Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do men like crazy/unnatural hair colours on women?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I think he means that the reality is that attraction starts with the physical.

Personally I find someone then becomes more attractive if they have the personality/sense of humour to go with it, but unless you have that initial physical spark you probably won't get to that point.

That may be how it is for you, but why do you think it's that way for everyone? For me, with guys anyway I'd have to know the person first or at least something about them so I've an indication of the type of person they are, then I find them physically attractive, but rarely just on its own. Telling people they're lying or they're full of sh1t :confused: Not everyone sees things the same way you know...

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

--LOS-- wrote: »
    That may be how it is for you, but why do you think it's that way for everyone? For me, with guys anyway I'd have to know the person first or at least something about them so I've an indication of the type of person they are, then I find them physically attractive, but rarely just on its own. Telling people they're lying or they're full of sh1t :confused: Not everyone sees things the same way you know...

So you don't find anyone attractive that you have never spoken to? :confused:

awec wrote: »
    So you don't find anyone attractive that you have never spoken to? :confused:

I wouldn't have to speak to them to know something about them btw. But no I don't with guys.

I wouldn't have to speak to them to know something about them btw. But no I don't with guys.

Well I'd say you're in a teeny tiny minority with that one. I'm sure 99.99% of people are able to be physically attracted to someone without knowing anything about them whatsoever.

Which means people are able to not be attracted to someone without knowing anything about them, and there's nothing wrong with that either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I current have pink hair :). I had black hair before that also red, blonde, purple and Orange over the years. I liked the red the most though. I use La Riche and its not damaging to my hair at all - just take great care with the bleaching process to minimise damage. I also have piercings (3 in my lip, bridge, earlobes and a few retired ones). It's not for everyone - same as how I look at a fella in a tracksuit or a checkered shirt and chinos I suppose :pac:

• Advertisement

Well I'd say you're in a teeny tiny minority with that one. I'm sure 99.99% of people are able to be physically attracted to someone without knowing anything about them whatsoever.

Which means people are able to not be attracted to someone without knowing anything about them, and there's nothing wrong with that either. :)

Well I only said about guys, this thread asked about girls!

I don't think it's a teeny tiny minority at all, there's obviously others in this thread and I know a few people the same myself. Whether it's a minority or not is irrelevant, no reason to be insulting people and dismissing their opinions, just because they are different to yours.

Well I only said about guys, this thread asked about girls!

I don't think it's a teeny tiny minority at all, there's obviously others in this thread and I know a few people the same myself. Whether it's a minority or not is irrelevant, no reason to be insulting people and dismissing their opinions, just because they are different to yours.

Who's insulting anyone?! :huh:

Of course opinions can be dismissed if they're nonsense though. Everyone has a right to an opinion, it doesn't mean people have to take any notice of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

desultory wrote: »
    and as I said, you're full of shít.

edit: obviously worth the ban.

What an attractive person you are.

And this visual attractiveness, does that apply to blind people as well, btw?

old hippy wrote: »
    What an attractive person you are.

And this visual attractiveness, does that apply to blind people as well, btw?

What on earth are you on about? :confused:

I would imagine that blind people struggle to be physically attracted to someone on the account that they are blind. I am unsure how this is in any way relevant to everyone else in the world though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

As I said, it doesn't matter about hair, tattoos, piercings - it's the person inside.
    We are talking about external physical attraction. If you like imagining internal organs then you may want to start a thread on that.
    desultory wrote: »
    and as I said, you're full of shít.

edit: obviously worth the ban.
    What on earth are you on about? :confused:

I would imagine that blind people struggle to be physically attracted to someone on the account that they are blind. I am unsure how this is in any way relevant to everyone else in the world though.

In your world, perhaps. I'm one of the tiny minority who find personality much more attractive than so-called surface beauty. Quite a few of the so-called beautiful people can turn out to be quite ugly on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Personally I notice a pretty face first then eyes.

If she had neon blue hair, i guarantee you'd notice that first!

Personally it depends on the person. having green hair can look really nice on one person and god awful on another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Personally, short dark hair on a girl does it for me. Hipster heavy framed glasses are optional but encouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

In your world, perhaps. I'm one of the tiny minority who find personality much more attractive than so-called surface beauty. Quite a few of the so-called beautiful people can turn out to be quite ugly on the inside.

