Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Moto G from Tesco for £129.99

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

cee_jay wrote: »
    I bought this from Meteor earlier today for €170. He wanted a Meteor phone number to register the phone against, but I said it was a present and didn't have the number with me.
    Popped my tesco mobile sim card in and its working perfectly.

micro or nano sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

Ordered mine from meteor site with new number. Phone came next day if ordered before 10 am via dpd. Sim came separately. popped in my 3 sim and works perfectly. Well worth the price, coming from a Samsung s3 a big improvement performance wise except a few things like camera. Although my s3 was slowly dying for a long time I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

micro or nano sim?

Micro sim. I switched it straight out of an iPhone 4S.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

cee_jay wrote: »
    I bought this from Meteor earlier today for €170. He wanted a Meteor phone number to register the phone against, but I said it was a present and didn't have the number with me.
    Popped my tesco mobile sim card in and its working perfectly.

Same, €169 instore price now. although he refused to sell it without a number so just have him mine. Said it was protocol in case it was stolen etc and needed to be blocked.
    The person I bought it for put their 3 sim in and it was up and running no bother. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Can anyone post some 4G speed tests?

Interested to see what the Moto G 4G is getting.

Yes I'm extremely late with this but this is the best test I have in Sligo town on Three.

NybDwGc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I bought this phone for my mum but I liked it that much that I bought one for myself to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Anybody get this phone unlocked without having to call tesco in the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

I cannot get more than 5mb in dublin city centre :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I bought this phone for my mum but I liked it that much that I bought one for myself to watch pron.
    FYP

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

deepsilent wrote: »
    I cannot get more than 5mb in dublin city centre :(

On 3? What are you getting on 3G?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

On 3? What are you getting on 3G?
    Yes 3, on 3g I get around 1.2 MB
    On 4g around 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone find a good class 6 64gb micro sd card for this? preferably on amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭bren2001

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone find a good class 6 64gb micro sd card for this? preferably on amazon?

I could be wrong but I think the max it takes is 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

bren2001 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think the max it takes is 32.

Officially its 32 but 64 will work. Some people over on XDA are running 64 gig cards in theirs, so you could check which make/model they're using to help ensure compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

gustafo wrote: »
    Anybody get this phone unlocked without having to call tesco in the uk?

Don't thinks so. Ring Tesco UK. Tell them you bought the phone to use on the Irish Tesco network but it won't work and need to be unlocked. Tell the you want to pay the £20- unlocking charge but can't use their on-line topup service with an Irish Credit card. They should give you £20- free credit and then unlock the phone. Number to call is a few posts back. Did mine yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Esel wrote: »
    FYP

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What does that mean?
    Google knows, if you really don't.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Bought it just now from meteor. Said it was for my missus who has an 085 number but that's alli said. Popped in three sim and nothing but some sim cars warning sign notification

An ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Was it turned on with a Meteor sim in it before you tried the 3 sim?if it was then it's locked to Meteor and you'll have to get an unlock code for it off ebay for 3 quid or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

ignore me

apparently i do not know how to insert a sim card these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Been asked before undoubtedly, so sorry, but will a Tesco Mobile Ireland sim work in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

bur wrote: »
    Been asked before undoubtedly, so sorry, but will a Tesco Mobile Ireland sim work in this?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

bur wrote:

yes if its simfree or you get it unlockef

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

i got the 8GB 3G moto G earlier this year - served me great and looking at this now. Any ideas how easy it is to transfer all the junk on my current 3G moto to the 4G moto??

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

astrofluff wrote: »
    i got the 8GB 3G moto G earlier this year - served me great and looking at this now. Any ideas how easy it is to transfer all the junk on my current 3G moto to the 4G moto??

Try Motorola migrate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

oh yeah, I remember that installing when I upgraded to KittyKat.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Bought one (4g 8gb) for the mother, was pleasantly surprised how good it was for such a relatively low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hi is this deal still available? says expired on hotukdeals but hoping there's still some way to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

phoned up tesco uk today to try and get the phone unlocked but after being fobbed off from 1 section to another for 20 mins there was no way they would unlock it if i didn't have the 20 quid topup paid, i explained that i had an irish credit card and i could not top up but still they would not do it,

so still have a new phone that i can't unlock anywhere

what a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lots of ebay sellers doing unlocking for these for about €2.50

Advertisement