Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 30/06/14 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Paige departs with the title she is keeping warm for AJ.

Told you :D

Couldn't care less about the rest of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Told you :D

Couldn't care less about the rest of the show.

You finished bouncing yet?

:pac:

Sounds like it was a good show, i'll give my thoughts when I get a chance to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Wow. Amazing Raw. Y2Js return was not only unexpected but executed to perfection! AJ turning face and winning the title was pretty awesome (the win also made Paige very strong as well as turning her heel-best thing for her IMHO). Ambrose with a good promo and then the cash in tease (we haven't gotten many of them in the last few years) only for it to explode (as Ambrose said) right in his face. Vince McSandow was awesome, The Miz turning heel was well done, Y2J vs Bray-YES YES YES- Reigns looking like a badass. I have nothing to complain about after this Raw.

So we have so far

Cena vs Reigns vs Kane vs Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Battle Royale for the IC title

AJ vs Paige for the Divas title (probably)

Y2J vs Bray Wyatt (probably)

Usos vs The Wyatts (probably)

Ambrose vs Rollins (probably)

Sheamus vs someone for the US title

Loved it, proper proper Raw, building feuds for a PPV, actually making us care about said feuds, building tension, actually making most of their superstars seem important. I wasn't looking forward tonight after a mediocre (by MITB standards) PPV but my god was it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Paige losing the belt, I shouldn't have been a fan of, but it worked and has finally given her some character.

Y2J vs Bray, now that is both a pleasant surprise and a reason to print money. And here I was waiting to rant on this weeks podcast about wasting Bray after the Cena feud :p

How great is Ambrose? Love the idea of him appearing every time Rollins goes to cash in, brings something new to the MiTB cash-ins.

As great as the parting image of Reigns was, I still stand by my comments that he shouldn't have won last night and I hope he doesn't win the Fatal 4 Way. It's not to do with being ready or not being ready, I don't want him to win the belt and only serve as a transitional champion to Lesnar at Summerslam. Let him beat Lesnar and give him the title reign he both deserves and won the fans will enjoy.

Paige losing the belt, I shouldn't have been a fan of, but it worked and has finally given her some character.

Y2J vs Bray, now that is both a pleasant surprise and a reason to print money. And here I was waiting to rant on this weeks podcast about wasting Bray after the Cena feud :p

How great is Ambrose? Love the idea of him appearing every time Rollins goes to cash in, brings something new to the MiTB cash-ins.

As great as the parting image of Reigns was, I still stand by my comments that he shouldn't have won last night and I hope he doesn't win the Fatal 4 Way. It's not to do with being ready or not being ready, I don't want him to win the belt and only serve as a transitional champion to Lesnar at Summerslam. Let him beat Lesnar and give him the title reign he both deserves and won the fans will enjoy.

Rollins is gonna cash in on him at WM31 and become the biggest heel in the business.

Believe that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭savemejebus

AJ seems to be trolling all the pregnancy rumours in this bit, talking about getting her baby back and baby being home to mama :)
    http://www.wwe.com/videos/aj-lee-gets-her-baby-back-wwecom-exclusive-june-30-2014-26446163

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

AJ seems to be trolling all the pregnancy rumours in this bit, talking about getting her baby back and baby being home to mama :)
    http://www.wwe.com/videos/aj-lee-gets-her-baby-back-wwecom-exclusive-june-30-2014-26446163

I thought the pregnancy was made up to make her return a surprise. Wish I posted it as I would have looked like a genius now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this showed why it's such a bad idea to have only 3 weeks between PPVs.
    they've essentially had to squeeze 3 weeks worth of storyline into one show, with no real build.
    the whole thing of just randomly announcing the title match in the first 5 minutes of the RAW the night after is cringeworthy and makes sure nobody really cares, nearly as bad as TNA's No 1 contenter matches at the previous PPV.

they've essentially had to squeeze 3 weeks worth of storyline into one show, with no real build.
    the whole thing of just randomly announcing the title match in the first 5 minutes of the RAW the night after is cringeworthy and makes sure nobody really cares, nearly as bad as TNA's No 1 contenter matches at the previous PPV.
    Where are you getting 3 weeks? Apart from between EC and WM there is usually 4 week gap between PPVs. So missing a week isn't horribly bad. You can get why Kane and Orton are in the title match, Reigns is pretty perplexing seeing as how the Authority kind of hate the chap.
    Also, how often is it that you get basically the whole PPV matches feuding from the first Raw between PPVs? Hardly ever. I am actually looking forward to Battleground now, a whole lot more than I am even a week ago, never mind after Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I didn't like the announcement of the title match so early alright, the rest was gold.

• Advertisement

Having Reigns in the match is probably a setup of some kind.

Expect Kane, Orton and HHH to 3v1 him and beat the hell out of Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

so cena has basically become daniel bryan. authority beat down to end the show with cena selling the whole time and wwe using it to tease a future match NOT involving daniel...er john cena.

wonder how many will say wwe are burying cena now with this booking :cool:

rossie1977 wrote: »
    so cena has basically become daniel bryan. authority beat down to end the show with cena selling the whole time and wwe using it to tease a future match NOT involving daniel...er john cena.

wonder how many will say wwe are burying cena now with this booking :cool:
    Erm...Daniel Bryan was neither WWE World Heavyweight Champion or the top guy in the company when it was happening. As much as I think they made the right choice in Cena (for both this and the title) that argument just doesn't hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Erm...Daniel Bryan was neither WWE World Heavyweight Champion or the top guy in the company when it was happening.

bryan got beat up by the authority and left laying the night after mania 30 with the whole angle used to set up evolution vs shield...

its obvious to me at least that wwe are just inserting cena into the bryan storyline they had written for the summer culminating with him losing to lesnar at summerslam, then again they simply inserted bryan into the original punk storyline that was supposed to build into mania.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    bryan got beat up by the authority and left laying the night after mania 30 with the whole angle used to set up evolution vs shield...

its obvious to me at least that wwe are just inserting cena into the bryan storyline they had written for the summer culminating with him losing to lesnar at summerslam.
    I don't remember people complaining that he was being buried though? Also, using your champion to make people look credible isn't uncommon in the WWE.

