Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battleground 2014 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd rather see Diego win the match than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

D'lo Brown?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Randy wearing blue trunks in honour of Bluetista.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Angron wrote: »
    Randy wearing blue trunks in honour of Bluetista.
    Beat me to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Reigns is still extremely raw in the ring in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He doesn't even pull back on their neck. Such an awful looking move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

miz and sheamus unification at ss probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

J. Marston wrote: »
    He doesn't even pull back on their neck. Such an awful looking move.
    Sure in a year's time we'll be complaining about 2 move Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Enjoying this main event

Surely Cesaro is in the doghouse

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Enjoying this main event

Surely Cesaro is in the doghouse
    Big time.

Where's Heyman gone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Love me some roman reigns kicking ass

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

ricero wrote: »
    Love me some roman reigns kicking ass

Ewwww. :pac:

I knew it was going to happen, I understand why it has to happen but I still hate it.

Just go away Cena.

No Bork Lazer, maybe tomorrow night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

exact same ending as money in the bank. ffs....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Well that wasn't a very good show. Don't know how they looked at that show on paper and thought removing the potential best match was a good idea.

mxph3 wrote: »
    No Bork Lazer, maybe tomorrow night though.

Couldn't see them putting him on PPV unannounced like that really.

I don't think this PPV was worth staying up at night.

It was like an episode of RAW with one or two good matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Well that wasn't a very good show. Don't know how they looked at that show on paper and thought removing the potential best match was a good idea.

What did they remove?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was gonna say this was like an episode of Raw but it was more like an episode of Smackdown

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CSF wrote: »
    Was gonna say this was like an episode of Raw but it was more like an episode of Smackdown

In Your House: Battleground

rovert wrote: »
    In Your House: Battleground

Honestly, I can't believe they just didn't have the Rollins v Ambrose match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Glad I skipped this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Glad I skipped this.

The show promoted Raw really well to be fair. :P

rovert wrote: »
    The show promoted Raw really well to be fair. :P

I'd be pretty pissed if I bought a ticket and went to that show, expecting to see Ambrose v Rollins and it never happens.

From what i've heard Jericho/Wyatt and Swagger/Rusev were big let downs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah the show was grand, there wasn't much to hate about it. Apart from Rollins and Ambrose not actually happening (which isn't the end of the world) it was an enjoyable show. Sure there was things I didnt like but there always is.

I didnt mind the Rollins Ambrose match not happening, furthers there story well IMO. Made Ambrose look strong, crazy, out of control and determined. The match at Summerslam (if it happens then) will be even better as a result. Slight shades of Austin with Ambrose last night which is a huge plus.

Swagger v Rusev was decent, think both lads can do better and expect Swagger to get the win down the road. With these politically motivated storylines, WWE either slowly kill them off or go full throttle with them, and with Lanas pre match promo, I believe we will see alot more of Putin in the coming weeks at least.

AJ v Paige was decent too, again would of thought they can pull off a better match but it was another match to fuel the feud. Paige doesnt look ready to be honest but is still head and shoulders above most of the Divas. She will only get better with time.

Uso's Vs Wyatts was great. Both teams gave it their all in the ring and the last few mintues of near falls was top notch. Please give the Uso's a personality though, they can do it in the ring, but I couldnt care less about them. Was hoping for a Wyatt win there

Missed Jericho v Wyatt so cant comment much except on the result. Ive no problem with Jericho winning initially but I imagine Wyatt will win the war even though he lost the battle.

The Battle Royal was a good one, some nice spots, some shocks (Cesaro being dumped out by Slater) And i didnt hate The Miz winning, though it was obvious he was going to since he was hiding outside. Wonder what Cesaro has done to get in the dog house.

Also what happened to Fandango and RVD, were they not due in the Battle Royal???

The PPV was what it was and I enjoyed it.

Wyatt is finished as anything significant IMO. Harper is the only useful part of that faction

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A show of real highs and lows imo.

Usos vs Wyatts was brilliant.

Never expected Ambrose and Rollins to go beyond a No Contest, so the fact the duo got a show long angle that worked brilliantly was a nice surprise.

Bray vs Jericho was a good match, until the ending.

I liked how many video packages we got for feuds.

Rusev/Swagger felt like it never quite clicked but was decent. Divas title match was decent too, and won't complain when the Diva's actually get a decent story to work with.

Battle Royal was great....up until it became painfully obvious Miz was winning (so about half way through), and I think even the crowd picked up on it. It was too obvious. On the upside, Dolph was given a lot of good moments. Cesaro's stock is falling fast.

Didn't think we'd see Brock at the show either (you save that for TV), but that didn't mean the main event didn't end like a damp squib. Its not so much "Cena wins, LOL", cause I get the arguments for keeping the title on him. But the manner he does....it's just so boring and predictable. And worse, it's utterly forgettable; as a PPV main event, you could have skipped most of the last month and have missed absolutely nothing.

So overall, very middling show for me. Tag match was a highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CSF wrote: »
    Wyatt is finished as anything significant IMO. Harper is the only useful part of that faction

Hes not, I think his promo work is still good, His character just needs to go somewhere. Missed his match last night but I still like him in the ring. He gives something different in there and is very agile for a man of his size and stature. The majority of the live fans still dig him too.

I personally think his character needs to progress differently, all his feuds see very similar.

• Advertisement

OK;

Tag match was awesome. Going in I wanted Wyatts to win but i'm fine with the Uso's winning. Think they have to drop the belts soon though, time for new champions imo.

AJ/Paige was meh. I think both girls can do a lot better.

Ambrose/Rollins, while its a shame they didn't actually wrestle, they furthered the feud and Ambrose looked great. Relentless. Loved him coming out of the boot of the car. The fact that HHH got involved and in his face is very encouraging for Ambrose going forward too I think.

Really enjoying Rollins heel work. He is such a complete smug bastard. It's great.

Swagger/Rusev was ok, think better will come and a count out was probably the right way to go.

Miz winning the IC title. Ugh. Just ugh. You could hear a pin drop. Cesaro :mad:

Bray and Jericho was ok. More to come.

Fatal four way was as dull as expected. I just don't care about Reigns. He's doing nothing for me. He has to step things up. Completely one dimensional.

5-6/10 show. It was what it was, a preview for Summerslam.

Advertisement