Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skins and Vix

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭iba

fat-tony wrote: »
    @iba - there is a setting in E2 AB regarding channel numbers:

This is probably what you need to unset in E2 AB to get rid of your spurious numbers. The number becomes part of the channel name text, so the ViX channel selection setting can't hide it.
    By the way, there is a newer version of E2 AB added to the ViX feeds this morning.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will try it this evening.

But, Should I uninstall the E2 AB that I have now and install the new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I don't believe that you have to uninstall, but if you wanted to be absolutely sure there were no remnants, then uninstall and install the update.

Details here:
    05-07-2014 Not by Lraizer
    Added error checking in script
    Re-ordered the regions
    Owing to HD channel changes, supplement file now renames them
    custom_sort_3.txt has had the affected channels commented out
    ITV regions also named via supplement file
    "Custom" relabelled to "custom swap"
    Hide PLI place holders defaulted to true
    Other/extra defaulted to true

fat-tony wrote: »
    I don't believe that you have to uninstall, but if you wanted to be absolutely sure there were no remnants, then uninstall and install the update.

Details here:

Went to Menu/Setup/Software update but it said no updates available.

Also went into AB E2 and changed Show Channel Numbers from Yes to NO and rebooted receiver, but it didn't make a difference.

I don't want to confuse, so this is what I have now:

Hold the phone.

I had the STB off the last 2 hours and just put it back on and the numbers have gone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

First reboot should have done the trick, but no matter - you've got your wish.
    The E2 AB is not part of the standard ViX package, but is available as a plugin. If you remove and re-install you should get the updated version if Rob Van der Does has done his stuff...

Advertisement