Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got G-Darius HD for my Switch for Christmas, and it's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Got a switch for Christmas. Thanks to my misses :p

Got Mario kart 8 with it. Gonna crack it open today. But what's the Nintendo shop like? Do you ever get any cheap deals online like you would with xbox and Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You married/partnered well !!!

For first/second party Switch games you night see sales of up to 1/3 off , which is usually still more than you'd pay for a physical copy of the game. Occasionally Amazon Germany and others have 3 for the price of 2 offers. But that's it

For 3rd party games, decent enough sales regularly on the e shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

BLAZBLUE CENTRALFICTION Special Edition for €3.99 on the eshop looks a bargain to me, haven't played this series since my vita broke 2 years ago.

Downloading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Well worth watching SwitchUp and Switch Corner deals videos on YouTube. There are some ridiculously cheap superb 3rd party games that often drop significantly in price. 1st party you're getting 30% at most. Dekudeals is a great website for tracking prices. Also worth considering setting up non EU profiles for cheap games from Russia and other countries.

Physical wise Argos can actually have some decent prices too (while they still exist here).

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just got myself a second hand 3ds on adverts with Mario Kart 7. Skipped over the 3ds entirely the first time around so I'm completely green, are there any essential games I should pick up? I have a Wii U and Switch as well so there might be better versions of some things on those. Thanks, Griff

A Link between Worlds.

Super Mario 3D Land.

And you can get them cheap enough new in Nintendo selects range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks, will check them out! There's actually a load of relatively cheap 3ds' on adverts at the moment if anyone is looking to pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After today, I now own Metroid Prime on 4 generations of Nintendo consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Finally got my hands on Dragon Quest XI for €30 from CeX can't wait to try it out properly during this coming week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Me too!

We are Nintendo's target demographic, compelled to buy their most iconic games on every single format they are released on.

If they released Ocarina of Time on the back-side of a pigeon, I would be making my way to Petstop to pre-book one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Decent price for CEX considering the game’s popularity. Fell in love with it there a couple months ago, such a ridiculously accessible epic.

People get way too much joy out of Nintendo stuff. 😁

Best to stay quiet or the government will put an extra fun tax on Nintendo stuff. 😁

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

First games I’ve bought for the Switch in a year. Although they’ll probably stay unopened for a bit as I’m back giving Breath of the Wild a second chance before the sequel comes out - not as irritating as I remember actually (other than the stupid rain).

Bought Breath of the Wild Collectors Edition on adverts for €120 for shuts and giggles the soundtrack CD is **** epic

Making up for lost time I guess, another new arrival. 🙂

It's a lovely version of the game, feels like a window into a physical diorama.

Pity they have yet to be inspired enough to do the same porting process to Link Between Worlds, Minish Cap and Seasons games.

I’m guessing the only way to play the older Zelda games on Switch these days is via that online subscription thing? Not really interested in subbing to that tbh as EmuDeck on the Steam Deck has that base covered extremely well, same reason I passed on that Metroid Prime remaster.

Links Awakening looks worth the purchase though, read they made some nice QoL improvements too. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Be still my beating heart ❤️

Courtesy of the American sweet shop in Kilkenny today 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

^^^^

Is that from Kitty's Kabin or the vape/sweet shop on Parliament Street? Must get them for my son if they're still available.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

PoP just arrived from Smyths this morning, along with other recent gets I've yet to start.

Hah cheers! New keycaps are cheaper than a new keyboard. 😁

Astral Chain & Metroid were from CEX - said I wasn't going to get Metroid since I can play it on the Steam Deck but got back to playing the Switch over the christmas break so said feck it and got it. Was playing some Pokemon Arceus but I don't think it's for me tbh so will switch to one of the above instead (no pun intended).

Damn you John Cena and JK Simmons just bought Mortal Kombat 1 in Smyths, can't wait to Finish Them with Peacemaker and Omni-Man €35 for the game will have to buy the character packs asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Let me know how the Switch version is doing after the latest patch, mildly curious about picking this one up for cheap to play it on the go.

Massive day one patch unfortunately I'll be trying to sort a memory card on Saturday to do it will let you know.

It could be stick people for all I care though Omni-Man is God.

Advertisement