Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Moto G from Tesco for £129.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Doge wrote: »
    Yeah another user bought one in store, but it was priced 10 euro more.

The guy working there matched the online price though.

Trying to find the post, might be in another thread.

Give them a ring and see if they have it in stock.

Thanks. Any idea if the thing where the phone locks to the network of the first sim card you put in it still applies?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Yes it locks to the first network sim inserted. I used mobile_guy on ebay for a few euro. Canadian dollars is his currency afair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

they took pity on me, tell them you fecked up the order by getting the locked version instead of the unlocked version.

Called Tesco yesterday morning and phone was unlocked by yesterday evening! Delighted, and didn't cost a penny!

Cheers for that, tayto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Called Tesco yesterday morning and phone was unlocked by yesterday evening! Delighted, and didn't cost a penny!

Cheers for that, tayto

hahaha brilliant, delighted ya got it sorted in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Cheers for that, tayto

What did you say when you called them?

• Advertisement

What did you say when you called them?

I told them I meant to order the unlocked version instead of the locked version and then they will put u through to try top up your phone section. But you wont be able to top up because u probably have an irish card. So after the girl spoke with her manager they gave me 20 pounds gratuity and then i was able to purchase an unlock code using that 20 pounds gratuity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I told them I meant to order the unlocked version instead of the locked version and then they will put u through to try top up your phone section. But you wont be able to top up because u probably have an irish card. So after the girl spoke with her manager they gave me 20 euro gratuity and then i was able to purchase an unlock code using that 20 euro gratuity.

€20 or £20?

That's great news! I must remember that if and when I finally get my Moto G 4G :rolleyes:

€20 or £20?

That's great news! I must remember that if and when I finally get my Moto G 4G :rolleyes:

oops sorry 20£

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

Yes it locks to the first network sim inserted. I used mobile_guy on ebay for a few euro. Canadian dollars is his currency afair.

So if the wife buys one in meteor and puts her Three SIM in it before she turns it on it should work okay for her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

SteM wrote: »
    So if the wife buys one in meteor and puts her Three SIM in it before she turns it on it should work okay for her?

Yeah as long as a meteor sim hasn't been put in it previously with the phone on she should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

£160 or €200 in Argos sim free for the LTE version, only in stock in Killarney or Tralee at the moment.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2828369

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Called Tesco UK about an hour ago

Got the unlock code for free

Took about 5 min to get it

Thanks taytobreath :)

Called Tesco UK about an hour ago

Got the unlock code for free

Took about 5 min to get it

Thanks taytobreath :)

nice one, glad to be of assistance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Yeah as long as a meteor sim hasn't been put in it previously with the phone on she should be fine.

Thanks, picked one up in meteor in tallaght today. The sales lady said that it wouldn't work on any other network. We put her three sim in and it worked straight away. No meteor branding either as far as I can see. Nice phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Got one in Galway today too. Went to charge €180 but when I told him it was listed cheaper online he checked the website, apologised and charged the lower price.

He went to get a new Meteor sim card for it but I told him I already had one.

Popped my tesco sim in and hey presto, up and running in 5 minutes flat.

Had planned on getting this online but worked out cheaper this was so cheers to all posters for the info

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Can anyone post some 4G speed tests?

Interested to see what the Moto G 4G is getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

I told them I meant to order the unlocked version instead of the locked version and then they will put u through to try top up your phone section. But you wont be able to top up because u probably have an irish card. So after the girl spoke with her manager they gave me 20 pounds gratuity and then i was able to purchase an unlock code using that 20 pounds gratuity.

Thank you for this!! Called this morning at 9:30 and after a bit of explaining I had no way to top up. She kept saying to get a voucher at Tesco, but I mentioned I didn't know how much I needed to with the exchange rate or if it would even work. She finally decided to top up my account, no manager needed. And at 5 pm I got my unlock code free of charge. Now I am just waiting to activate my new micro sim. :-) delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Does anyone know if the Tesco Mobile (Ireland) one's are unlocked like the Meteor one's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I really hope we get a <€100 price for this phone soon, whether it's the 8GB 3G version or whatever version.

Jamerican wrote: »
    Thank you for this!! Called this morning at 9:30 and after a bit of explaining I had no way to top up. She kept saying to get a voucher at Tesco, but I mentioned I didn't know how much I needed to with the exchange rate or if it would even work. She finally decided to top up my account, no manager needed. And at 5 pm I got my unlock code free of charge. Now I am just waiting to activate my new micro sim. :-) delighted!

No probs
    Yea i went through something similar to u. She tried to get me to top up by buying a voucher from an irish tesco, but then she went away and came back to tell me it wouldnt work, it was at that point she gave me the free 20 pounds and I got the unlock code the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Strange one but my LTE version won't let me use it when I'm charging from mains but fine when charging throught usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

whirlpool wrote: »
    I really hope we get a <€100 price for this phone soon, whether it's the 8GB 3G version or whatever version.

Well the new Moto G, X and 360 are getting launched the 4th of september or something so I'd say it's likely before the end of the year. It'll take the place of the Moto E in developed markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Jamerican wrote: »

I can't find any international number to ring - is it just their lo-call number or 0800 you rang or is there another number to ring?
    thanks

I can't find any international number to ring - is it just their lo-call number or 0800 you rang or is there another number to ring?
    thanks

have your imei and sim and tesco phone number with u, its took me 20 mins on the phone to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

have your imei and sim and tesco phone number with u, its took me 20 mins on the phone to them.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Thanks for that!

Hi

Will an Irish tesco sim work in one of these 4g motos from Tesco UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Unlikely, network codes are different across the various countries even if the carrier is the same company.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi

Will an Irish tesco sim work in one of these 4g motos from Tesco UK?

No, different network, will need an unlock code.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Hey, what sim does this take? and also what covers are you guys using?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I bought this from Meteor earlier today for €170. He wanted a Meteor phone number to register the phone against, but I said it was a present and didn't have the number with me.
    Popped my tesco mobile sim card in and its working perfectly.

Advertisement