was me thinking he won the title because the movie was on it's way out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement