Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I saw.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Must be the day for it it something because i saw a guy with a girl who couldn't have been more than 9 years old as a pillion passenger on his motorbike this afternoon, this was in traffic that was moving in the 80-100kph range. Plus she was only wearing shorts which is just retarded for anyone on a motorbike.

My friend was driving at the time and i was a passenger and we both did a double-take as we drove past them. I rang the local police station straight away and they said they'd look into it.

Seriously though, i'm not easily shocked but i had trouble believing what i was seeing. If that was his daughter she should just have been taken off him immediately because he is obviously too stupid to raise a child.

So they weren't breaking any law at all but you think his child should be put into protective custody?
    Fair enough, shorts leave your legs completely unprotected and it is a bad attitude to wear them, or allow a pillion to wear them, but protective trousers are not a legal requirement.
    You overreacted and rang the gardai to waste there time about a road user who was doing nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

She was trying to save ducklings for Gods sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ye let's all blame the OP for not making a call instead of the irresponsible woman :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

rawn wrote: »
    I bet she didn't even pay road tax, Joe.

sure nobody pays road tax :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

So they weren't breaking any law at all but you think his child should be put into protective custody?
    Fair enough, shorts leave your legs completely unprotected and it is a bad attitude to wear them, or allow a pillion to wear them, but protective trousers are not a legal requirement.
    You overreacted and rang the gardai to waste there time about a road user who was doing nothing wrong.

It has to be negligence or child endangerment or something.

Have you every seen someone who has come off a motorbike at even a modest speed when they weren't wearing proper protective gear?

• Advertisement
Advertisement