I don't think anyone disagrees that inner beauty is more attractive long-term.

But you'll obviously notice the person in the first place as a result of their physical attractiveness. That in turn will decide if you approach them and discover whether they have the personality/sense of humor etc to go with it

If you don't "fancy" them at some level from the first moment you won't be bothered finding out any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I have hair as black as the ace of spades. I'd love an indigo/deep blue hue but for now I'll just stick to henna-ing it during the summer when my hair goes slightly brown. :( I like the blackness.

I know a lady with bright red hair and I am just mad about it. I think if you can pull it off, more power to you.

Hair colour won't dissuade me, it's only hair at the end of the day.

Personality is obviously very important but a great personality is not going to matter much if you find the person very unattractive physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

It's not a real big issue don't think most men pay to much attention to hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Personality is obviously very important but a great personality is not going to matter much if you find the person very unattractive physically.

If you're not attracted to someone you may as well be p*ssing against the wind. Then again, I wouldn't find someone attractive solely on their physical appearance.

There's also the 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and all that jazz. What one person may find attractive, another person might not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

JamboMac wrote: »
    It's not a real big issue don't think most men pay to much attention to hair.

Lies! Hair can be very attractive

Lies! Hair can be very attractive

Sorry my opinion obviously doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sorry my opinion obviously doesn't count.

Well in fairness, you were claiming to be giving most men's opinion, not yours.

• Advertisement

Well in fairness, you were claiming to be giving most men's opinion, not yours.

Then are you not doing the same?

I'm not saying all, but I don't believe most pay to attention to hair as lots of the time it might not even be real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Has a lot to do with the age of the person imo.

Might look well on a fit 23 year old but aging "im still cool and young look at my blue hair!" in your 30's and 40's is a definite neddy no no.

It's similar to men and the aging "i'm still cool and young look at my leather pants, ridiculously low cut t-shirt and no I don't hide my receding hair line hairstyle!"

Then are you not doing the same?

I'm not saying all, but I don't believe most pay to attention to hair as lots of the time it might not even be real.

Where did I do the same? :confused: I never mentioned what anyone likes other than me.

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure I said what I like.

Has a lot to do with the age of the person imo.

Might look well on a fit 23 year old but aging "im still cool and young look at my blue hair!" in your 30's and 40's is a definite neddy no no.

It's similar to men and the aging "i'm still cool and young look at my leather pants, ridiculously low cut t-shirt and no I don't hide my receding hair line hairstyle!"

When is leather pants cool? If your on a motorbike fine. But I think on men of all ages leather pants is a no no.

Where did I do the same? :confused: I never mentioned what anyone likes other than me.

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure I said what I like.

Sorry it was the other commenter who did, I just assumed you answered my response to him must be the same person.

Didn't bother checking name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Tarzana wrote: »
    Well, someone might not like it aesthetically. Think it's unfair to insinuate they're closed-minded because of that.

To add to this, I'm just not crazy about how tattoos look. Totally cool with people having them, I just don't like them. I can't make myself. Does this make me closed-minded?

Having said that, I'm not sure I'd turn down a bloke because he has a tattoo. If it was very visible, I might well do. A hidden one, I could probably overlook. It's never come up though.

To add to this, I'm just not crazy about how tattoos look. Totally cool with people having them, I just don't like them. I can't make myself. Does this make me closed-minded?

Having said that, I'm not sure I'd turn down a bloke because he has a tattoo. If it was very visible, I might well do. A hidden one, I could probably overlook. It's never come up though.

But what if my his charm and good looks made up for my his tattoo?

I don't think your close minded, I have full sleeve on my arm but I think some piercings detract from a person especially the ones which are just metal under the skin.

Doesn't make sense to me but everybody has their own thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

The boyfriend would love if I dyed my hair a crazy colour, he often asks me to dye it purple or blue or whatever. If I didn't run the risk of being sacked, I totally would, too.

Some girls pull it off really well, but it looks terrible if she's destroyed her hair from all the bleach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

But what if my his charm and good looks made up for my his tattoo?

Charm + good looks + tattoo (a nice one I must add) = great combo :D

The downfall - the above described species of men don't tend to fancy me.
    Might get some ink after all... :pac:

Advertisement