Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I really want to know which actor wrote Dave and Dan a letter when they found out their character gets a premature death

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cacdit2016

Whens it coming out in ireland does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

cacdit2016 wrote: »
    Whens it coming out in ireland does anyone know?

The new season? It's due the 12th of April in the states and as far as I know being broadcast world wide at the same time. For most people though you are talking the 13th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Jofspring wrote: »
    The new season? It's due the 12th of April in the states and as far as I know being broadcast world wide at the same time. For most people though you are talking the 13th.

Apparently Sky Atlantic are not participating in the worldwide simu-broadcast.

Linky

Although things may have changed since I saw that, that article is from March 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Would be crazy not to id imagine. I know I'll probably watch it without out ads if I don't stay up to watch it.

• Advertisement

Apparently there's a premiere next wk in the IFI. Anybody know how to get tickets?

Apparently there's a premiere next wk in the IFI. Anybody know how to get tickets?

Thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

They did it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

***EDIT: These have been confirmed as fake!!!

Episode 4 - 7 Titles & Descriptions:

Don't look unless you don't mind spoilers!!!

All I will say is, Fetch the block!
    Episode #44: The Sons of the Harpy: Margaery seeks prudent counsel. Jaime struggles in foreign lands. Dany answers the Harpys call. (Written by Dave Hill; directed by Mark Mylod.)

Episode #45: Kill the Boy: Cersei plots a dangerous game. Jon swings his sword. Melisandre studies the signs. Tyrion sees the ghosts of the past. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.)

Episode #46: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken: Margaery receives a grim surprise. Jon hears dark tidings. Winterfell prepares for a wedding. Doran Martell speaks his word. (Written by Bryan Cogman; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.)

Episode #47: The Gift: In Meereen, Dany must compromise or flee. Stannis comes into trouble on his way south. Brienne finds shelter in the woods. Arya is faced with her destiny. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Miguel Sapochnik.)

I wonder if GRRM is going to release a TWOW chapter again like he did last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think he's stated that he won't be releasing anything else from TWOW. Between the sample chapters he's already released and those extracts he's read at cons etc. there's already a considerable amount of it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sleepy wrote: »
    I think he's stated that he won't be releasing anything else from TWOW. Between the sample chapters he's already released and those extracts he's read at cons etc. there's already a considerable amount of it out there.

He just answered yesterday that he would be releasing more: http://grrm.livejournal.com/415405.html?thread=20547501#t20547501

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

We asked for a new chapter, George delivered.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It would be nice if he released a whole book of sample chapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

SUPERKush wrote: »
    Has anyone any ideas as to what each episode consists of now that the titles have been released?

The names of the first 7 and a wee preview is given on the wiki site here. Oh gosh only a few day now! :D

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Season_5

Does anybody know if you can subscribe to HBO Now in Ireland? I don't have apple TV but I do have an iPad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Does anybody know if you can subscribe to HBO Now in Ireland? I don't have apple TV but I do have an iPad

No. It's on Sky Atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Class! The one true king.

10580901_792983734084714_3087795567535727994_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

I'll take it most people have watched the first 4 episodes.
    Bronn is so dead, he will get his head chopped off by Areo Hotah isn't he, he's a great character in the tv show.

Do you like the way the show has deviated from the books?
    I have to admit that I am.

Didn't fancy a 4 or 5 week wait to see a new episode, so decided to watch it weekly and not watch the leaked stuff. Tempting as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,154 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Didn't fancy a 4 or 5 week wait to see a new episode, so decided to watch it weekly and not watch the leaked stuff. Tempting as it is.

Yeah, same. Will watch the first one this evening after work I reckon.

Ive watched the first one, but I wouldnt have time to do a binge watch so will watch the rest over the course of the next week or so. Probably will end up with a 2-3 week wait in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

I thought the same, but I'm weak god dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I was going to stop watching this season and i watched all 4 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Same here, plus 1080p :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Episode 7: Sansa will play the role of Jeyne Poole in the books. Theon Greyjoy i.e - Reek, will "prepare her" for Ramsay's cruelty, rape scenes galore and make her eat her own fingers etc. (although this was Lady Holbrook or whatever)

Episode 8: Jon Snow battles the White Walkers in Hardhome and meets the Night's King for the first time. Tormund will die protecting Snow. This episode will also feature Cersei's Walk of Shame with the introduction of Robert Strong at the end (the re-animated Gregore Clegane) to be her champion in Season 6.

Episode 9: Daznak's Pit chaos when Drogon attacks the gladiatorial event. Daenerys flys off on Drogon's back into the sunset. This will be the start of the Second Siege of Meereen to be played out in Season 6 with Tyrion outside and Daenery's missing with Drogon. Pieces of Winds of Winter are played out in the Battle of Winterfell. Stannis told his men to make holes in the ice on top of the lakes so his men could fish when they were camped in the village on their way to Winterfell. I can see the Freys on horseback attacking Stannis and galloping across the frozen lake the Freys and Bolton's men fall into the lake and drown when the ice breaks because of the holes. Theon Greyjoy helps Sansa escape.

Episode 10: Lady Stoneheart is revealed to Brienne setting the stage for Jaime's story arch in season 6. Varys reappears out of nowhere and kills Kevan and Pycelle. Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark = Jon Snow. Night's Watch betraying Jon Snow to end the season on a cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Pedro Bear i would love if the season ended like that. I'd imagine you're right on most of the major events but although I'd love to see Lady Stoneheart revealed I fear they've just removed that storyline altogether. But one thing that's likely is your prediction about the end of episode 10. I can definitely see Theon saving Sansa and if that does happen then Stannis will finally have a Stark to put back into a heavily depleted Winterfell...

The pieces seem to be coming together for the end game but I've no doubt GRRM will have a few twists in place to fúck with our fragile minds...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

I'm I the only one that's afraid that Brienne is gonna kill Stannis this season (maybe after he takes Winterfell)? They're really building/hyping up his character and making him more likable which may be so his death is more impactful.
    There's even a moment in the crypts when Littlefinger says he expects Stannis to take Winterfell AND win the Throne

I'm I the only one that's afraid that Brienne is gonna kill Stannis this season (maybe after he takes Winterfell)?

Oh crap.

I had not considered that at all....thats probably what will happen.

Disaster!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Does anyone expect to see
    Young Griff a.k.a. Aegon Targaryen
    in season 5?

The storyline for that character is too strong, I feel it cannot be left out. Even if that character is left out I think someone else would have to carry the story line.

Advertisement