Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good Wallet

Options
  • 30-06-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,615 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Chaps
    Like a fool i lost my wallet over the weekend thankfully there wasn't much cash in it, just bank cards and other cards that can and have been replaced,.
    Now the thing that really annoyed me was losing the wallet itself,
    It was a beauty ,nice leather one, small, tidy and neat. I bought while in Italy a few years back,
    My question to you good folks is where would i get a nice one from now, any recommendations

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

How about one of these? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

McChubbin wrote: »
    How about one of these? :D

I think I'll have one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Try the Bellroy wallets. Look class, think i'm going to get one.
    If i do, you can have my old wallet..... standard fare, brown leather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The mothers dog got at my 10 year old wallet recently and I wanted to get a decent one at a cheap price.

In the end I went for Alpine Swiss off amazon and I wasnt disappointed and it was about €12 if i remember correctly. i was looking for one with a coin pocket so it was tougher to find one to suit me, but the one I got is nice and flat and fits notes easily and has room for all my cards, and 2 "secret" pockets behind the cards and coin pocket

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Dapparel&field-keywords=alpine%20swiss%20wallet&sprefix=alpine+swiss%2Capparel%2C490&rh=i%3Aapparel%2Ck%3Aalpine%20swiss%20wallet

Mines still in perfect condition and it goes everywhere with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Someone gave me a very generous present of one of these about 6 years ago.

http://store.prada.com/en/NL/man/wallets/bi-fold/2M0738_C5S_F0R8F

It honestly has not aged a day since I got it. So if you win the lotto tonight you know which wallet to get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Google paul smith wallets. Good quality and cool designs

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Someone gave me a very generous present of one of these about 6 years ago.

http://store.prada.com/en/NL/man/wallets/bi-fold/2M0738_C5S_F0R8F

It honestly has not aged a day since I got it. So if you win the lotto tonight you know which wallet to get!

Jaysus if I lost that I'd be more worried about the wallet itself than the pesky cash + cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bought one of these last week.

I HATE wallets with a passion, prefer just to have nothing in my pockets. But will be travelling a bit soon so needed to keep different cards in the same space.

Comes with money clip.

Have to say very happy with it, Its slim without being too intrusive, takes my cards and cash and its stylish.

Anyone thats seen me take it out of my pocket has commented on it and its origin.

Comes in vary colours also.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008D94Q9Q/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_dp_1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,615 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Would u believe i found it !!!!!!!!!!
    My orginal one it was in the boot of the missus car , no idea how it got there but delighted,

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Congrats on finding it. If you're still thinking about replacing it google "Secrid". Great wallets and you don't keep cracking your cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

nc6000 wrote: »

These are Buy One Get One Free as part of a July 4th promotion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

nc6000 wrote: »
    These are Buy One Get One Free as part of a July 4th promotion.
    Why would someone need 2 wallets?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

When I lost my wallet it took me ages to find one to replace it, couldn't find one that pleased me. Is it a psychological thing? You know money association or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I found a nice one in River Island years ago that I still have to this day. I don't think paying out a large amount for some finely leather crafted one is going to effect my sense of self greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I found a nice one in River Island years ago that I still have to this day. I don't think paying out a large amount for some finely leather crafted one is going to effect my sense of self greatly.

Probably not but they last in your back pocket for years or decades even.
    Plus it's a manly man thingy.Can't have a wallet that's not leather if you're over twenty five.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got mine about 12 years ago living in Dublin and it's like the day I bought it, more or less. Just a cheapish adidas clothy one with velcro. Very high end. :) Think I was just looking for one quickly and all others seemed bulky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I love my Elephant wallet. So neat and tidy. It's amazing how much useless paper and cards build up in your wallet. No more of that for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Seems to be hard to find a wallet that has a coin holder as well or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

kneemos wrote: »
    Plus it's a manly man thingy.Can't have a wallet that's not leather if you're over twenty five.

I would hope people have outgrown Velcro wallets by the time they're 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Finding it hard to replace my wallet as well. Had this wallet over 15 years that I picked up in a market in the UK for about £10.

Trying to find something similar. Most wallets nowadays don't even come with a coin compartment which I really need. And to sound that I'm really picky the coin compartment has to be a button and not a zip lock mechanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

kneemos wrote: »

Don't sit down with your wallet in your back pocket! Could cause back problems.

http://ergonomics.about.com/od/bodymechanics/qt/posture_tip_wallet.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

niallo24 wrote: »
    Seems to be hard to find a wallet that has a coin holder as well or am I missing something?

Yeah they seem out of fashion at the moment. Managed to get one in Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

niallo24 wrote: »

Bit too much like a purse for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Secrid thank me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Stanlex

Funded one of these http://www.articulatewallets.com/ recently. Still waiting for it to be delivered. Intrigued to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Why would someone need 2 wallets?:D

I have 3 and find it very handy.

One with £ sterling in it, one with US$ and one that I use every day for Euros. When I come home from the UK or US I just take my cards from the wallet, put them back in my Euro wallet, and throw the US/UK wallet in a drawer until I need them again.

I was in the US recently and was surprised that all the wallets that I looked at over there have no change pocket. On reflection I can see their point. The largest coin is a quarter dollar, so you can have a pocket full of shrapnel and only a tiny amount of money.

Every time I'm there I moan about the fact that they don't use a dollar and a 2 dollar coin. You have a great big wad of notes and might only have $20

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Murt10 wrote: »
    One with £ sterling in it, one with US$ and one that I use every day for Euros. When I come home from the UK or US I just take my cards from the wallet, put them back in my Euro wallet, and throw the US/UK wallet in a drawer until I need them again.

Fair enough, that is a good reason :D

Advertisement