As for your second point probably. Not going to argue with that because I have no evidence to. It's also Vince behind this so he'd try and shoe-horn Cena into a Diva's title match if he could get away with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

WWE making me care about Jack Swagger and Cody Rhodes, what is life?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    WWE making me care about Jack Swagger and Cody Rhodes, what is life?
    I think I've said it before on here but when WWE want to be they can be really good puppet masters. Which is why I get very p*ssed off at times with the company. Because I know they are capable of doing great things when they want to, they just don't seem to bother half the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wow. Amazing Raw. Hopefully they can keep going with this til Summerslam.

I didnt hate the Mizs return, hopefully the will keep him heel forever now. They have the chance to use his new hollywood persona of sorts to at least give him another run.

Y2Js return was a pleasant surprise and done very well. then pairing him against the Wyatts is the perfect use of both guys.

AJ returning as a face and in turn turning Paige heel is the best thing to happen to Paige yet. It will give her a persona which she has lacked and her match with AJ, tho short, gives me hope for the divas divison.

I totally forgot about Rollins when he came out at the end and was actually thinking he might win in a swerve. Ambroses character brings something fresh into the MITB case.

Vince McSandow was awesome, but I feel he wont get out of his current rut and has done more bad than good to him.

So happy Reigns didnt win on sunday and Im happy to see him lose again at battleground. Perhaps beating Brock the night after Summerslam could be his time after beating HHH the night before.

Swagger was not something I saw coming but it was something I would have loved to see (see BWE thread). The did it perfectly.

Good Job WWE creative. Still loads of work to do though (filler match with Goldust/Stardust v Rybaxel, but I very enjoyable Raw.

as Mrkiscool said :

"Loved it, proper proper Raw, building feuds for a PPV, actually making us care about said feuds, building tension, actually making most of their superstars seem important. I wasn't looking forward tonight after a mediocre (by MITB standards) PPV but my god was it good. "

Couldn't have said it better.

Finished watching, tremendous show.

I can barely remember a poor segment and most of them were excellent.

Best RAW since the Chicago show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Finished watching, tremendous show.

I can barely remember a poor segment and most of them were excellent.

Best RAW since the Chicago show.

Id say that one was better. Very pleased with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was expecting Hogan to come out for Swagger's segment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I heard a massive 'let's go Swagger' chant in 2014. That is how excellent this show was.

Cena's 'Thuganomics' reprise seems to have gone amiss amongst the hudge-pudge about how the title-match was set up. Not just 2006-2008, watered-down, pre-PG shmuzz but proper twanging it like it was 2003 again. Hey, it can veer near corny but I'll take whatever I can get, really.

I'd agree about the feedback for how the WWE WHC match was set up, mostly, but I'm betting HHH goes with some 'get'em to tear each other apart and have our guy sneak in for the win' slant whenever he sits down with Cole this week.

They finally did what I moaning about a while ago, with Cesaro and Kingston and giving the weekly matches a sense on competition by having it end during commercial.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Enjoyed that show

It was almost as if they cared about having a good show!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

rovert wrote: »
    4 returns, 3 babyface turns, 1 heel turn, cash in tease. Solid matches for the most part. The Attitude Era is back brothers.

Just checking. You counting Khali as a return and Swagger/Colter as separate turns? Just making sure I didn't miss any.

I find it funny that Cesaro turned face to go against Swagger yet now he's heel while Swagger and Colter have turned.

Great Raw. Unfortunately I had AJ's return spoiled, though didn't lessen my happiness at seeing her again. And as has been said, it will give Paige something to work with as a heel. Maybe she can actually be the anti diva now and not be going around smiling and being friendly.
    Was she ever heel on NXT? I started watching near when she won the NXT title.
    Were the crowd chanting AJ Punk at first or were 2 chants just overlapping?

Jericho return was great and nicely done with The Miz coming out first. Looking forward to the verbal confrontations between Y2J and Wyatt. Will be better than Cena's childish attempts at putdowns.

The 2 complaints I would have about the episode are 1. What the hell with that ad with Santino and Rose. Who would think "Oh Adam Rose and Santino drink this. I must too"?
    and 2. Very poorly lghle Layla was in the ring. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How did Reigns end up in the WWE Special Fatal 4 way Title match?

Seems odd that Triple H would put him in, unless of course he already considers him A+ or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I do find the WWE logic funny again. When there's a title match at a PPV they need to have the contract signing in the middle of the ring and all, yet Paige loses the title in an unplanned match, like AJ before her.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DM-ICE wrote: »
    How did Reigns end up in the WWE Special Fatal 4 way Title match?

Seems odd that Triple H would put him in, unless of course he already considers him A+ or whatever.

Yes seems strange HHH would add him to the title match, but seeing their interaction at the end of Raw, I wouldn't be surprised if HHH takes him out of the match now to further build their feud and SS match

Did Rollins cash in, did the bell ring?

Miz channelling Sonny Crockett with the white suit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I figure it's maybe to prevent him and Cena from becoming allies, but then again why put them on the same team in other matches other than to maybe screw both at the same time?

'Rasslin' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Raw was more enjoyable to watch than MITB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

First raw I've been able to watch in full in a few weeks and I picked a good one it seems. I didn't skip anything and dolph Ziegler is amazing and wwe made me want to see jack swagger beat russev :eek: stop it.

Advertisement